Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh dear yet more ADS (Adams Derangement Syndrome) threads.

God forbid we don’t run our best players out of town because they have a personality. 

It's one thing to have a personality, and another to be a complete selfish moron. Did he not learn how to conduct contract negotiations from Mevis... I get he wants to be paid, but first off you have to honor your first contract no matter how good you might think you are. That should have been his first thought if he wanted to be endeared by the fans. That would have shown true leadership and maturity. How do you think most JET fans feel about Revis now ?   I for one used to be one of his biggest fans until he played Mevis... I got this tip from an old VP I used to work for, and believe me he was never one of my favorite people, until I saw most of the things he told me work out better for me. He once said in one of my performance interviews that I was a superb worker, but asked me how many times each year I was going to ask for more money. Well after a while I stopped asking. That's when I started to get recognized and paid better. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In todays world of social media, it's  not possible for fans to look the other way but the Jets should fine him for this. 

Yeah but he deserves to go to a team with fans that appreciate his ability to play football and ignore the fact he’s a self absorbed douche. Fans fault. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If the Jets have him under contract, is he allowed to make videos like this?

I don't see why not.  He's not saying he wants to go somewhere, he's just paying them a compliment.  

Edited by AFJF

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but he deserves to go to a team with fans that appreciate his ability to play football and ignore the fact he’s a self absorbed douche. Fans fault. 

<pondering the mechanics of self absorbing douches>

• Haha 1

The Jets are not conducting a campaign in the media.  The other side seem to be doing just that.  Well that is the prerogative of the Adams side to let the world know just how upset he is and how disrespected he feels.

The problem for him is that his market is the other 31 teams and they are all going to be looking at this an asking themselves, "do I really want to give up north of one first rounder and then follow up with a new world record contract for a safety if this guy could still go scorched earth on us next?"

Ultimately he is killing his own market.

Pretty soon all 32 will come to the conclusion that Adams the player is simply not worth the risk at that price.  Maybe we are there already and if you think his pouting is bad now, just wait until the entire league "disrespects" him.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s all the fans fault. 

Like all the times I've heard "This team sucks because of the fans".  LOL  

Right, because we're the ones making the moves.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think the fans deserves a guy that shuts up and plays football. The business aspect should be handheld by the front office and the players agent. Adams  is the one making everything more public than it should be, but yes it’s the fans fault for reacting to it. That’s utter nonsense.,

right.  enough with the adams drama.  he needs to get out there and play and that's the only thing he should be judged by.  and he should also be a team captain and join all of the team workouts.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ECURB said:

So how does the “we hate Jamal” crowd feel about a good team trading for him?

if a front office like the Ravens will pay him....

Good teams are the only ones who would get any benefit from a luxury piece like a high priced safety, as everyone has been saying all along.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No matter where he goes, there will be fans that focus on his play, and fans that focus on his mouth. The problem on this board is that it is all anyone wants to talk about.  The slights murmur and someone starts a new thread. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I don't see why not.  He's not saying he wants to go somewhere, he's just paying them a compliment.  

Seriously? It is all over twitter which if you agree or not is a more powerful platform than TV that he wants to be traded. You don't  think given that that what he said inflames the situation or hurts the Jets bargaining  position. If I was JD I would be knocking on his door telling him to STFU.

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No matter where he goes, there will be fans that focus on his play, and fans that focus on his mouth. The problem on this board is that it is all anyone wants to talk about.  The slights murmur and someone starts a new thread. 

Mostly because he talks more than he plays. 

• Upvote 1

Understanding issues is not what this society does but Breer brings up 
legit reasons for delays in contract extensions.  If players truly believe
that contract negotiations are just "business" then they have to consider
the business environment:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/25/veteran-contracts-jalen-hurts-russell-wilson

• I would expect teams to be cautious in doing long-term deals with star players in the coming months, especially in situations where those teams have the flexibility to wait. The reason? If there’s a revenue shortfall this year, and the cap equation spits out a number lower than the $198.2 million figure in place from 2021, it’s pretty unlikely that the league and union will leave that as is. The potential bloodletting of pricey vets and tightened purse strings otherwise would create a one-year free-for-all. More likely would be negotiating a deal where the league would borrow cap dollars from future years, which could lead to multiple years of a flat cap (probably at least until the new TV money kicks in). For now, no one’s sure if it’ll come to that. But teams at least have to be prepared for the idea it could happen, which will lead at some teams to be conservative with their spending. And that’s without even considering that the threat of a revenue shortfall might make teams more conscious of their cap spending too.

• Who will that affect? Probably not Patrick Mahomes. But young non-quarterbacks could find the financial going a little tougher over the next couple months, and it could make things rather interesting with young stars like Chargers DE Joey Bosa, Jets S Jamal Adams, and 49ers TE George Kittle, all of whom will likely seek to set new standards at their positions.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

That it's a bad move for the Ravens, but one that's specifically designed to exploit the likely, very small, window you have with Lamar Jackson before you decide what you want to do with him re: 2nd contract.  So, at least there's a train of logic to follow.

Sort of like the short window with Sam?

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Adams would be about the 10th most important player on Baltimore.  There is zero chance anyone is giving us two 1st for him.

Yes Fish that is exactly my point. An all world run stopping safety always should be your thirdish best player on a SB caliber team (10??? We both know that’s hyperbolic :). but as stated b4 that’s the kind of addition that can take the ravens over the top. A run stopping safety as amazing as he is isn’t taking a team totally devoid of talent anywhere, but he can take a really good team over the top. That’s why I would be ok with trading him in our situation for the right price which imo is at least 2 #1s, and I agree with you that he would never get that so it is what is, he plays this year, hopefully (not likely) gets some thicker skin, and signs a nice long term deal here. If not he walks and that’s ok too!

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

This makes no sense.

Haha I reread what I initially wrote and if you read that at face value yes I agree with you that it makes little sense, but I think we know what I mean. He’s amazing run stopping safety. His talent is worth two number 1s but in today’s nfl he wouldn’t fetch that return. 

Because the Jets have sucked for so long, when they get lucky and hit on a pick, that player always feels like they have leverage with the fans.  Until Joe D can show skill at drafting replacements that come at a fraction of the cost, star players like Adams will continue to chirp...

Idk, I'm out of touch with this social media stuff so call me crazy but I have no idea what there is to be upset about here.  It's May, he's doing some type of thingy everyone does now on video during a stay at home order and his homeboy was like, yo!  The Ravens rumor!  And Jamal was like, yo!  It's all about D in Balt and that's rare.  They got a good coach.  

So, like, what's the harm?  It's not like Jamal started the rumor, he's just talking about it and it's not like he said anything about playing for the Ravens, simply, they got a good coah and they're all about D. 

The real question is?  Who is more dramatic about this situation?  Jamal or Jets fans?  I know the answer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I think the fans deserves a guy that shuts up and plays football. The business aspect should be handheld by the front office and the players agent. Adams  is the one making everything more public than it should be, but yes it’s the fans fault for reacting to it. That’s utter nonsense.,

Jets fans have been attacking adams since the day he was drafted so spare me the nonsense.

"Shut and play ball"

Hmmm. Where have I heard that phrasing used before.

42 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Good teams are the only ones who would get any benefit from a luxury piece like a high priced safety, as everyone has been saying all along.

Nope. Teams that are already good, on the backs of repeatedly drafting well, coaching up those cheap draft picks well, and being choosy about the veterans they sign or let go -- they're in the same situations as teams that haven't done so. 2+2=5

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously? It is all over twitter which if you agree or not is a more powerful platform than TV that he wants to be traded. You don't  think given that that what he said inflames the situation or hurts the Jets bargaining  position. If I was JD I would be knocking on his door telling him to STFU.

That's the thing.  He didn't say he wants to be traded.  He said something nice about the Ravens.

However, they hypocrisy is what jumped out at me.  Joe Douglas is supposed to slam the phone down when somebody says the words "Jamal Adams" on a private call, but it's okay for him to live stream a public conversation in which somebody is trying to convince him to play for a different team and he feels no urge to turn the phone off?

If one is bad then so is the other.  

• Upvote 1