Ben

Mt Flushmore- NY Jets

Give 2 spots to Mike Maccagnan.  The other 2:  Trumaine Johnson, Dick Kotite.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Worst Jamal Adams hater:

a) Tom Shane

b) Beerfish

c) Jetsfan80

d) The field

How can we be "haters" if everything we say about Adams is factual?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Herm?!

The guy won 2 playoff games (should've been 3 if not for Doug Brien) and an AFC East title (which, since 1969, has only been done 1 other time in franchise history).  Not saying he was a great coach or anything but the team did pretty well under him, all things considered.

Herm lived off the talent acquired from the Parcells era, much like Rex lived off the talent brought in from the Mangini/Tannenbaum combo.  

He, like Rex, was a clown.  

I wouldn't put Herm OR Rex on this mountain over Kotite.  But both showed their true colors as coaches after the talent started to run out.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, 20andOut said:

I think they call this "recency bias"

To be fair, joewilly only lives in 20 minute increments at his institution.  So for him to remember even as far back as the late 2000s is a feat.  

6 hours ago, Ben said:

I think the jury is still out on McCagnan. He’s proven to be a bad GM, but if Darnold becomes the answer I don’t think you can put him on this list. 

He's one of the worst drafting GM's of all-time (statistically proven to be true) and was even worse at signing FA's.  Trading up to 3 in what at the time was a 2-QB draft and having one of those 2 QB's fall because of Dave Gettleman's stupidity does not give Macc a pass. 

Macc built one of the worst rosters in the NFL to surround Darnold, and that is wasting the window of Darnold on his rookie deal.  

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company