Charlie Brown

Mims why he was the Steal of the Draft!!

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, but why would Mims specifically fall?  Why did a number of GM's think more of lesser prospects?

WR loaded draft is true, but why were many WR's considered lesser than Mims taken ahead of Mims?  I think we might want to know that, doncha think?

Even more concerning than Mims falling is that everybody seems to think Douglas knew he would fall.  They traded out in the 2nd and Claypool was the next pick.  They had to be comfortable with Claypool, Jefferson, or Mims.  If he miscalculated, the next guys Edwards and Duvernay went after Zuniga IIRC.  Seems like there was either a steep drop or teams just didn't have the need - which is what I suppose happened.  There is no reason to think the Jets or anybody else preferred Mims to Claypool or Jefferson, even if a bunch of us on the board did.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So Mims sucks now because JD was aware of other teams’ draft strategies?

Nice act.  Who said he sucks?  People, including you, are acting like he is this stud 1st rounder that we stole in the let 2nd.  If Douglas thought that, he probably wouldn't have traded down.  There were still two WRs taken between that pick and Mims.  Would we be reading the same sh*t if they ended up with Claypool or Jefferson?  Did he really want Pittman, Shenault or Hamler and traded when they were gone?  I prefer Mims, but it doesn't seem the NFL agreed.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company