THE BARON

Darnold's Skill Set To Gase's System...

P Manning, T Tebow, Cutler, Tannehill, Moore, all the same apparently all play the same way.  

Hate to break it to you but Sam is perfectly suited to this style of offense.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

It is.  An example of unscientific would be "Um... Gase only had one year so far.  Um... Duh... They didn't have a line... Err... Lets stop with all the negativity" 

And let's uh, talk about zone blocking ruining Adams pass plays

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Zone blocking on its own does not ruin pass plays.  I didn't make that assertion nor would I ever do so.   That post above is a useless fragment.  Instead of looking to win an argument for the sake of it by using the tactics of child, try to take in and digest the big picture.  All the moving parts in synergy.  

Dude the entire theory that Darnold doesn’t fit this offense is pure fantasy.  

And you want to go into name calling now because someone doesn’t agree with your assertion?  You do this all the time.  You don’t like Gase, I get it.  Hone in on his weaknesses, there are more than a few.  That Darnold is a square peg in a round hole is wrong

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

FYI... If am wrong and the Jets have a reasonably productive and consistent offense, I will be available and standing tall for you to throw rotten fruit at my all season long... 

And none of that would prove you’re argument one way or another

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Some of those systems you speak of are a good way to get your QB's knees crushed.  

The idea that there aren't offenses suited to running QBs, ala LJackson and for a pure pocket passer like todays Brady is basic.  Thinking Darnold is a running QB confusing escapability/mobility with a running QBs game is the issue

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

P Manning, T Tebow, Cutler, Tannehill, Moore, all the same apparently all play the same way.  

Hate to break it to you but Sam is perfectly suited to this style of offense.  

?????????

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And let's uh, talk about zone blocking ruining Adams pass plays

?????????

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Zone blocking on its own does not ruin pass plays.  I didn't make that assertion nor would I ever do so.   That post above is a useless fragment.  Instead of looking to win an argument for the sake of it by using the tactics of child, try to take in and digest the big picture.  All the moving parts in synergy.  

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

You are labeling me a "name caller". That is quite an indictment coming from the person that began with the name calling.  I only engage in full contact posting when others encourage it.  Your response to my evaluation  in an earlier thread was met by your response that saw you call me "NOSTRADAMOS".  That preceded any chiding that you got from me.  If you like to interact like a gentleman and a sportsman, than try to be one... 

Where did I start calling you anything? 

Oh wait Nostradamus.  In another thread.  A seer of the future.  Name calling.

And to another poster.  Yeah, only in response: Ug… I keep forgetting that this forum is tailored for Archie and Jughead.  I'll dial it down so as not to trigger any of the more sensitive folks...  

Gotcha

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Sam's numbers were not very impressive during any part of the season.  image.thumb.jpeg.3ecc2a3912d7cd10ea39c28e015ffc8f.jpeg

And, amazingly, still with the effects of mono and worse, an offense he’s not suited to run. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Right. Your stats are significant, but the ones I refer to are BS.  Have a look at the QB's at the top of the QBR totem pole and then look at the ones at the bottom with Sam.  

Here are a few more BS numbers for you to put in your pocket.

Passing Leaders

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2019&week=100&category=PASSING&sortOrder=0&page=1

TD's

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?season=2019&week=100&category=SCORING

WOW... HOF Performance by Sam.  It must be that brilliant VERY ABSOLUTE LAST in the league Adam Gase offense.

You said he didnt play well in ANY PART OF THE SEASON.  

ANY.  

We know the season on a whole was poor.  I dont need lists.  He was sick, he missed time and then he played better.  Much better.  Read what I posted.  Sorry it kills your narrative.  As wrong as it is because he played well over the last 8 games, no matter how many different ways you say it.  

Your words, eat them and stop already, every part of this thread is wrong.  Sam Darnold never was and never will be a running QB.  Hes a pocket passer who can get out and move around, run if he has to.  Hes like Wentz and others, hes not Russell Wilson or Allen.  

WOW...HOF performance, who said this?  Anyone?  Other than you? OMG, you thread started badly and just keeps getting worse.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

People here only hate things like QBR and PFF when it doesn’t suit the argument (excuse) they’re trying to make.

Trust me, you’ll be amazed how much more “credible” QBR will become if you know who rises above the bottom of the rankings.

No body anywhere quotes or uses QBR.  Other than ESPN and you know it.  Its convoluted

• Upvote 3

So are we saying there is no real science at work here?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

My point is spot on.  You don't want to admit it.  Remember... I am not knocking Sam.  This post is about Gase and his propensity to jam square pegs into round holes.  Sam showed he has talent.  Special talent.  However, never were his numbers league leading as you suggest they were by picking a few stats out of the comprehensive numbers in order to support your point.  

Bottom line.  The Jets offense was dead last in overall production last year and it was GASE'S fault.  Blame it on the line if you like, but it was ALL GASE.  He does not know how best to use Sam (until Sam gave him a clue) and he DEFINATELY blew Bell's potential contribution STRAIGHT OUT OF HISS ASS...

Yield to the facts.

Your point is completely wrong.  Your point misses the point.  No one was going to coach an effective, consistent offense with the assembled talent on the team and the injuries that just compounded that situation.  All the missed analysis about zone blocking etc just adds to that omission.  

There is nothing about Gases passing scheme that doesnt mix with Darnolds strengths.  Ever analyst on the planet has commented how the system is suited to Sam.  Every fan who understands offense and what Gase is TYRYING to do do gets that Sam is suited to the system.  No one, other than you thinks Sam is a square peg trying to be fitted into a round hole.  Complain that you think Gases play calling sucked or that it sucked because of that lack of talent, pick hour poison, but it wasn't a scheme issue.  

Please stop already.  I didnt pick a few stats.  I picked Yds per attempt, TDs, TD/INT %, PFF QB Ratings, being the 8th rated QB, being the highest rushed passer.  Those aren't a few.  Only thing of consequence missing is yardage.  And when the rush is held in check he was the 4th highest rated QB in the NFL.  Those numbers are pretty damn significant.  I get it, doesnt fit your its the system complaint.  

Bottom line, youre wrong, everyone has pointed out how wrong you are.  And most telling you this are not fans of Gase.  Sometimes its just the players and not  theories like zone blocking requires a straight ahead power back and won't work with Darnold because that's just not true 

29 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I hate to say it, but... There you go again...

You state EVERYONE has pointed out I am wrong ??? That is a fallacious statement. 

If you go back and read the entire thread you will see that others do in fact agree with me.  So did/do all the learned fans that were VOCALLY and VISIBLY calling for GEASE'S head this past season.  

1. Gase does not know what to do best with Darnold.  And for that matter, Bell.

It is a very simple point ant I supported it with a lot of quality.

You like Gase, fine... You don't see what I see.  Fine.   

But I'm right :-) 

Wanna know what we will both see at the end of the 2020 season ???

Gase gets promoted out of NY by JD.  

Book it.

Everyone.   Ok 99%, feel better?  
Sorry, you’re still wrong.  

You haven’t presented science or backup.  Just your opinions that fly on the face of most people’s opinions.  But do carry on, this is an epic beating

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I see.  You are declaring victory.   If it makes you feel better...

I do

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

This is perhaps the most useful post of them all... You suggest that Gase will not throw out they made *after* he eased up on his compulsions and listened to Sam's request for constructive change.

This is key.

Its called getting used to each other.

Sam, after being in a new system a couple of months went to Gase to tell him preferences.  Gase changed his game plans and play calls to fit those preferences like a HC/OC should.  Gase adapted the plays to those Sam was comfortable at that time.  

Exactly what you've been saying Gase didn't do.  Exactly the opposite of fitting a round peg in a square hole

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Saying it is called "getting used to each other" is trivializing the matter.  What Sam had to explain to him are things that even a Pop Warner coach should be able to see quickly and clearly.  

I am *REALLY* looking forward to this season.  Not so much that I am looking forward to watching the Jets field a bottom third offense, but I know the man hiding behind the curtain is going to be exposed.  Then we can move on.  I think JD knows his business and it is encouraging for the future despite the rotten apple at the top of the barrel. 

No, "getting used to each other" or :"learning a new system" is what it was.  Sorry again.  You again show how little you know if you actually believe that "Sam had to explain to him are things that even a Pop Warner coach should be able to see quickly and clearly."  You have to stop with the over the top simplicity and lunacy.  

Again: 

Sam, after being in a new system a couple of months went to Gase to tell him preferences.  Gase changed his game plans and play calls to fit those preferences like a HC/OC should.  Gase adapted the plays to those Sam was comfortable at that time.  

Exactly what you've been saying Gase didn't do.  Exactly the opposite of fitting a round peg in a square hole.  The whole premise of this thread shot to shlt

You can look forward to whatever clown show matches this thread, its your twisted hope for the season?  Says a lot 

25 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You complicate the obvious and trivialize the momentous as it suits your purposes.  Keep defending Gase and his offensive system.  Use any evasion, distraction or red herring you like to detract from what I have been explaining.  The clock is ticking.  The season will start. Games will be played.  There is no way to avoid what we will all see play out on the field.  By the end of the 2020 there wont be a single fox-hole left for Gase or any of his apologists to jump in. 

Yeah, I'm complicating things.  

Or defending anyone.  Easily confused with trashing your analysis, I get that.  

Evasion, distraction and red herring? Where? Is it like you talking about zone blocking without understanding what those words mean either?  Or like bringing up the HOF or MVP to combat Darnold numbers over the last 8 games or bringing up Belichick, Parcells, Walsh etc to combat a poster?  Or to put out the cliche square peg line only to have that also blow up in the face of your argument that has gone

trash GIF

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

More of the same.... You don't understand or wont to admit that a QB as an asset is best used when the OC designs his system around the strengths of a given QB.  And for this specific thread, I say Gase has not done that with Darnold.

And your big piece of evidence to the contrary??? Bring up zone blocking and my supposed lack of understanding it.  

Sure... That does it.  

I award you with the largest "participation trophy" that has ever been bestowed on one who has tried as hard as you have regardless of results

Yes a big piece of my post is that a big part of your post, zone blockings effect on Darnolds passing game, the running game and the type of RB along with your duh moment asserting that Darnold didn't have even one decent streak are all completely and utterly wrong and the conversation useless.  Yes, that would deal with your OP and Gases offense and the alleged round peg nonsense.  There are no numbers to prove any of your zone blocking ideas are wrong, they just are because they are and because you're wrong given you have no idea about zone blocking and offense in general.  Just as your claim that you were proving things with science were comical at best and led to lots of posts poking fun at that assertion

Youre in way over your head if you converse with anyone who has even a modest knowledge of blocking schemes and offenses.  Never mind the goofy idea that Sam shouldn't pass out of the pocket and should run around like a oversized Russel Wilson.  Does that sum it up?  You started off by insulting me and now youre done

25 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Again.  You distort things to make yourself look intelligent. All the things I mentioned like zone blocking, line shifts, misdirection, play-action, running styles were to demonstrate different components of an offense.  Such has to be understood first before you can discuss designing an offense with an overall vison in mind.  And the first insult of the thread came from you, not me.

Your response was to refute the larger point of my original post by obsessing about zone blocking.  That was never a key to the larger point.  It was something you zeroed in on because you didn't like the tenor of my post and you wanted to swing your sack around.  

For all I know you coached or played football at a high level and for many years.  Even that would not give you the standing to look into your ego driven crystal ball and exclaim that others could not possibly understand blocking schemes or that they never saw a football in their life.

And now... YOU ARE DONE

Ego driven.

And after I said I'm done with you, you had to come back with "And now... YOU ARE DONE". Exactly In a nut shell who you are.  Ego driven

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

FYI... If this thread is getting slow you might want to peek in on another recent thread that I linked below.  You'll meet up with other posters who have similar things to say about Gase's coaching prowess.  There are more people you can accuse of being a football illiterate because they also realize Gase has been deficient at utilizing his assets and inept in general.  Perhaps those people don't know a single thing about blocking schemes either.  That MUST be the case...

f

More SCIENCE

Your quote

And now... YOU ARE DONE

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Question.

if two guys who both love to get the last word are having a discussion, does the discussion ever end?

So you decided to get the last word in?

Thanks!!!!😁

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Does this make me really old or really young?

Depends on the type of diaper hes wearing.  

• Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company