Mt Flushmore- NY Jets

12 hours ago, Ben said:

Who were the (4) worst Jets figures in history 

I’ll go with: 

1) worst HC-Rich Kotite

2) worst GM-John Idzik

3) worst draft bust-Vernon Gholston

4) worst free agent signing-Neil ODonnell 

You have a good list.  Bowles is right there with Kotite, he did a better job as a HC but Kotite was responsible for bringing in players and he did a good job leaving a talented team for Parcells.

Idzik was awful and set the franchise back but he was here only 2 years, Steinberg came with incredible hope including the hiring if Bruce Coslet.  I might go Steinberg.

Gholston is a good choice but he did at least stay a couple of years but Reggie Rembert was drafted 28th overall in 1990 and never played a game for the Jets.

Hard to argue with O'Donnell production wise but we did need some hope at the time and at least he gave us that until he actually started playing.   Trumaine might be worse

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Herm lived off the talent acquired from the Parcells era, much like Rex lived off the talent brought in from the Mangini/Tannenbaum combo.  

He, like Rex, was a clown.  

I wouldn't put Herm OR Rex on this mountain over Kotite.  But both showed their true colors as coaches after the talent started to run out.  

Parcells lived off the talent acquired by Steinberg/Kotite.  The Jets made the playoffs 1 time from. 1992-2000, made it 3 of the next 4 with Herm. Once with a team of leftovers and with each new playoff app the team was retooled.

What did mangini do with the talent "he acquired"?  Did you notice any big browns run after he was fired there?

We have some of the worst fans in sports. Will leave favre and mangini and bash those that helped us like Herm, Rex, Chad, Sanchez,...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A bad HC can screw up almost anything though.  Herm did a decent job I thought.  Don't get me wrong though.  I was glad when he was gone and I couldn't believe KC gave us a draft pick for him.

Herm was a good HC, was he bill Parcells? Of course not, there aren't many Parcells types out there but he was really good for this franchise.  

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

Worst first round draft picks: Lam Jones, Blair Thomas, gholsten, Calvin Pryor

Lam and Blair actually had some good moments though, they didn't live up to their draft position but weren't complete busts.

On 5/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, jago said:

i distinctly recall seeing kotite line them up. not sure about holtz.
maybe RK was emulating..

Kotite definitely had the team line up in numerical order for the National Anthem.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company