THE BARON

Darnold's Skill Set To Gase's System...

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

For a Gase offense, you want a healthy Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.  A QB that thrives off of throwing quick short and intermediate length passes from a static pocket.

We get it.  You don't like Gase.  There is nothing in his style that requires a HOF QB.  I don't think there is any OC/HC/GM in the NFL that doesn't want a healthy Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. 

Darnold should certainly thrive at throwing shot and intermediate passes and the "static pocket"  goes with the quick.  It is difficult to be quick and take the time to move the pocket. 

• Post of the Week 1

There are systems that are much better for pocket passers and systems that are much better for mobile/running QB's.  That is football 101

I believe that football 101 is "Low man wins." 

At the risk of offending the poster... If you don't realize that different systems are much better suited for different types of QB's, you don't know the basics.  

If Tom Brady or Peyton manning was your QB would you run a wish bone ??? 

Why not ??? By your reasoning, there is no cause to illustrate the compelling differences in a QB's skill set nor are there any standards to illustrate in respective offensive systems....

You're worried about offending me?  If I don't respond in five minutes will you quote me another few times?

My reasoning is that the positives you are quoting for Darnold are things that mainly matter when the play breaks down.  They don't help you devise a scheme.  Other than moving the pocket, which of your suggestions is specific to Darnold?  It would be nice to have a decent running game.  I don't understand why Darnold needs one more than any other QB, or Gase specifically a deliberate straight ahead runner.  

Darnold is not a running QB.  He is a bit mobile and can extend plays.  The way to help him is to have successful plays and then let him work his magic on the ones that don't work.  You don't predicate an offense on a QB's ability to throw from any arm angle.

Finally, you should know this from your other identities, but repping your own posts is sad and pathetic.   

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Give me Darnold and let me call the plays this year: top 5 in the nfl in scoring offense. 30.5 pts per game avg.

Give Gase Darnold and let him call the plays this year: bottom 5 in the league in scoring. 15.7 ppg.

Gase sucks.

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

For the last 6 months I've been reading where people here point to Sam's last 8 games, talk about the numbers he put up in them as proof that he is an elite Franchise QB.

My question to you is... 

Who's offense was Darnold running at that time? 

@TNJet ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Yannick Ngakoue can prove his 12-sack season wasn't a fluke, he'd be an outlier.  My money is on his productivity not being sustainable.

yannick-ngakoue-ras-13105.png?w=1100&ssl

Demarcus Lawrence had a pitiful 3-cone and I don't think he was much as an athlete.  He had a couple of double digit sack seasons, but obviously a valid point.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Worse overall score than Ngakoue.  

I know.  A few weeks ago I mistakenly accused Demarcus Ware of having a bad 3-cone because  I mixed up my Demarcuses.  Ware's 3 cone was tremendous.  6.8 or something.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

"sad and pathetic"

How banal... 

And I don't agree with your post above, because it is not cogent.  You don't seem to grasp what every competent and successful administrator knows.  Operations are designed around the strengths of your players.  A QB's ability to move, throw on the move and think on the move are not reserved for the times "the play breaks down".  

If that is your reasoning, you don't belong in this argument...

Your lack of cognitive reasoning is "sad and pathetic" 

You forgot to upvote this nonsense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Exactly.

The utter arrogance of the original post is epicly assinine. Its quite shocking actually.

New in town? 

• Haha 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company