Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than he doesnt play LB 

He actually does. And if you want to say that he’s a defensive back, then why are his PDs and INTs the same or worse as compared to other DBs when he’s supposed to be the best of those? Why does he produce the same numbers as Ha Ha Clinton Dix? 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
  • Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen, you guys can an argue about Adams value as a player until the cows come home... but, it’s irrelevant. He wants out. He showed up in this market, began his self-promoting, while simultaneo

Also, any team that would give up that price for Jamal is insane, but that’s his worth. The jets will not get enough value for him. They should just make him play and revisit next year. You don’t take

Adams is a me-first player who's unlikely to ever be satisfied with his contract. He's looking for preferential treatment now, just three years in the league, and he'll always be looking for preferent

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Tillman was an excellent player.

No, I'm not arguing anything really. I'm simply pointing out that stats without context are a form of dishonest debate. 

Agree, but really my point to Beer was he adds to a D.  You can debate the worth of a S all day but to say he adds nothing to this defense is plain dumb. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He actually does. And if you want to say that he’s a defensive back, then why are his PDs and INTs the same or worse as compared to other DBs when he’s supposed to be the best of those? Why does he produce the same numbers as Ha Ha Clinton Dix? 

He actually does not play LB.  

Hes a strong S.  When people get how and where SSs play theyll make for better debates on pass defense etc.

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, slats said:

What's going on with Kittle is what I don't want to get involved with when it comes to Adams' contract: 

49ers, George Kittle not close to new contract

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 30, 2020, 4:49 AM EDT

San Francisco tight end George Kittle is heading into the final year of his rookie contract, and he and the 49ers are far apart in negotiations for a new deal.

Kittle’s agent, Jack Bechta, told Mike Silver of NFL Media that the two sides are not close. Kittle’s camp is looking for a deal that will pay him like an elite left tackle or wide receiver, not a tight end.

I don’t care about the tight end market, I’m being paid to do a George Kittle deal,” Bechta told Silver.

The difference in paying Kittle like a tight end compared to paying him like a left tackle or wide receiver is huge. Cleveland’s Austin Hooper has the league’s top tight end contract, at four years and $42 million with $23 million guaranteed. Houston left tackle Laremy Tunsil got three years, $66 million and $50 million guaranteed this year, while Atlanta wide receiver Julio Jones got three years, $66 million and $64 million guaranteed last year.

San Francisco General Manager John Lynch has insisted that Kittle will be a 49er for a long time. To make that happen, he’s going to have to show Kittle the money.

If Adams wants to be paid like a top Edge or CB, he can take a hike. If the Jets can get something for him before that in a trade, they should take it. 

On the other hand, even with the money being the same, you couldn’t trade San Fran two Jamal Adams and get George Kittle in return

• Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah and that's also wrong.

I KNOW HE DOESN'T PLAY LBER. But he is a SS that is used like one, primarily playing around the LoS. That's why he racks up TFL's, Tackles, and Sacks, and not Interceptions, and PD's. Compound that with the lack of an edge rusher on this team and Jamal was used as a blitzer probably the most in the NFL, i would think. The way Jamal was used in 2019 is not how a typical SS plays.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

HE DOES EVERYTHING BRO SHUT UP
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

My brother's best friend's cousin said the Vikings are in trade discussions for Jamal. 

Why don't they already have Harrison Smith and Anthony Harris? This would make little sense for them but whatever.

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree, but really my point to Beer was he adds to a D.  You can debate the worth of a S all day but to say he adds nothing to this defense is plain dumb. 

That’s fine. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He plays WLB more often than SS in GW’s system. So clearly he disagrees with that assessment.

Thats what you want to call it, that's fine, its just not WLB.  

And GW doesn't call him a WLB either

No matter how many times you say it.  Hes a SS.  Why you think calling him a WLB is derogatory, takes away from what he does or changes the fact that hes a dynamic player who is a key element to GW's defense is the question.  First he was a box safety now hes a WLB.  Funny, what can you make up next?

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats what you want to call it, that's fine, its just not WLB.  

And GW doesn't call him a WLB either

No matter how many times you say it.  Hes a SS.  Why you think calling him a WLB is derogatory, takes away from what he does or changes the fact that hes a dynamic player who is a key element to GW defense is the question.  First he was a box safety now hes a WLB.  Funny

So at which position is 61 tackles, 1 INT, and 6.5 sacks considered “elite”? 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So at which position is 61 tackles, 1 INT, and 6.5 sacks considered “elite”? 

His.

See the All Pro, Pro Bowl videos.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Isn’t that called a Dental Dam?

i thought after i coulda done better,                          a brag to boast safety? 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So youre down to making stuff up part of the discussion now?

Jamal chose to sit out against the Ravens on a Thursday night PRIME time game. This was his chance to show just how good he was.

But Lamar Jackson would have made him look silly on national TV, GW would have assigned JA to spy Lamar and keep him from shredding the Jets D and Jamal would have been exposed as a poser.

JA can talk the talk but when it comes down to it he can't walk the walk. That's why he wants the big contract NOW instead of proving it like all the other 3rd year players.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He actually does not play LB.  

Hes a strong S.  When people get how and where SSs play theyll make for better debates on pass defense etc.

They know he doesn’t play LB.... It’s not a debate about facts, but value. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

i thought after i coulda done better,                          a brag to boast safety? 

even better,

not a SAFETY

a LIFE BOAST?

10 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Jamal chose to sit out against the Ravens on a Thursday night PRIME time game. This was his chance to show just how good he was.

But Lamar Jackson would have made him look silly on national TV, GW would have assigned JA to spy Lamar and keep him from shredding the Jets D and Jamal would have been exposed as a poser.

JA can talk the talk but when it comes down to it he can't walk the walk. That's why he wants the big contract NOW instead of proving it like all the other 3rd year players.

Sure, that's what Jamal and his personality says to you, that hes afraid of a running QB so he sat out that game?  He strikes you as a player who runs from a challenge?  Because you just felt like making up a story as ridiculous as some of the other Jamal stories here.

He also was afraid to play against the Dolphins a week later.  Fitz would have made him look silly too.

Any other stories you want to make up?  Because the faking an injury line of BS is sad on so many levels.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Vader said:

They know he doesn’t play LB.... It’s not a debate about facts, but value. 

So what youre saying is theyre just saying hes a WLB, not just a LB but a weak side LB why?  Because its another position they ac totally believe adds nothing to a D, we really only need to deploy 9 or fewer players, SS is useless, WLB is useless. 

They dont even know what a SS is, you want to give them credit for the WLB line? 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what youre saying is theyre just saying hes a WLB, not just a LB but a weak side LB why?  Because its another position they ac totally believe adds nothing to a D, we really only need to deploy 9 or fewer players, SS is useless, WLB is useless. 

They dont even know what a SS is, you want to give them credit for the WLB line? 

It’s because he puta up the numbers of a marginal WLB and every time you see him more than ten yards off the lone of scrimmage, it usually results in something really depressing happening for the Jets. Adams fans should want to avoid comparing him to professional defensive backs.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because he puta up the numbers of a marginal WLB and every time you see him more than ten yards off the lone of scrimmage, it usually results in something really depressing happening for the Jets. Adams fans should want to avoid comparing him to professional defensive backs.

Jamaal Adams has become the purpose in your life! 
purpose GIF by chuber channel

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

The same Dudes been going hard for 3 years trying to make everyone believe Jamal is bad player.. 3 time all pro coming up 

Wow who is he going to beat out for such an honor? Patrick Chung?

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow who is he going to beat out for such an honor? Patrick Chung?

Shocker you deflect to a joke. Probably for best when your predictions like he would never be a top 15 safety in nfl hasn’t aged well. 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Shocker you deflect to a joke. Probably for best when your predictions like he would never be a top 15 safety in nfl hasn’t aged well. 

When did I predict that?

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

After his first year . But we could easily bring up all of your comments from time he was drafted If you would like .

Go for it.