Charlie Brown

Mims why he was the Steal of the Draft!!

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I was just referring to the fact he said the Jets didn't have a tall receiver who could take the top off the defense in years and that described Anderson to a T.  I know Mims projects to a number 1.    His other point was more valid when he stated someone who Sam could just throw the ball in his vicinity and could come down with the ball.  Now THAT is something we haven't had since Brandon Marshall. 

That is the most important aspect of drafting Mims.  Sam desperately needed someone who even if covered in a one-on-one situation, he could throw it up to and have a reasonable chance of a completion.   He also needed someone to play the back shoulder game with, there was nobody on this roster for the last 2 years that had that skill set.   With defenders having to respect Mims speed that should open up some back shoulder opportunities, and given Mims physicality and ability to win contested catches, should make Sam a happy dude.    

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'm a little confused, wasn't that one of the biggest criticisms of Fitz when he was here, that he just "threw it up" to Marshall, who saved Fitz by going up and getting it in coverage, leading to much criticsm that Fitz sucked and Marshall was good?

Are we now saying that Darnold is Fitz-like, and needs his WR's to save him, that he can't put the ball where it needs to be himself?

Huh?   You do sound confused.   Every QB needs a safety valve they can go to even if he’s covered.   Not sure what the Fitz comparison has to do with anything.  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, the Fitz thing is because that specific criticism was levied ALOT at the time and since. 

It was commonly said at that time that a good QB doesn't need his WR to save him by "just throwing it up there", that good QB's throw their WR's open.

Ok, no worries.

What QB doesn’t need their receiver to save them from time to time?   

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company