rangerous

fodder for the anti gase crowd

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the Jets aren't a .500 team or better in 2020, Gase will be gone. 

Don't get your hopes up.  Just because Douglas signed a 6-year deal (thus giving himself quite a lot of power) doesn't mean his plans were to oust Gase as soon as possible.  This is a 6 or 7-win roster, with 8-8 or 9-7 only being possible if Darnold has a monster season.  A sub-.500 season won't be enough to get Gase fired.

Now, if we bottom out to 5 wins or fewer?  Sure, I could see it.  

23 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

watched the video.  There was alot of running in that video.  No truly impressive throws to speak of. 

perfect deep balls @ 135 and 345 

anyway...     i appreciate the fact that you'd actually go and watch.

Showtime Thank You GIF by Desus & Mero

we disagree as to ceiling  .......for me? we havent even seen him play AS WELL as AD at his best....2013, 2015 and 2018 , for example

and of course since we looked at hilite reels, it'd be sorta fun if they had WORST OF vids to compare as well...

how often are bad INTs thrown, open guys missed while having adequate proetection and such.....

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

perfect deep balls @ 135 and 345 

anyway...     i appreciate the fact that you'd actually go and watch.

Showtime Thank You GIF by Desus & Mero

we disagree as to ceiling  .......for me? we havent even seen him play AS WELL as AD at his best....2013, 2015 and 2018 , for example

and of course since we looked at hilite reels, it'd be sorta fun if they had WORST OF vids to compare as well...

how often are bad INTs thrown, open guys missed while having adequate proetection and such.....

It is to my understanding that most NFL starting QBs can throw a seemingly perfect deep ball every so often.  I can point out perfect deep balls Sam threw to Robby also.  

We can agree to disagree though but as Jets fans we can only hope Sam does actually take that next step this season.  

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

we can only hope Sam does actually take that next step this season. 

of course...

On 5/27/2020 at 3:18 PM, SAR I said:

This is known as the deflection of facts you don't want to face, i.e. chickening out.

Post the numbers for the last 8 Jets games.  It's a great barometer of Darnold and Gase's progress, far better than reaching back for a time when Gase was in Miami and Darnold was getting his learner's permit.

And in Denver Peyton Manning was on his last legs, in fact he praises Gase to the high heavens for designing an offense that suited his post-neck-injury skills leading to his record breaking season.

SAR I

Consider the quality of the competition over those last 8 games.  Gase apologists are hanging their hat on a rusty nail. 

8 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I absolutely believe the Jets overachieved.  Going into the season I thought they could win 7-9 games with good health.  Sam played a game with mono which cost them that game then missed 3, they were the most injured team the league has seen in a long time and yet still managed to win 7.  That was impressive to me.

The Jets had Greg Williams to thank for any "overachieving" they did and Adam Gase to blame for being DEAD LAST in overall offensive performance.   Gase is a horrible coach.  

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Consider the quality of the competition over those last 8 games.  Gase apologists are hanging their hat on a rusty nail. 

But he sucks, right? So why should the competition matter if he sucks?  They shouldn't have been able to beat anyone with such a horrible coach let alone winning 6 of 8 games

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Of course this is a win now team.  The division is wide open.  The Bills are the best team on paper but have a suspect QB and JD has done a good job of improving the team where it was weakest.  The Jets aren't going to be happy with minimal progress in 2020 when the division title is no longer a pipe dream.  By your own logic, the 6-2 finish should mean that the team and coach "figured it out" and should be poised to take the next step.  A 6-7 win season in 2020 would be a far cry from any reasonable measurement of "progress."  If the Jets aren't a .500 team or better in 2020, Gase will be gone. 

Listen, I think the Jets are going to go 10-6 and win the division.  But if they don't, which most believe will be the case, and they go 7-9, which most think is our ceiling, then Adam is fine so long as a) Darnold shows growth, and b) team culture doesn't slip.

Christopher Johnson isn't Woody Johnson.  He's doing it his way.  His way is to buck Jets conventions.  No rookie head coaches, no defensive head coaches, no quick triggers.

Adam Gase and Joe Douglas are a long-term partnership.  Get used to it.  Be excited by it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Let's see, the last 8 games, let me look that up....

2 games against teams in the playoff hunt that we eliminated (Steelers, Raiders)

3 consecutive games in which we scored 34 points (Giants, Redskins, Raiders)

5 consecutive games in which we scored a TD on our opening drive.

1 game against the top AFC seed (Ravens)

2 December wins against AFC East rivals (Dolphins, Bills)

4 games on the road (Jets go .500)

Fun Fact:  After the Patriots "seeing ghosts" game, the Jets don't lose at home the rest of the way going 4-0.

Fun Fact:  Sam Darnold finishes the year 6-2 with 15 TD's, 4 INT's, and a Top 10 QB rating.

Fun Fact:  Look at the schedules of the Bills, Ravens, Chiefs, and other AFC teams; they all played weak competition, the Ravens had 11 games against losers.

Fun Fact:  Adam Gase did a great job last season and he's set as HC of the NYJ for the rest of his 4 year contract.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets had Greg Williams to thank for any "overachieving" they did and Adam Gase to blame for being DEAD LAST in overall offensive performance.   Gase is a horrible coach.  

Run the numbers for the last 8 games thanks.

SAR I

5 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Past the point of prove it??  

They went 6-2 against trash and very mediocre teams.  The one team (Ravens) in which they played that was actually good, they were blown out in that game.  The other loss was against a team that was winless up to that point.  

The 6-2 is good but doesn't mean anything.  They proved going 6-2 that they may be a mediocre team.  

The Jets were a trash and *less* than mediocre team, matter of fact one of the most talent poor teams in the league when Gase took over. He had no input into FA signing or the draft thanks to Macc. The fact that after Sam getting mono and a multitude of injuries Gase in his 1st season kept the team from collapsing and mailing it in the 2nd half of the season reflects very well on his HC ability. The 6-2 finish was quite the accomplishment.

That said, I expect a much improved team in 2020 and after another draft and free agency the Jets should take the AFCe in 2021 with ease.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

HEY, THIS HATER IS AGAINST GASE RIGHTS!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

HEY, THIS HATER IS AGAINST GASE RIGHTS!!! 

gaseeyore.jpg

SAR I