AL RR - CL Mariano Rivera, Yankees

AL CPOY - SP Roy Halladay, Blue Jays

AL ROY - 2B Ian Kinsler, Rangers

NL MVP - 1B Albert Pujoles, Cardinals

NL CYY - SP Mark Prior, Cubs

NL RR - CL Billy Wagner, Mets

NL CPOY - P Kerry Woods, Cubs

NL ROY - OF Jeremy Hermida, Marlins

Ham is on the Felix Hernandez wagon.... would be a better call as ROY and not CY Young but by all indications the kid is gonna be a top starter. Santana who was robbed last year should get it this year.

As Yanks stand today, the other likely play-off teams pitching staffs in the AL are just too superior. Come play-off time that will send the Yanks home again barring a upgrade.

Ham is on the Felix Hernandez wagon.... would be a better call as ROY and not CY Young but by all indications the kid is gonna be a top starter. Santana who was robbed last year should get it this year.

As Yanks stand today, the other likely play-off teams pitching staffs in the AL are just too superior. Come play-off time that will send the Yanks home again barring a upgrade.

Well, the Yankees lost last season because they couldnt hit. Mussina was the only one that really pitched very poor. Johnson wasn't good, but the Yankees couldn't get a clutch hit to save their life.

I predict that Ham will jump on the bandwagon of the first Yankee scrub to have one good game.

I predict Ham will then start 20 threads about how said player is the saviour of the franchise.

As if a team with a $200 million dollar salary needs a saviour.

Well, the Yankees lost last season because they couldnt hit. Mussina was the only one that really pitched very poor. Johnson wasn't good, but the Yankees couldn't get a clutch hit to save their life.

Which is my point, good pitching will put good hitting to sleep in the play-offs. Chicago, Anaheim and Boston all have better pitching as things stand now.

Which is my point, good pitching will put good hitting to sleep in the play-offs. Chicago, Anaheim and Boston all have better pitching as things stand now.

Boston does not have better pitching.

Injuries will play a part in both teams successes and failures, but if the Yankees starting staff stays healthy, they without question have better pitching. Especially in the bullpen, the Yankees are better.

Anaheim? Outside of Colon what do they really have?

AL East

-------

Yankees

Red Sox (WC)

Blue Jays

Devil Rays

Orioles

AL Central

----------

White Sox

Indians

Twins

Tigers

Royasl

AL West

-------

A's

Angels

Mariners

Rangers

Div Round--Yanks over A's

White Sox over Red Sox

LCS--Yanks over White Sox

NL East

-------

Mets

Braves

Phillies

Nats

Marlins

NL Central

----------

Cubs

Cards(WC)

Astros

Reds

Brewers

Pirates

NL West

--------

Giants

Dodgers

Padres

D-Backs

Rockies

Div Round--Mets over Cubs

Giants over Cards

LCS--Mets over Giants

WS--Yankees over Mets (again)

AL MVP--Jim Thome

AL Cy Young--Randy Johnson

NL MVP--David Wright

NL Cy Young--Pedro (if healthy) Roy Oswalt if Pedro gets hurt.

AL EAST

1. Yankees

2. Red Sox (WC)

3. Blue Jays

4. Orioles

5. Devil Rays

AL CENTRAL

1. Indians

2. White Sox

3. Twins

4. Tigers

5. Royals

AL WEST

1. Angels

2. Athletics

3. Mariners

4. Rangers

---------

NL EAST

1. Mets

2. Braves (WC)

3. Phillies

4. Nationals

5. Marlins

NL CENTRAL

1. Cardinals

2. Cubs

3. Astros

4. Brewers

5. Pirates

6. Reds

NL WEST

1. Dodgers

2. Padres

3. Giants

4. Diamondbacks

5. Rockies

---------

PLAYOFFS

ALDS: Yankees over Angels; Indians over Red Sox

NLDS: Cardinals over Braves; Mets over Dodgers

ALCS: Yankees over Indians

NLCS: Cardinals over Mets

WORLD SERIES: Yankees over Cardinals

---------

MAJOR AWARDS

AL MVP - 3B Alex Rodriguez, Yankees

AL CYY - SP Johan Santana, Twins

AL RR - CL Mariano Rivera, Yankees

AL CPOY - SP Roy Halladay, Blue Jays

AL ROY - OF Jason Kubel, Twins

---------

NL MVP - 1B Albert Pujols, Cardinals

NL CYY - SP Jake Peavy, Padres

NL RR - CL Billy Wagner, Mets

NL CPOY - OF Barry Bonds, Giants

wow, imagine that. another yankee homer picking the Yanks to win it all. I guess an having two aging #1 and #2 pitchers in your rotation is just a gaurantee for success. I wonder how many times in the last 5 years GJ&B has predicted the Yanks to win it(im guessing 5).

My predictions: (take it for what its worth)

AL EAST

1. Yankees

2. Blue Jays

3. Red Sox

4. Orioles

5. Devil Rays

AL CENTRAL

1. White Sox

2. Indians (WC)

3. Twins

4. Tigers

5. Royals

AL WEST

1. Angels

2. Athletics

3. Rangers

4. Mariners

---------

NL EAST

1. Braves

2. Mets (WC)

3. Nationals

4. Phillies

5. Marlins

NL CENTRAL

1. Cardinals

2. Cubs

3. Astros

4. Brewers

5. Pirates

6. Reds

NL WEST

1. Padres

2. Dodgers

3. Giants

4. Rockies

5. D-Backs

---------

PLAYOFFS

ALDS: White Sox over Indians; Yankees over Angels

NLDS: Braves over Mets; Cardinals over Padres

ALCS: White Sox over Yankees in 6

NLCS: Braves over Cardinals in 7

WORLD SERIES: White Sox over Braves in 5

Nobody can argue that the White Sox haven't only gotten better over the offseason since their world series win. They've added Javier Vasquez to an already loaded rotation. Jim Thome in the DH spot which is a huge upgrade over Thomas and they will get by fine without Aaron Rowand. Team is set to repeat as champs IMO.

---------

MAJOR AWARDS

AL MVP - 1B Mark Teixeira, Rangers

AL CYY - SP Johan Santana, Twins

AL RR - CL Francisco Rodriguez, Angels

AL ROY - OF Delmon Young, D-Rays, Rays, wahtever theyre going to be called. Read an article somewhere (i think st.pete times, sayin that if Young has a good spring training, Rays will try to move Huff and start Young on opening day. The kid was going to win teh triple crown in A ball if he hadn't gotten promoted to AA last year. I have a feeling he'll make the roster.

---------

NL MVP - 1B Albert Pujols, Cardinals

NL CYY - SP Mark Prior, Cubs

NL RR - CL Chad Cordero

Nobody can argue that the White Sox haven't only gotten better over the offseason since their world series win.

Some of their starters really overachieved last year. But they did add talent this off-season. That will be a very interesting division.

Here is how the Playoffs will go (at least in my mind)

Div Champs (AL)

Yanks

WS

A's

Redsox (WC)

Yanks over WS

Redsox over A's

Redsox over A's

Div Champs

Mets

Cards

Giants

Cubs (WC)

Mets over Cubs

Cards over Giants

Mets over Cards

Mets over BoSox 4 games to 2

1986 all over again!

WOOO HOO!

LL

Divisional opponents do not ever meet in the opening round of the playoffs.

I personally think the AL wild card is not coming from the AL East this season. I think the Yankees, White Sox and A's will be the divisional champs. Angels and Indians will battle for the WC, with the Blue Jays and Bosox behind them.

I really like the Mets team, and everyone else in the NL East is somewhat weaker (Braves) to a lot weaker (Marlins). But until I see them fade, I have to give the Braves the NL East. Mets should be the WC.

I am not sold on the Cards, but I do not see anyone toping them, unless the Astros find a replacement for Clemens, and get a lot more offense, and the Cubbies get another monster season from Lee, and Wood and Prior make 50 or more starts combined.

Dodgers should win the NL West, but it is weak enough that anyone could win out there.

WHo will come out of teh NL, I have no clue. If the Astros find another pitcher, and get some hitting, and make the post-season, they should be the team to beat.

Yankees should get past anyoine in the AL, if they stay relatively healthy. I can see the Yankees beating anyone out of the NL. In fact, I can see anyone out of the AL beating whomever makes the WS from the NL.

Ham, you have WAY more confidence in the Cubs than I do. I really hope you are right.

You know what, troll ... I base my Cubs prediction on one major factor, that their pitching will finally stay healthy ... and if it does, that team {as a wild card} will be a tough out in the post season for anyone

I think the Cards will bash their way to a division title, getting fat on a plethora of poor pitching, but when they face a healthy Cubs staff in the NLCS the party is over for STL and the Cubs are heading to the show

PS. If they meet anyone other than the Yankees in the WS, I'll be rooting for them my friend ... but I suspect it will be "Yankees Vs Cubs"

N.L East

1 Atlanta

2 Philadelphia

3 Washington

4 New York Mets

5 Florida

N.L Central

1 Houston

2 St.Louis

3 Pittsburgh

4 Milwaukee

5 Chicago Cubs

6 Cincinnati

N.L West

1 Colorado :box:

2 Los Angeles

3 Arizona

4 Los Angeles

5 San Francisco

AL East

1 Toronto

2 Boston

3 Yankees

4 Tampa Bay

5 Baltimore

AL Central

1 Chicago White Sox :lock:

2 Cleveland

3 Minnesota

4 Kansas City

5 Detriot

AL West

1 Oakland

2 Texas

3 Anaheim

4 Seattle

N.L East

1 Atlanta

2 Philadelphia

3 Washington

4 New York Mets

5 Florida

N.L Central

1 Houston

2 St.Louis

3 Pittsburgh

4 Milwaukee

5 Chicago Cubs

6 Cincinnati

N.L West

1 Colorado :box:

2 Los Angeles

3 Arizona

4 Los Angeles

5 San Francisco

AL East

1 Toronto

2 Boston

3 Yankees

4 Tampa Bay

5 Baltimore

AL Central

1 Chicago White Sox :lock:

2 Cleveland

3 Minnesota

4 Kansas City

5 Detriot

AL West

1 Oakland

2 Texas

3 Anaheim

4 Seattle

I am quoting this one. R44 just picked the Yankees for 3rd place! I love it. And I am bookmarking it!!!

AL EAST

======

1. Yankees

2. Red Sox (Wild Card)

3. Blue Jays

4. Devil Rays

5. Orioles

AL CENTRAL

========

1. White Sox

2. Indians

3. Twins

4. Tigers

5. Royals

AL WEST

======

1. Athletics

2. Angels

3. Rangers

4. Mariners

DIV ROUND

=======

Yankees over White Sox

Athletics over Red Sox

ALCS

====

Athletics over Yankees

========

========

NL EAST

======

1. Braves

2. Mets (Wild Card)

3. Phillies

4. Nationals

5. Marlins

NL CENTRAL

========

1. Cardinals

2. Cubs

3. Astros

4. Brewers

5. Reds

6. Pirates

NL WEST

======

1. Padres

2. Giants

3. Dodgers

4. D-backs

5. Rockies

DIV ROUND

========

Padres over Braves

Mets over Cardinals

NLCS

====

Mets over Padres

========

========

WORLD SERIES

==========

Athletics over Mets

========

========

MAJOR AWARDS

===========

AL MVP - 3B Alex Rodriguez

AL CYY - SP Johan Santana

AL RR - CL Mariano Rivera

AL CPOY - SP Curt Schilling

NL MVP - 1B Albert Pujols

NL CYY - SP Jake Peavy

NL RR - CL Billy Wagner

NL CPOY - LF Barry Bonds*

AL EAST

======

1. Yankees

2. Red Sox (Wild Card)

3. Blue Jays

4. Devil Rays

5. Orioles

AL CENTRAL

========

1. White Sox

2. Indians

3. Twins

4. Tigers

5. Royals

AL WEST

======

1. Athletics

2. Angels

3. Rangers

4. Mariners

DIV ROUND

=======

Yankees over White Sox

Athletics over Red Sox

ALCS

====

Athletics over White Sox

========

========

NL EAST

======

1. Braves

2. Mets (Wild Card)

3. Phillies

4. Nationals

5. Marlins

NL CENTRAL

========

1. Cardinals

2. Cubs

3. Astros

4. Brewers

5. Reds

6. Pirates

NL WEST

======

1. Padres

2. Giants

3. Dodgers

4. D-backs

5. Rockies

DIV ROUND

========

Padres over Braves

Mets over Cardinals

NLCS

====

Mets over Padres

========

========

WORLD SERIES

==========

Athletics over Mets

========

========

MAJOR AWARDS

===========

AL MVP - 3B Alex Rodriguez

AL CYY - SP Johan Santana

AL RR - CL Mariano Rivera

AL CPOY - SP Curt Schilling

NL MVP - 1B Albert Pujols

NL CYY - SP Jake Peavy

NL RR - CL Billy Wagner

NL CPOY - LF Barry Bonds*

A's over the Mets???!?!?!

This isn't 1973! Mets over A's or BoSox!

LL

Can't wait for the season to begin!!

I am quoting this one. R44 just picked the Yankees for 3rd place! I love it. And I am bookmarking it!!!

Yep, you can bookmark it Maxman, but realize I wrestled with the Yankees and Red Sox for that 2 spot. It might be a mistake, when you figure Big Stein will probably add payroll and go over the top (buy second place), but I'm comfortable with that pick....By the way, I'm leaning towards Cleveland for the WC spot anyway, so the Sox/Yanks thing is moot.

No response to the Rockies winning the West?

That may seem odd, but I hate that N.L West and think either the Rockies or D'Backs surprise and take the division. As sagely MBN pointed out, anyone can win that medicore division.

Rockies have a legit closer and some good young arms -- Jennings, Cook, Francis, ect....Nice bats in the outfield and corner infield spots.

Let's hope the young SS Barmes doesn't try to bring Deer-meat up the stairs again, only to slip and miss another season :Nuts:

Yep, you can bookmark it Maxman, but realize I wrestled with the Yankees and Red Sox for that 2 spot. It might be a mistake, when you figure Big Stein will probably add payroll and go over the top (buy second place), but I'm comfortable with that pick....By the way, I'm leaning towards Cleveland for the WC spot anyway, so the Sox/Yanks thing is moot.

No response to the Rockies winning the West?

That may seem odd, but I hate that N.L West and think either the Rockies or D'Backs surprise and take the division. As sagely MBN pointed out, anyone can win that medicore division.

Rockies have a legit closer and some good young arms -- Jennings, Cook, Francis, ect....Nice bats in the outfield and corner infield spots.

Let's hope the young SS Barmes doesn't try to bring Deer-meat up the stairs again, only to slip and miss another season :Nuts:

Yeah I had a hard time commenting on the Rockies. I scanned for your Yankees pick first and that was all she wrote for me.

Man, I feel sorry for the bastard that partners with you on a baseball site!

:cheers:

That just one of several web-site ideas in hopper -- I'm in full pyscho mode, looking for an outrageous get rich quick scheme? :Typotux:

Honestly, if the Rockies played in any other city or ballpark (i.e Yankee Stadium), I'd puff my chest out and pick them. That ballpark has a way of ruining young pitching prospects (and vets too)....

But the West is bad. Dodgers would seem to be the safest pick, but we'll see...

In every prediction or mock, you've gotta throw out one prediction to shake things up :box:

In every prediction or mock, you've gotta throw out one prediction to shake things up :box:

I AGREE

Mine was the Cubbies going to the show ... can't get more bold than that :eek:

I think their stud pitchers finally stay healthy and they make me look like a genius ;)

And make no mistake about it, that team has awesome pitching if it can ever stay healthy

Hammer, I thought long and hard about the Cubs because of their pitching staff. If Zambrano, Prior and often injured Kerry Wood come on strong, they can be in it to the end. Also, Ramierez, Lee, Jacque Jones, Barrett and Juan Pierre give them a nice lineup.....Plus they have money to trade.

I don't think that's a bad pick at all. I think that's a really well thought out pick.

My concerns with Chicago is Dusty has had a hard time getting that team together. The magic he brought to San Francisco hasn't rubbed off in Chi-town....also, the Astros could be real good if Clemens returns (likely because his son was drafted by Houston) and I think the Cards should be tough due to their pitching.

Arizona or Colorado could come up in the west, because that division is a joke--As you put it in the Dodgers thread....

I was thinking about the Padres, but once they put Piazza behind the plate, they were shot defensively.....and the offense doesn't seem to be great.

It's great to talk baseball......as I told Maxman, if we/I can comeup with a decent concept for a baseball site (no B-board), I'd do it in second and dump the football stuff come May :Typotux:

Hammer, I thought long and hard about the Cubs because of their pitching staff. If Zambrano, Prior and often injured Kerry Wood come on strong, they can be in it to the end. Also, Ramierez, Lee, Jacque Jones, Barrett and Juan Pierre give them a nice lineup.....Plus they have money to trade.

I don't think that's a bad pick at all. I think that's a really well thought out pick.

My concerns with Chicago is Dusty has had a hard time getting that team together. The magic he brought to San Francisco hasn't rubbed off in Chi-town....also, the Astros could be real good if Clemens returns (likely because his son was drafted by Houston) and I think the Cards should be tough due to their pitching.

Arizona or Colorado could come up in the west, because that division is a joke--As you put it in the Dodgers thread....

I was thinking about the Padres, but once they put Piazza behind the plate, they were shot defensively.....and the offense doesn't seem to be great.

It's great to talk baseball......as I told Maxman, if we/I can comeup with a decent concept for a baseball site (no B-board), I'd do it in second and dump the football stuff come May :Typotux:

I love Baseball. More then Football. Baseball is the one sport that I follow all the teams, not just the one I root for. Football, I do follow the sport in general, but not as "religiously". I am more interested in my team.:rolleyes:

I agree with the Padres. I actually thought they were the team to beat, but Piazza is not the answer, and they do lack power up and down that lineup. They have good pitching though. I can't see the Rockies winning, not in that park. I know they did get to the post-season some years ago, but they really slugged their way in, and they do not have the same type of lineup now as they did then. Giants rise and fall with Bonds, and I doubt he plays more then half the season. So, I was left with the Dodgers, betting on a return to prominance by Nomar.

That just one of several web-site ideas in hopper -- I'm in full pyscho mode, looking for an outrageous get rich quick scheme? :Typotux:

Okay Kramer.

BTW if you figure out how to get rich by running a sports website let me know. Because I must be doing something wrong! :)

MBN, my greatest fear regarding the Rockies is the ballpark will swallow up all that young pitching I seem to like so much.....I'm hoping these cats can keep the ball low and get a lot of ground balls.

In addition to Piazza, I also balked at S.D when I saw Castilla at third and Dave Roberts and Mike Cameron in the outfield....Castilla can't do squat in any park other the Colorado.....Roberts will drive in 50 runs a season in 600 abs and while Cameron is good, a .235 average and 150 K's isn't uncommon for him.

Maxman it's all about partnering up with a google adsense and about putting forth a product that that will lend folks to click ads -- now, you're the computer wiz, help me figure that part out :beer_Orcish:

By the way, message boards drain revenue :Typotux:

as soon as you come up with a single reason to take anything you say seriously.

That was a terrible oversight on my part, but not nearly as bad as Brandon Lyon being a more desiralbe option than Mariano Rivera. That ruins any credibility you may have thought you earned through your hate filled, factless posts on this board.

An oversight is far different than being unalbe to string together a couple of statements with facts to back it up. Something you are rarely able to do, and once it's pointed out your regularly resort to name calling and personal attacks. The fact that I've heard people on this board make reference to you being a teacher is just scary to me. You're supposed to be the one showing kids how to behave yet you're unable to do it yourself.

As for my prediction, I suppose I was so looking forward to the Yankees beating the Sox that I jumped right to it. Unlike many folks on this board I'm actually acknowledging the fact that the Sox are still the Yankees' #1 concern but come playoff time the Yankees will get it done, despite the fact that Mariano Rivera has been "on the downside of his career" for three years now. Man I wish we had Brandon Lyon.

My concerns with Chicago is Dusty has had a hard time getting that team together. The magic he brought to San Francisco hasn't rubbed off in Chi-town

You're right about that Rigs - but his magic never got him a ring and his bungled tactical decisions insured that.

His managerial stats in Chicago are trending in the wrong direction and I think 06 will be the low point and hopefully jetison him back to the west coast where he can ride his Harley year round. The pick up of Pierre gives them a bonified lead-off man and if they keep Walker they've got as tough a first five as there is in baseball. History says their starting pitching won't stay healthy enough and Zambrano and Maddux can't carry the whole load. Ryan Dempster showed a lot of guts as the closer, but at the end of the day, he'll put a lot of guys on base. Duster doesn't like playing kids so Cedeno and Murton won't be developed properly. Hope I'm wrong, but a 4th-5th finish will make me happy as it will get Bakers azz fired.

Archived