Charlie Brown

Mims why he was the Steal of the Draft!!

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

I’ve watched both videos, and a bunch of others......because I have an addiction, lol.

Mims doesn’t run a full route tree, but the routes he does compliment each other. He runs curls, slants, outs and go routes. Essentially 4 different directions, which is very similar to what Josh Gordon used to run his first year with the Browns.

When you are that fast and have size, defenders have to respect the deep speed. However, Mims has the lateral quickness to be good in slant or out routes as well.

The issues with him will be the nuances of the game, setting up his breaks, release form, etc. If he gets those things down, could legitimately be the top tier WR from this draft.

I think the real factor for him and the Jets depend on Perriman. If Perriman is on the field, that’s either a two safety look, or someone is getting a one on one outside. That’s really the biggest change I’m looking forward to seeing from the offense.

The YouTube guy, Joe, used to post here I believe, I think he was co-hosting the radio. He posts a ton of in-depth pieces that don’t seem to get much views. Wish he went more concept oriented because if you know “middle field closed for a mesh concept” you can probably watch film on your own. However, he puts in a great effort so it’s kind of a shame that it’s not more popular.

Good stuff

ill try to follow the kid more, I appreciate the effort he puts in and thought he gave good analysis plus he somehow is connected enough to have an ex nfl guy like Marcus Coleman talk to him for hours on YouTube- pretty cool

4 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

No offense intended but the only way this guy sees 100 balls is if he's the one carrying the ball bags out to practice every day.  At the very best he will catch 55 to 60 balls for 750 yards his rookie year.

100 targets 

6 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

This was a big thing that jumped out to me also when I watch clips of him... I hope that Jeff and Ward can break him of that habit, cause I think he will get a ton of flags as a rookie... We are after all the JETS, not the PATS...

I was shocked that Van Jefferson the son went two picks ahead of Mims to the Rams specifically because he is such an excellent route runner- I don’t think anyone saw that coming.  But then of course you realize his routes were so excellent because he was coached by his dad who is our wide receiver coach so he will train Mims to do the same- really excited for Mims to get coached up.  He has the talent to be one of THE BEST receivers in the NFL, yes it’s just “potential” but it’s all there.  Josh Gordon comps make sense, DeAndre Hopkins, maybe even Michael Thomas if he gets he can get his route running as elite as his physical traits.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

He's got the tools but he's still got to develop.  My biggest concern is that he rarely gets wide-open.  He's generally fighting for contested balls--and that will be tougher in the NFL unless he learns to be more sudden in his breaks and more polished in his routes.

Yeah he plays plays fast but doesn’t seem to play at his timed 4.38 speed but from what I’ve watched he’ll have a step at times but almost slows up until the ball is in the air so he can control the trailing DB to push off at just the right time. Its a very natural thing to do for him, it works a lot but also sometimes you just want him to blow by these guys and also not risk the flag

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company