BROOKLYN JET

Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

On 5/26/2020 at 12:06 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

JD is evidently TAKING calls, not MAKING them.  But you believe what you want, I guess. 

And I absolutely think Jamal's agent could be shopping him.  Because, again, he can't hold out, and evidently JD has no intention of paying him this offseason.  Which is of course the right move for the team.

Adams wants no part of playing this year on "only" $3.5M.  So if he has to shoot his way out of town he'll do exactly that.  

I could be wrong but I read that the players agent needs the teams permission to seek a trade.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Signing Adams at 17/per doesn't prevent the Jets from locking up Darnold long term if he earns an extension. Funny people already have Darnold locked into his second contract and he hasn't come anywhere near earning one yet but the guy who has clearly outplayed his current deal needs to go.

🤣

OK - ignore Sam's extension. What about the extra 25M in cap space we could use to sign premium position FA's?

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

"premium position FA's" 

lulz

Spending big in FA is not the way to build a team. You fill gaps with 2nd and 3rd tier guys. You want to hold on to the top tier guys you draft while they're in their prime. That's what Adams is. You lock him up for his 2nd contract. If we start drafting too many top tier guys then we should start worrying about positional value. Until then, just lock up the top tier guys we have.

The fact remains the Jets do not have to lock Adams up, we already own him for the next three years. I agree that you don't build a team by signing older high priced FA's. Look for value and use FA to fill holes while building through the draft. You don't flush 25M down the toilet just to keep Adams happy.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm saying there's a difference between playing through pain and playing through injury.  And there's also a way to behave while you're missing a game and your teammates are out there battling.  And it's not to tweet passive aggressively in such a way that you're essentially bashing your teammates while you sit at home.  

Only the player knows for sure if he can go or not. The fact that he chose to sit out against the Ravens and Lamar Jackson when a run stuffing box safety could have come up big or make him look real bad had to have entered Adam's mind in the decision making process.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

Now he’s “my guy” because of a Prez33 handle on a fan site?  My world doesn’t change one bit based on the Jamal Adams saga. I think the Jets are stupid for letting this guy linger on a vastly underpaid contract, but the Jets will go forward, and Jamal Adams will continue to kick ass wherever else he goes.  No skin off my back. 

Is it a coincidence that your handle is prez33? You're not Jamal because you can put a few coherent sentences together, but you could be his agent or one of his employees. His union negotiated the contract Jamal signed. Let Jamal take it up with them or be fined $40K a day if he holds out.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So youre down to making stuff up part of the discussion now?

Jamal chose to sit out against the Ravens on a Thursday night PRIME time game. This was his chance to show just how good he was.

But Lamar Jackson would have made him look silly on national TV, GW would have assigned JA to spy Lamar and keep him from shredding the Jets D and Jamal would have been exposed as a poser.

JA can talk the talk but when it comes down to it he can't walk the walk. That's why he wants the big contract NOW instead of proving it like all the other 3rd year players.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure, that's what Jamal and his personality says to you, that hes afraid of a running QB so he sat out that game?  He strikes you as a player who runs from a challenge?  Because you just felt like making up a story as ridiculous as some of the other Jamal stories here.

He also was afraid to play against the Dolphins a week later.  Fitz would have made him look silly too.

Any other stories you want to make up?  Because the faking an injury line of BS is sad on so many levels.

Get your facts straight. He sat out against the Dolphins and then he decided to sit out the next game - a Nationally televised game against the Ravens. But after a miraculous recovery the following game against the Steelers he had 8 tackles ( zero sacks and zero passes defended).

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I had to have more surgery.......................long story. 

Hang in there .... you don't want to miss Sam, Gase and JD lead the Jets to another SB victory.

Seriously - best wishes for a full recovery.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Why then did the ravens tag him and then sign judon?

weird, right?

even you don’t believe your own bs lol

Thanks for going on record that Adams is worth significantly more than a pro bowl pass rusher 

Might have to put that in my sig

Dude, I don't think that's what he's saying. If you think JA is worth as much as a pro bowl edge then please let me know where I can get some of that weed you're smoking😁.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Where is the precedent for this?  That isn't Maccagnan's MO.  He never extended anybody early, whether he wants them or not.  Maccagnan would let him play under the 5th year option.  Get the full cheap year out of him, then have him have a horrific injury in the final game.  Then when we assumed that would mean he would be discounted, he would be tagged and then given a giant deal. 

Defending Macc's MO after 5 years? Wow, that's a stretch. If there was an eff up move that could be made Macc would jump all over it.

Where's Macc working this season?

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe you need to re-read that post.  That is a defense?  It is exactly what he did with WIlkerson and it was unconscionable. 

Maybe I got it crossed up but in no way am I defending Macc. He pulled a golden horseshoe out of his butt when Sam fell to him at #3 overall after he traded three #2's to get to #3 overall before he knew Sam was going to be there. What that should have gotten him was in a position to take Rosen after the Browns picked Sam #1 and the Gint's took Baker at #2.

Side note - Gettlemen - how much did that generational RB improve the Gints record?

I hated the Mo WIlkerson pick and contract.

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Where are your facts?  I wrote the wrong sequence of games he missed and that's something you needed to point out as if makes a difference? Again, other that trying to make a totally made up situation off of an equally dumb post by @Jetsfan80?   When youre going to call out someone for gettin their facts straight, it shouldn't be to back a totally fabricated story based off of a trolls dumb theory. 

Your post stressed that he missed the Dolphins game AFTER he chose to sit out on the biggest stage - a Nationally televised game against the Ravens and Lamar Jackson. He played the week after and had 8 tackles.

I think you're accusing @Jetsfan80 of a post that I made saying Jamal chose to milk an injury and sit out  ducking Lamar Jackson so he wouldn't look bad.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No my post stressed that its disgusting to accuse a player of faking an injury, especially based on nothing more than you just blowing smole out of your ass.  I knew he missed those two games, why the F would I stress one before the other?  Youre really reaching now.  

That you thing Jamal was afraid of playing Jackson really makes you look dumb.  You do realize that

Your post said that he was so injured that he had to miss the Dolphins game after he sat out against Lamar on National TV. Plainly stating that he was so injured he had to miss the next game when in fact he played the game the next week after wussing out.

It was Jamal's big chance to show the entire NFL and the sports world just how good he is and he chose to sit out rather than be embarrassed by Lamar Jackson.

Are you says that a player has never sat out when they could have played. See John Abe in the playoffs.

Stop trying to spin your BS post. I don't have the time or desire to go back and find it. I'm done with this bullsh*t - blow it your ass.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company