Report: Ravens in trade discussions for Jamal Adams

Anyone else find it interesting that nowhere in the article, other than the headline, doesnt say anything new about trade talks with the Ravens?  It’s just citing that same Myers article that already got 20 pages?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

how bout extraploating tthe middle three losses to pats and jax and dolphins?

ouch.

homers dont like that

hmmmmmm is analyzing an obvious out of character 3 game stretch better than analyzing an 8 game stretch?

lol - the answer depends on your agenda otherwise, it's an not a really a question. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Anyone else find it interesting that nowhere in the article, other than the headline, doesnt say anything new about trade talks with the Ravens?  It’s just citing that same Myers article that already got 20 pages?

Yes, I find the drama queens who show out for every Jamal Adams thread to be very amusing.  The lengths they go to support the agenda is incredible.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually to be accurate, you posted that Jamal has been accused of being self centered whatever and I said by who and asked for the link.. You came back with that's what fans said and something about being an idiot for not being able to read what was clearly in your said in your post when clearly did not.  I quoted the post that did not clearly say that.  I said that if that's what you meant, fine, it didnt come across that way, dont get dickish about it.  

So F off with the extend baby tirade, the childish  explanations, accusations.etc. You've managed, as usual, to turn a simple response that should have ended more than a few posts ago into a major issue

im the one who argues. 

Actually, actually, actually...

zen GIF

Yo. Take a breath. Stop deflecting and enjoy your Wednesday, if that’s what day this is.

• Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes, I find the drama queens who show out for every Jamal Adams thread to be very amusing.  The lengths they go to support the agenda is incredible.  

Wait, are you calling people drama queens? 

I See You Reaction GIF by swerk

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There were significantly fewer rumors surrounding the Maccagnan firing, which you and YA BOY @JiF, also thought wasn’t happening. Prepare to be tooled yet again

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There were significantly fewer rumors surrounding the Maccagnan firing, which you and YA BOY @JiF, also thought wasn’t happening. Prepare to be tooled yet again

This is true, I thought the Mac firing rumors were too good to be true.  That said, Jamal aint going nowhere. 

I don't know what to think anymore. 

There is so much smoke that there has to be some fire burning somewhere.  And it seems to make sense that Jamal and his agents want the extension now, for the same reasons the Jets would not want to do it.  Uncertainty over the cap next year.  If it may go down, if I am Jamal, I want my extension done now.  And if Jets won't do it, then I get wanting a trade to a team that might.  If I am the Jets, I want to know what cap situation looks like next year before doing any big $$$ extensions.

As of now, I am pretty sure the only 1st rounder from the 2017 draft class to be extended is McCaffrey.  Will be interesting to see how all this plays out, not only with Jamal, but other members of that draft class as well.  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

There is so much smoke that there has to be some fire burning somewhere.  And it seems to make sense that Jamal and his agents want the extension now, for the same reasons the Jets would not want to do it.  Uncertainty over the cap next year.  If it may go down, if I am Jamal, I want my extension done now.  And if Jets won't do it, then I get wanting a trade to a team that might.  If I am the Jets, I want to know what cap situation looks like next year before doing any big $$$ extensions.

As of now, I am pretty sure the only 1st rounder from the 2017 draft class to be extended is McCaffrey.  Will be interesting to see how all this plays out, not only with Jamal, but other members of that draft class as well.  

There’s little downside from Jamal’s perspective to being traded. He’s achieved the desired visability from this market and now he wants to go play for a contender and get paid to do so. On paper he checks all the right boxes, is in great shape and young. Someone will bite.  

Meanwhile, Ashtyn is patiently running laps getting ready. 

Nothing gets a defense fired up like good safety play. This will be JD’s maestro move to date. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

And are just hell bent on repeating the same old arguments as if they've uncovered something new.  

How many times can you say things like Jamal plays the weak side?  A SS plays on the strong side?  Jamal never plays in coverage.  And any other comment that makes some of us laugh

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

I dont blame Jamal Adams for wanting a new contract and wanting it now.  IMO he's out played his contract already and it's not right that guys like Brian Winters 4mil more next year to more than likely be a back up.  He's what, the 12th highest paid player on the team and he's the best.  And like you said, it's probably better to get it now vs. what the unknown may bring.   

JD is right by holding tight to see what happens and not resigning him right this second.  Which is why I'm calling b.s. on all of it, honestly.  No way the Ravens are going to trade and sign for Jamal with all the uncertainty and the league MVP coming up on a next contract within the next 2 seasons.  I dont see anyone doing it. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Vader said:

No one is going to change your mind but extrapolating Darnold’s last 8 games he would have been

4000 yards/61.4%/30 total tds/8 INTs 

Jets had a 6-2 record. 

The window is not not open...

The schedule will be much, much tougher this year.

Even if Darnold has a monster season this isn't a SB contender.    The Ravens are.  That's the difference.  Even Douglas knows this is about a 6-8 win team this year.

4 hours ago, Lizard King said:

JD, mini architect of the Eagles super bowl, vs Baltimore, no stranger to dominant safety play. Interesting to watch at least. 

Hopefully the Ashtyn Davis pick will work out so that maybe we'll one day see dominant Safety play here.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm equally entertained by the mental gymnastics on display to defend everything Jamal Adams does, both on the field and off.  

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Excellent points.  The national quarantine has impacted the story line.  Definitely not as simple as previous years.  Plus having a real GM impacts the strategy.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Vader said:

No one is going to change your mind but extrapolating Darnold’s last 8 games he would have been

4000 yards/61.4%/30 total tds/8 INTs 

Jets had a 6-2 record. 

The window is not not open...

I'm just not a fan of this kind of projection, the "if we take out all the bad stuff, our guy is great!"

I'll love it if he puts up those kinds of numbers, be assured.  I'm just not seeing it as a sure thing based on what happened in a cherry picked sample last year.  But I hope you're right. 

I'll say this, presuming it happens, opening day 2020 is going to be very interesting.  Must see TV, to see how a no-mono Sam starts his third season.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He isn't getting top of the market defensive player money from Douglas, either.  So something will have to give, eventually.

Yes, I’m just talking about this coming season.  The Jets have 3 years leverage.  He’s going to play this year and it’ll be for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm just not a fan of this kind of projection, the "if we take out all the bad stuff, our guy is great!"

I'll love it if he puts up those kinds of numbers, be assured.  I'm just not seeing it as a sure thing based on what happened in a cherry picked sample last year.  But I hope you're right. 

I'll say this, presuming it happens, opening day 2020 is going to be very interesting.  Must see TV, to see how a no-mono Sam starts his third season.

It’s simply worth noting what those last 8 games look like. It is simply worth noting. Sam needs to feel some pressure to put up numbers that approach this imo 

5 hours ago, JiF said:

hmmmmmm is analyzing an obvious out of character 3 game stretch better than analyzing an 8 game stretch?

lol - the answer depends on your agenda otherwise, it's an not a really a question. 

had a 4 game stretch his rook season..got benched  so , what?, he has an evil twin? it isnt really Sam playing, but some other "character"?

claiming only one end of the data is legit is the agenda that I am pointing out is fallacious

I'm saying you should NOT extrapolate ANY particular stretch of games....

THATS THE POINT...   you dont get to eliminate data to get the result that you prefer....  by me pointing out the crazy example of selecting only bad games makes it obvious how stupid and ridiculous that is....   and you agree

you mentioning the word agenda actually nails the homers that want to pretend his bad games didntr hapen so they can paint a pretty picture....

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Problem is, we’re not getting two #1’s. 

But all the people who want him gone so badly will be happy for some bizarre reason because we got a couple of draft picks that could be the next Dee Milliner and Stephen Hill. 

Bingo! 1 and a 3 and I will pay for his Uber.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

had a 4 game stretch his rook season..got benched  so , what?, he has an evil twin? it isnt really Sam playing, but some other "character"?

claiming only one end of the data is legit is the agenda that I am pointing out is fallacious

I'm saying you should NOT extrapolate ANY particular stretch of games....

THATS THE POINT...   you dont get to eliminate data to get the result that you prefer....  by me pointing out the crazy example of selecting only bad games makes it obvious how stupid and ridiculous that is....   and you agree

you mentioning the word agenda actually nails the homers that want to pretend his bad games didntr hapen so they can paint a pretty picture....

Meh, it's no different than highlighting a few games to show how bad he really is.  You're doing the same thing they're doing you're just doing it differently on a much smaller sample size. 

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, it's no different than highlighting a few games to show how bad he really is.  You're doing the same thing they're doing you're just doing it differently on a much smaller sample size. 

your reading comprehension is garbage.

the bold part is EXACTLY WHAT I JUST SAID!!!!

DO YOU NOT SEE THE BOLD? ffs

me extrapolating bad games is an exercise to point out that highlighting one set of data is bogus.

I DONT THINK THAT EXTRAPOLATING SAMS BAD GAMES IS IS WHO HE REALLY IS

I THINK USING ALL THE DATA IS WHO SAM IS.

And I have said that he needs to raise his floor by elimanting those bad games and make them at least, merely, meh...

whcih would , on the whole, improve th Jets chances of winning those games.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

your reading comprehension is garbage.

the bold part is EXACTLY WHAT I JUST SAID!!!!

DO YOU NOT SEE THE BOLD? ffs

me extrapolating bad games is an exercise to point out that highlighting one set of data is bogus.

I DONT THINK THAT EXTRAPOLATING SAMS BAD GAMES IS IS WHO HE REALLY IS

I THINK USING ALL THE DATA IS WHO SAM IS.

And I have said that he needs to raise his floor by elimanting those bad games and make them at least, merely, meh...

whcih would , on the whole, improve th Jets chances of winning those games.

You said "how about extrapolate the bads games."  Not me.  I'm just responding to you by saying, a 3 game stretch isnt the same as an 8 game stretch, one is better data if you're going to extrapolate one or the other.

Not sure why you're yelling at me for responding to you but I agree that both exercises are stupid. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

You said "how about extrapolate the bads games."  Not me.  I'm just responding to you by saying, a 3 game stretch isnt the same as an 8 game stretch, one is better data if you're going to extrapolate one or the other.

Not sure why you're yelling at me for responding to you but I agree that both exercises are stupid. 

only after someone said " if we extrapolate his last 8 games"  cos its silly.

sorry for the caps...   \

peace

George Costanza Dancing GIF by Crave

• Haha 1