THE BARON

Darnold's Skill Set To Gase's System...

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

There are systems that are much better for pocket passers and systems that are much better for mobile/running QB's.  That is football 101

Some of those systems you speak of are a good way to get your QB's knees crushed.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i would love to see a study that correlates whatever data the nfl gets during the combine get really translated into the future success of a player.

For pass rushers the data is indisputable:  Measurables and athleticism matter.  A lot.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Playing football at is a good way to get just about any part of your body crushed.  That includes all levels of football and all positions.  

Known statue Peyton Manning never had his knees crushed.  

The risk is significantly lower if you stay in the pocket.  Especially under the new rules designed to protect the QB more than ever before.

• Upvote 1

It may very well have been his knees and not his neck.  It can happen to a stature QB or a running QB.  Any system.  Any player.  

Do you not understand probabilities?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To your point, how many elite pass rushers aren't elite (or near elite) athletes?

I honestly can't think of any. 

If Yannick Ngakoue can prove his 12-sack season wasn't a fluke, he'd be an outlier.  My money is on his productivity not being sustainable.

yannick-ngakoue-ras-13105.png?w=1100&ssl

• Upvote 1

100 % probability that injuries will occur.  100 % probability that all positions can experience injury.  100 % probability that any body part can be injured playing football.  That even includes having a bad hair day... 

A simple "No, I don't understand probabilities" would have sufficed.

Carry on.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Tom Brady... Pocket Passer.   KNEE INJURY..  Carson Palmer.  Pocket passer.  KNEE INJURY.  

Those are called "outliers", and its telling that you had to all the way back to 2008 to find a significant QB injury while the QB was in the pocket.  

Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, RG3, and Cam Newton all say hello.  And Aaron Rodgers' 2017 season-ending collarbone injury happened while....you guessed it....he scrambled out of the pocket trying to extend the play.

In addition stuff like this is far more likely to happen when your QB scrambles:

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Demarcus Lawrence had a pitiful 3-cone and I don't think he was much as an athlete.  He had a couple of double digit sack seasons, but obviously a valid point.

Yep.  Worse overall score than Ngakoue.  

demarcus-lawrence-ras-11181.png?w=1100&s

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I know.  A few weeks ago I mistakenly accused Demarcus Ware of having a bad 3-cone because  I mixed up my Demarcuses.  Ware's 3 cone was tremendous.  6.8 or something.

Yep, 6.85!  Freak.  Parcells' best pick in his career.

demarcus-ware-ras-7077.png?w=1100&ssl=1

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Why don't you try to make yourself even more convincing.  Along with not knowing what zone blocking is, you can add that I don't know the difference between a guard and a tackle.  And don't stop there.  You can always say that I don't even know what a football is.  That would really make your argument.  All the world bows down to the fiery logic of your of your blistering football intellect.  

Like I said before... The clock is ticking.  The season will start.  The Jets offense will underperform for reasons that include what I have been describing in this thread.  And, I'm sure you will still be cock sure of yourself.  After all, I don't even know what a quarterback is and you wrote the book.  

Awfully defensive for a football scientist.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You have a different opinion, doctor ?

I think your combative nature with anyone who disagrees with you or criticizes you for a thread like this one makes message boards less fun.  

• Post of the Week 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company