BROOKLYN JET

Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

So how does the “we hate Jamal” crowd feel about a good team trading for him?

if a front office like the Ravens will pay him....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

That it's a bad move for the Ravens, but one that's specifically designed to exploit the likely, very small, window you have with Lamar Jackson before you decide what you want to do with him re: 2nd contract.  So, at least there's a train of logic to follow.

Sort of like the short window with Sam?

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Except...

One of these QBs puts up top 5 stats, while the other puts up bottom 5.

One of these QBs collects league MVP awards, while the other surely leads the league in excuses.

One of these QB’s season would be a disappointment without making a deep playoff run.  The other would be canonized if he goes 9-7 next year.

To be clear, there is no window with Sam Darnold.  Not yet, at least.

Him and Lamar were drafted the same year, same window of a rookie contract.

if the Ravens are smart to stack why aren’t the JETS? You have to build like your top QB will be good you can’t play scared

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's the thing.  He didn't say he wants to be traded.  He said something nice about the Ravens.

However, they hypocrisy is what jumped out at me.  Joe Douglas is supposed to slam the phone down when somebody says the words "Jamal Adams" on a private call, but it's okay for him to live stream a public conversation in which somebody is trying to convince him to play for a different team and he feels no urge to turn the phone off?

If one is bad then so is the other.  

Joe Douglas talked to someone that could actually trade for him. Jamal was on Instagram talking to a random retired player.

It’s not like Jamal was on a zoom call with Harbaugh

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

The reason to trade Jamal Adams is to build around Sam Darnold.

I’d be much happier with Becton/Lamb than Becton/Adams right now, and I’m certain Sam Darnold agrees.

Maybe in Madden but in real life WRs take 3 years to develop and IF they are good you would find out after Sams rookie deal.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Ravens went 14-2 last year.  So, no, not the same kind of window.  

They went 14-2 by being BOLD and stacking their team around an unknown QB

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Maybe 10 years ago. I guarantee that Lamb will not take 3 years to show he is capable of being a impactful WR. That is the dumbest sh*t I've read all day. The league changes, just last year Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Darius Slayton.....just to name a few.

Yeah Metcalf really brought the Seahawks to the next level... 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company