BROOKLYN JET

Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm not outright doubting you, but you're gonna have to name the other nine.

9. Tony Siragusa

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ECURB said:

So how does the “we hate Jamal” crowd feel about a good team trading for him?

if a front office like the Ravens will pay him....

Prediction: they won’t trade for, nor will they pay for, Jamal Adams

• Upvote 2

The Ravens starting strong safety is, from an athletic and statistical standpoint, the same player as Jamal Adams, and they just extended him for three years, $16 million. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Amazing fall from grace.  Wrote for a national paper, parlayed that into a number of TV shows, was the regular inside guy on Inside The NFL to a Twitter nobody

Jamal’s father is friends with Michael Irvin and Irvin is a mouthpiece for Jerry Jones, and Irvin has been running with Adams-to-the-Boys since last year. In fact, in October, Ryan Clark reported that Adams was excited about being a Cowboy, which Adams eventually admitted to in one of his self-victimization locker room press conferences.

Three things are going to be knowns: 1. The Cowboys have a massive hole at safety; 2. Jamal Adams would prefer to be a Cowboy; 3. Joe Douglas is under zero duress to extend Adams at all, much less to pay him a penny over what Eddie Jackson got. You don’t have to be an NFL Insider to conclude that there are no negotiations ongoing between the Jets and Adams, and that the Cowboys would be an interested party in any potential trade scenario. This idea that good ol’ loyal Jamal is happily waiting two years to get his Jets extension because he loves being a Jet so much is the height of fan fiction.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

More importantly, he got a $5MM SB this year and another $5MM fully guaranteed. We'd have to take him off their hands or they can't really extend Jamal; it'd hurt enough even with us taking another $5MM of Clark's guarantee off their hands.

I'll be surprised if this actually happens, because I don't see Balt coughing up enough picks for Douglss to save face, but never say never.

On the flip side, if it does, the Jets not only come out of this with high picks and cap relief, but they don't even create an immediate hole: they'd also get a 25 year-old SS at $2.5MM/yr guaranteed for the upcoming 2 seasons, followed by annual team options at $3MM/yr after that. 

I would imagine any Jamal-to-Baltimore deal ends up with Judon coming back this way. Not only because we have a need, but also because Baltimore (as they do) has a pack of replacements for him already on their roster. I’m not sure what the cap implications would be on a Judon-Clark-pick (2nd?) return, but I think that’d be a good deal for both clubs. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

So Jamal never actually said it?  Ryan Clark did?  

Oh, you guys.

When I found out that I was being shopped, and that I was on the verge of being traded, that was one of the teams that I told him (former Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark) I would love to go to, and it was to go to the Dallas Cowboys,” Adams told reporters from the Jets’ facility. “People got to understand, I’m born and raised in Dallas. I find out everything, every little thing you can think of. Michael Irvin is like my uncle. I find out everything. So, everybody is coming at me in certain ways to say I’m a liar about a lot of things or I’m not believing in something, that’s not true. I’m always going to shoot you straight. I’m never going to sugarcoat anything, but like I said, I told RC that that was definitely a spot that I would love to land.”

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I thought you guys were saying he just offered up he'd love to play in Dallas

Actually, it’s code. When he says Michael Irvin is his uncle and that he’s from DFW and that he grew up a Cowboys fan and when his personal friends say, “actually, Jamal wants to be a Cowboy,” what it secretly means is that Jamal wants to meet a nice girl from East Setauket and settle down in a nice enclave in Brick Township for the rest of his storied football career

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Never seen someone have this story so wrong lol. Did you just make up your own story? 

I am curious as to what the story is, SIR

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s already told. 
-Trade deadline approaches. Reports go out that Adams could be on the block and Jets are taking calls from teams. 
-Adams hears this, is baffled such a thing could happen because he’s black jesus and untouchable. And no such thing should happen. 
-Adams and Clark exchange texts, Adams saying if they’re gonna trade him, then Dallas is where he wants to be. 
-Adams gets all pissy at JD because he did his job of taking calls even though you don’t trade mr. untouchable. 
-And that’s basically it. 

Quite simple really. 

Word. Not sure how that differs from what 80 was saying, though(?)

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Anyone else find it interesting that nowhere in the article, other than the headline, doesnt say anything new about trade talks with the Ravens?  It’s just citing that same Myers article that already got 20 pages?

There were significantly fewer rumors surrounding the Maccagnan firing, which you and YA BOY @JiF, also thought wasn’t happening. Prepare to be tooled yet again

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It's there only reason for existence here. @JiF

farm animal eating GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If I'm the Broncos I'd rather re-sign Justin Simmons (11 INTs) at Eddie Jackson prices (or less) than trade draft capital to sign Jamal Adams at Jamal Adams prices.  

Simmons is currently going to be playing on the franchise tag, but that could change over the course of the season.

The weird thing with Jamal Adams is that you look around the league and realize that most teams already have decent safeties, and wouldn’t dream of coughing up significant coin or picks for one.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

edoecidkky when you D

This was my favorite member of Wutang

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

75 tackles, 7 pass def, 6.5 sacks, 16 Qb pressures, 13 QB hits, 2 ff, 10 tackles for loss in 14 games.

He doesnt help you win in this league.

Nope

Those would be marginal numbers for a linebacker. By comparison, let’s pick a random linebacker—say, Joe Schobert, whom the Browns allowed to walk. His stats from 2019:

133 tackles, 9 PD, 4 INT, 2 sacks, 2 FF, 7 TFL. 

He just signed with the Jaguars for ~$10 mil per, $21mm gtd. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than he doesnt play LB 

He actually does. And if you want to say that he’s a defensive back, then why are his PDs and INTs the same or worse as compared to other DBs when he’s supposed to be the best of those? Why does he produce the same numbers as Ha Ha Clinton Dix? 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, slats said:

What's going on with Kittle is what I don't want to get involved with when it comes to Adams' contract: 

49ers, George Kittle not close to new contract

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 30, 2020, 4:49 AM EDT

San Francisco tight end George Kittle is heading into the final year of his rookie contract, and he and the 49ers are far apart in negotiations for a new deal.

Kittle’s agent, Jack Bechta, told Mike Silver of NFL Media that the two sides are not close. Kittle’s camp is looking for a deal that will pay him like an elite left tackle or wide receiver, not a tight end.

I don’t care about the tight end market, I’m being paid to do a George Kittle deal,” Bechta told Silver.

The difference in paying Kittle like a tight end compared to paying him like a left tackle or wide receiver is huge. Cleveland’s Austin Hooper has the league’s top tight end contract, at four years and $42 million with $23 million guaranteed. Houston left tackle Laremy Tunsil got three years, $66 million and $50 million guaranteed this year, while Atlanta wide receiver Julio Jones got three years, $66 million and $64 million guaranteed last year.

San Francisco General Manager John Lynch has insisted that Kittle will be a 49er for a long time. To make that happen, he’s going to have to show Kittle the money.

If Adams wants to be paid like a top Edge or CB, he can take a hike. If the Jets can get something for him before that in a trade, they should take it. 

On the other hand, even with the money being the same, you couldn’t trade San Fran two Jamal Adams and get George Kittle in return

• Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats what you want to call it, that's fine, its just not WLB.  

And GW doesn't call him a WLB either

No matter how many times you say it.  Hes a SS.  Why you think calling him a WLB is derogatory, takes away from what he does or changes the fact that hes a dynamic player who is a key element to GW defense is the question.  First he was a box safety now hes a WLB.  Funny

So at which position is 61 tackles, 1 INT, and 6.5 sacks considered “elite”? 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what youre saying is theyre just saying hes a WLB, not just a LB but a weak side LB why?  Because its another position they ac totally believe adds nothing to a D, we really only need to deploy 9 or fewer players, SS is useless, WLB is useless. 

They dont even know what a SS is, you want to give them credit for the WLB line? 

It’s because he puta up the numbers of a marginal WLB and every time you see him more than ten yards off the lone of scrimmage, it usually results in something really depressing happening for the Jets. Adams fans should want to avoid comparing him to professional defensive backs.

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

The same Dudes been going hard for 3 years trying to make everyone believe Jamal is bad player.. 3 time all pro coming up 

Wow who is he going to beat out for such an honor? Patrick Chung?

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Shocker you deflect to a joke. Probably for best when your predictions like he would never be a top 15 safety in nfl hasn’t aged well. 

When did I predict that?

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

After his first year . But we could easily bring up all of your comments from time he was drafted If you would like .

Go for it.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

So what pro bowl player would you accept from the ravens in return?

please don’t embarrass yourself and suggest a 2021 draft pick from a team picking 30th

“Don’t embarrass yourself,” says the guy who thinks we should trade Adams for Marshal Yanda.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Anyone want to make a fair offer for a 1sr team all pro , top 30 player in the league , plays 5 positions that is entering the prime of his career, healthy, never in trouble, you control him for 2 years but talks sh*t on Twitter? 

The same guy the Cowboys won’t and wouldn’t give you a measly first and third for? That same guy?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

A "measly first and a third" from a team that expects to be a playoff team (with correspondingly lower picks in each round)

The Cowboys instead opted to stick with the immortal Jeff Heath at strong safety last season.

52 minutes ago, Larz said:

What’s the offer Tom?

corner?

left tackle?

long snapper?

Larz the ravens had the third ranked defense last year. They don’t want or need Jamal Adams. Most teams already have a strong safety that can tackle running backs. 

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Are you really to cowardly to put forth a fair offer?

what are you afraid of?

last chance 

OK, I shall bite. If I was the Ravens and I was 1. Able to cut Earl Thomas without penalty and 2. Had a fugue and forgot I was a well-run team that doesn’t need a douche safety, I would offer the Jets Matt Judon and a second round pick. If I was Joe Douglas and I wanted to excise my team of a malcontent player who’s never come close to winning anything in his life, I’d take that deal if the Ravens also threw in another conditional pick based on whether or not they actually re-sign Adams. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, slats said:

It's going to be interesting to see how Jamal Adams is deployed this year if/when he's not traded before the season. They'll have Mosley back. They added a true FS in Davis, and a couple pass rushers in Zuniga and Huff. Will they need him at the LoS as much with Mosley and Zuniga? Will they use him there more because they have Davis in center field? 

I'm thinking that he's probably not going to get another 6.5 sacks this year. That if he really is good in coverage, he'll be used to lock down the TE or RB any given week, primarily. Adams vs. George Kittle will be a fun matchup for this board. 

According to Pro-football-reference, Gregg Williams blitzed Adams an astonishing 90 times last year. By contrast, Jordan Jenkins was only sent on a blitz 58 times.

• Like 1

Just now, slats said:

That doesn't seem sustainable to me. 

The Jets' third round gives them both the freedom to use him more at the LoS (Davis), and in coverage (Zuniga). I'm genuinely interested to see how he's deployed this year. 

The other interesting guy is Owuasor, who was a college strong safety. The Jets definitely have bodies on the roster who could offset the loss of Adams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Judon has agreed to a one-year contract with a guaranteed salary of $16.808 million, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. The number they arrived at is the average of the $15.828 million franchise tag for linebackers and the $17.788 million franchise tag for defensive ends.

so if you don’t resign judon to a mega deal you wind up with the 60th pick in 2021

brilliant

I would rather give $17 mil per to a proven pass rushing edge player than a strong safety with no ball production. This is true

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Then why trade judon and 2 picks for Adams?

As I said early on, Baltimore isn’t trading for Jamal Adams. The Cowboys are the only team dumb enough to do something like that

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Get your facts straight. He sat out against the Dolphins and then he decided to sit out the next game - a Nationally televised game against the Ravens. But after a miraculous recovery the following game against the Steelers he had 8 tackles ( zero sacks and zero passes defended).

Should also be noted that the Jets held the Dolphins without a TD after getting torched in their first game, and the Ravens loss was arguably the most cohesive, highest intensity game the Jets played all year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company