Texas allowing Pro Sports with fans in attendance at 25%

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The bigger question is whether professional leagues will allow some teams to play in front of fans while others cannot.

Correct. 

I would like to see an all or nothing approach - either every team can have some fans in the stands or none of them can. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I hear Ireland is going to resume being pale, pasty and unathletic on July 1st. @T0mShane can you confirm? You still have relatives that are conscious some of the time back home?

Italian soccer stars can play through anything because chain-smoking cigarettes while kicking a ball wards off germs 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Correct. 

I would like to see an all or nothing approach - either every team can have some fans in the stands or none of them can. 

I respectfully disagree. Every state is at a different level of severity in this and if a Texas wants to open up their stadiums/arenas that’s fine. Why should they have to wait for New York to be ready?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I respectfully disagree. Every state is at a different level of severity in this and if a Texas wants to open up their stadiums/arenas that’s fine. Why should they have to wait for New York to be ready?

Because home teams in Texas would presumably inherit an unfair competitive advantage over home teams in New York.

It has nothing to do with COVID. This would be an NFL stipulation to ensure that all 32 teams are playing under the same set of circumstances. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Because home teams in Texas would presumably inherit an unfair competitive advantage over home teams in New York.

It has nothing to do with COVID. This would be an NFL stipulation to ensure that all 32 teams are playing under the same set of circumstances. 

They’re playing away games anyway though so they’re already supposed to be in a hostile environment. If certain teams can’t have fans the rest of the league shouldn’t be held back. 

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

They’re playing away games anyway though so they’re already supposed to be in a hostile environment. If certain teams can’t have fans the rest of the league shouldn’t be held back. 

Debatable. 

I wouldn't be too bothered either way, but I like the idea of keeping things equitable. 

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but a number of us have been saying for weeks that the NFL has a great shot to have some kind of season. 

Yes it does, but these announcements are nothing more than optimistic plans. We have no idea what landscape will be like in September let alone December. NFL season could get started and this thing could really ramp back up in the middle of the season and force a shutdown like it did in NBA and NHL.

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Playing field must be equal.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's looking like the "every sports season will dEfInItElY be cancelled crowd" shot their wads a little prematurely. 

You really stuck it to the like..two people who said there would no season whatsoever. Do you also dunk on toddlers who have those fisher price basketball hoops?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Yes it does, but these announcements are nothing more than optimistic plans. We have no idea what landscape will be like in September let alone December. NFL season could get started and this thing could really ramp back up in the middle of the season and force a shutdown like it did in NBA and NHL.

That’s possible. My guess is that doesn’t happen, but we’ll see. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

NHL

Yep. And Canada now has some new lockdowns. 

If this continues look for every team to relocate to Texas. 

Waco Phillies

El Paso Bruins 

San Antonio Pistons 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Vader said:

Yep. And Canada now has some new lockdowns. 

If this continues look for every team to relocate to Texas. 

Waco Phillies

El Paso Bruins 

San Antonio Pistons 

Oh man.  That would suck!  Everything would become as overrated as their college football teams!