Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

NHL to adopt 24-team playoffs if season resumes

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Per ESPN.

Regular season would end and the season would move directly into the playoffs.

Even with 24 team playoffs the Sabres are on the outside looking in. Unreal.

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So we seem no near closer. MLB looks toast too. Football is the last hope, hopefully the players want to play.

Why so negative ? MLB will get it done. Too much $$ on the line. Same with the NHL.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Hope you're right. I just dont get the sense there's much enthusiasm from the players (especially the high pay tier ones) to come back. 

I kinda know what you mean. I remember that one pitcher with Tampa Bay who didn't want to "risk his life for ONLY $3.6 mil "      ( 1/2 pay). Hard for us to relate when that 1/2 pay is more than most of us will see in a lifetime Matt. I still think it'll get done.

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s all going to come down to the dollars and if it makes sense for the players. I read an article where someone who might make 30 million a year would “only” make 8. That’s a hefty cut. Will be interesting to watch. Manfred seems out of his depth. 

Yes but it's still 8MILLION !  That 8 mil sounds low. I've heard 50% since it's half the games which would be $15 mil or $11 mil if it's only a 60 game schedule. Still a ton of $$ to leave on the table.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company