Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

1 minute ago, Larz said:

So what pro bowl player would you accept from the ravens in return?

please don’t embarrass yourself and suggest a 2021 draft pick from a team picking 30th

“Don’t embarrass yourself,” says the guy who thinks we should trade Adams for Marshal Yanda.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Don’t embarrass yourself,” says the guy who thinks we should trade Adams for Marshal Yanda.

Ok wise one name the player 

hey at least I took Jackson, Ingram and Thomas off the list 

geez

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because he puta up the numbers of a marginal WLB and every time you see him more than ten yards off the lone of scrimmage, it usually results in something really depressing happening for the Jets. Adams fans should want to avoid comparing him to professional defensive backs.

Yeah, depressing because they had the 17th ranked pass defense and the 7th overall defense without any CBs that were worth a damn.  Lets blame Adams for his play as an imaginary WLB.  Take away great numbers that made hit a top SS to a marginal WLB.  

Hes the best player on this defense, hes GWs best player & best weapon that can be used in a variety of different ways, most ways lost on too many here.

• Upvote 1

Anyone want to make a fair offer for a 1sr team all pro , top 30 player in the league , plays 5 positions that is entering the prime of his career, healthy, never in trouble, you control him for 2 years but talks sh*t on Twitter? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Anyone want to make a fair offer for a 1sr team all pro , top 30 player in the league , plays 5 positions that is entering the prime of his career, healthy, never in trouble, you control him for 2 years but talks sh*t on Twitter? 

The same guy the Cowboys won’t and wouldn’t give you a measly first and third for? That same guy?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Jamal chose to sit out against the Ravens on a Thursday night PRIME time game. This was his chance to show just how good he was.

But Lamar Jackson would have made him look silly on national TV, GW would have assigned JA to spy Lamar and keep him from shredding the Jets D and Jamal would have been exposed as a poser.

JA can talk the talk but when it comes down to it he can't walk the walk. That's why he wants the big contract NOW instead of proving it like all the other 3rd year players.

This post isn't bad, it's epically bad.

Not only is it ridiculous, but you took one of 80's nonsensical premises ( Jamal feigning injury) and ran with it as if it were fact.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The same guy the Cowboys won’t and wouldn’t give you a measly first and third for? That same guy?

A "measly first and a third" from a team that expects to be a playoff team (with correspondingly lower picks in each round)

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

A "measly first and a third" from a team that expects to be a playoff team (with correspondingly lower picks in each round)

The Cowboys instead opted to stick with the immortal Jeff Heath at strong safety last season.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure, that's what Jamal and his personality says to you, that hes afraid of a running QB so he sat out that game?  He strikes you as a player who runs from a challenge?  Because you just felt like making up a story as ridiculous as some of the other Jamal stories here.

He also was afraid to play against the Dolphins a week later.  Fitz would have made him look silly too.

Any other stories you want to make up?  Because the faking an injury line of BS is sad on so many levels.

Sometimes its best just to look away Nut. Why would you even try to make sense of, or argue with logic like that?

This guy took one of @Jetsfan80s off the wall Adams scenarios (the one where he said Jamal feigned an injury because of his contract) and used it as the basis of his argument as if it were fact. That's on him, not 80. No one should ever take 80 seriously when he's talking about Adams, unless they hate Adams the person rather than the player.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Larz said:

What’s the offer Tom?

corner?

left tackle?

long snapper?

Larz the ravens had the third ranked defense last year. They don’t want or need Jamal Adams. Most teams already have a strong safety that can tackle running backs. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Larz the ravens had the third ranked defense last year. They don’t want or need Jamal Adams. Most teams already have a strong safety that can tackle running backs. 

Are you really to cowardly to put forth a fair offer?

what are you afraid of?

last chance 

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, depressing because they had the 17th ranked pass defense and the 7th overall defense without any CBs that were worth a damn.  Lets blame Adams for his play as an imaginary WLB.  Take away great numbers that made hit a top SS to a marginal WLB.  

Hes the best players on this defense, hes GWs best player, best weapon that can be used in a variety of different ways, most ways lost on too many here.

It's going to be interesting to see how Jamal Adams is deployed this year if/when he's not traded before the season. They'll have Mosley back. They added a true FS in Davis, and a couple pass rushers in Zuniga and Huff. Will they need him at the LoS as much with Mosley and Zuniga? Will they use him there more because they have Davis in center field? 

I'm thinking that he's probably not going to get another 6.5 sacks this year. That if he really is good in coverage, he'll be used to lock down the TE or RB any given week, primarily. Adams vs. George Kittle will be a fun matchup for this board. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Are you really to cowardly to put forth a fair offer?

what are you afraid of?

last chance 

OK, I shall bite. If I was the Ravens and I was 1. Able to cut Earl Thomas without penalty and 2. Had a fugue and forgot I was a well-run team that doesn’t need a douche safety, I would offer the Jets Matt Judon and a second round pick. If I was Joe Douglas and I wanted to excise my team of a malcontent player who’s never come close to winning anything in his life, I’d take that deal if the Ravens also threw in another conditional pick based on whether or not they actually re-sign Adams. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, slats said:

It's going to be interesting to see how Jamal Adams is deployed this year if/when he's not traded before the season. They'll have Mosley back. They added a true FS in Davis, and a couple pass rushers in Zuniga and Huff. Will they need him at the LoS as much with Mosley and Zuniga? Will they use him there more because they have Davis in center field? 

I'm thinking that he's probably not going to get another 6.5 sacks this year. That if he really is good in coverage, he'll be used to lock down the TE or RB any given week, primarily. Adams vs. George Kittle will be a fun matchup for this board. 

According to Pro-football-reference, Gregg Williams blitzed Adams an astonishing 90 times last year. By contrast, Jordan Jenkins was only sent on a blitz 58 times.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

According to Pro-football-reference, Gregg Williams blitzed Adams an astonishing 90 times last year. By contrast, Jordan Jenkins was only sent on a blitz 58 times.

That doesn't seem sustainable to me. 

The Jets' third round gives them both the freedom to use him more at the LoS (Davis), and in coverage (Zuniga). I'm genuinely interested to see how he's deployed this year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, slats said:

The Jets' third round gives them both the freedom to use him more at the LoS (Davis), and in coverage (Zuniga). I'm genuinely interested to see how he's deployed this year. 

The other interesting guy is Owuasor, who was a college strong safety. The Jets definitely have bodies on the roster who could offset the loss of Adams. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OK, I shall bite. If I was the Ravens and I was 1. Able to cut Earl Thomas without penalty and 2. Had a fugue and forgot I was a well-run team that doesn’t need a douche safety, I would offer the Jets Matt Judon and a second round pick. If I was Joe Douglas and I wanted to excise my team of a malcontent player who’s never come close to winning anything in his life, I’d take that deal if the Ravens also threw in another conditional pick based on whether or not they actually re-sign Adams. 

Judon has agreed to a one-year contract with a guaranteed salary of $16.808 million, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. The number they arrived at is the average of the $15.828 million franchise tag for linebackers and the $17.788 million franchise tag for defensive ends.

so if you don’t resign judon to a mega deal you wind up with the 60th pick in 2021

brilliant

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Judon has agreed to a one-year contract with a guaranteed salary of $16.808 million, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. The number they arrived at is the average of the $15.828 million franchise tag for linebackers and the $17.788 million franchise tag for defensive ends.

so if you don’t resign judon to a mega deal you wind up with the 60th pick in 2021

brilliant

I would rather give $17 mil per to a proven pass rushing edge player than a strong safety with no ball production. This is true

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

brilliant

You don't make that trade without coming to terms with Judon first. 

Personally, I'd rather get Gallup from Dallas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sometimes its best just to look away Nut. Why would you even try to make sense of, or argue with logic like that?

This guy took one of @Jetsfan80s of the wall Adams scenarios (the one where he said Jamal feigned an injury because of his contract) and used it as the basis of his argument as if it were fact. That's on him, not 80. No one should ever take 80 seriously when he's talking about Adams, unless they hate Adams the person rather than the player.

Thanks, I missed the 80 post that went awry with the Jamal accusation that led to this lunacy 

52 minutes ago, slats said:

I agree, he shouldn't have to be taken out of coverage to generate a rush with the additions theyve made and with Mosely back 

Should allow GW to unleash Adams in lots of different areas, I think we could see some interesting coverages but also blitz packages. 

Honest question to whomever cares to answer:

Does anyone think that if the Adams played in  a more traditional SS role in a defense that relies heavily on Zone coverage, whether it be Tampa 2,  Cover 3 or Quarters, he would still have issues raising his interception totals to that 4-5 a year range that appears to be an acceptable level?

Or another way to look at it, is it a lack of ball skills and instinct that causes those numbers?  Or the role he's deployed in?

37 minutes ago, slats said:

It isn't. And once Moseley got hurt, was the option Williams choose to generate a semblance of a pass rush. Wren;t getting it anyplace else. Also reminds you picking the NotAaronDonald Q over Josh Allen was idiocy. If they can figure out how to do better this season, Adams might get  chance to show he can do other things. 

Again; the Ravens employed and probably still think well of Douglas. You don't insult a guy who came up through your organization because there may be a day you need a favor or want to make a deal. They were the 3rd ranked defense, and figure to very soon spend a huge chunk of cap cash on Lamar Jackson (much as the Cowboys will on Dak Prescott). They don't need Adams, and spending that big a chunk of cap on a safety is nuts.

The Jets control him for 3 seasons even if they franchise him, which is not a bad deal for any player. And if he holds out he puts himself in a worse position. In short this is being generated by his agent. There is no other explanation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Honest question to whomever cares to answer:

Does anyone think that if the Adams played in  a more traditional SS role in a defense that relies heavily on Zone coverage, whether it be Tampa 2,  Cover 3 or Quarters, he would still have issues raising his interception totals to that 4-5 a year range that appears to be an acceptable level?

Or another way to look at it, is it a lack of ball skills and instinct that causes those numbers?  Or the role he's deployed in?

Both. His role limits his pass defense production, and also his ball skills and athleticism are limited. I can remember at least 4-5 times over the past 2 seasons where Adams jumped a route and had a pass bounce of his hands, or just simply dropped it. I was only paying attention to those things, because I was worried Adams was never going to be a ball hawking SS. Looks to be the case.

• Sympathy 1