Jump to content
jetstream23

Texas allowing Pro Sports with fans in attendance at 25%

Recommended Posts

Per ESPN.  The doors are starting to open. Sounds like Texas will be first to allow sports with some level of fan attendance.

IMG_2179.thumb.jpg.32ffae288a01ef26ad501a2d07051657.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's looking like the "every sports season will dEfInItElY be cancelled crowd" shot their wads a little prematurely. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slimjasi said:

It's looking like the "every sports season will dEfInItElY be cancelled crowd" shot their wads a little prematurely. 

Baseball is not looking promising at this point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Baseball is not looking promising at this point.  

Sure, but a number of us have been saying for weeks that the NFL has a great shot to have some kind of season. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously different country, but the Italian soccer league just announced its resuming June 20th. Italy was arguably hit worse than the US per capita. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Baseball is not looking promising at this point.  

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Baseball is not looking promising at this point.  

That's because of contract issues not because of COVID related fears. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bigger question is whether professional leagues will allow some teams to play in front of fans while others cannot.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's because of contract issues not because of COVID related fears. 

The contract issues come with having the season delayed by COVID no?  That was my point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The bigger question is whether professional leagues will allow some teams to play in front of fans while others cannot.

Correct. 

I would like to see an all or nothing approach - either every team can have some fans in the stands or none of them can. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans can select which arm or which leg to attend with?

In other news social distance can vary based on who you are socially distancing from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I hear Ireland is going to resume being pale, pasty and unathletic on July 1st. @T0mShane can you confirm? You still have relatives that are conscious some of the time back home?

Italian soccer stars can play through anything because chain-smoking cigarettes while kicking a ball wards off germs 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Correct. 

I would like to see an all or nothing approach - either every team can have some fans in the stands or none of them can. 

I respectfully disagree. Every state is at a different level of severity in this and if a Texas wants to open up their stadiums/arenas that’s fine. Why should they have to wait for New York to be ready?

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I respectfully disagree. Every state is at a different level of severity in this and if a Texas wants to open up their stadiums/arenas that’s fine. Why should they have to wait for New York to be ready?

Because home teams in Texas would presumably inherit an unfair competitive advantage over home teams in New York.

It has nothing to do with COVID. This would be an NFL stipulation to ensure that all 32 teams are playing under the same set of circumstances. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Because home teams in Texas would presumably inherit an unfair competitive advantage over home teams in New York.

It has nothing to do with COVID. This would be an NFL stipulation to ensure that all 32 teams are playing under the same set of circumstances. 

They’re playing away games anyway though so they’re already supposed to be in a hostile environment. If certain teams can’t have fans the rest of the league shouldn’t be held back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

They’re playing away games anyway though so they’re already supposed to be in a hostile environment. If certain teams can’t have fans the rest of the league shouldn’t be held back. 

Debatable. 

I wouldn't be too bothered either way, but I like the idea of keeping things equitable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Let Texas be the guinea pigs . 

Gladly accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would pretty much be me my oldest son and a midget. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but a number of us have been saying for weeks that the NFL has a great shot to have some kind of season. 

Yes it does, but these announcements are nothing more than optimistic plans. We have no idea what landscape will be like in September let alone December. NFL season could get started and this thing could really ramp back up in the middle of the season and force a shutdown like it did in NBA and NHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I respectfully disagree. Every state is at a different level of severity in this and if a Texas wants to open up their stadiums/arenas that’s fine. Why should they have to wait for New York to be ready?

Playing field must be equal.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GOLDGOLD.jpg

Some of us will be at the AFC Championship Game.

See ya, fellas.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Huge loss

Wow.  The "baseball sucks!" attitude took two less posts to present itself then I thought it would.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just let the fans decide if they want to attend or not. Under 50 and healthy you have a greater chance of being killed by lightning than by COVID. If you're at risk - 65+ or severe underlining health issues then stay at home.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's looking like the "every sports season will dEfInItElY be cancelled crowd" shot their wads a little prematurely. 

You really stuck it to the like..two people who said there would no season whatsoever. Do you also dunk on toddlers who have those fisher price basketball hoops?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You really stuck it to the like..two people who said there would no season whatsoever. Do you also dunk on toddlers who have those fisher price basketball hoops?

Lol, two people 

ok bud 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Yes it does, but these announcements are nothing more than optimistic plans. We have no idea what landscape will be like in September let alone December. NFL season could get started and this thing could really ramp back up in the middle of the season and force a shutdown like it did in NBA and NHL.

That’s possible. My guess is that doesn’t happen, but we’ll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

NHL

Yep. And Canada now has some new lockdowns. 

If this continues look for every team to relocate to Texas. 

Waco Phillies

El Paso Bruins 

San Antonio Pistons 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas is the 2nd largest economy in the US and net exports I believe are #1, beating both CA and NY combined. Texas has the 10th largest economy in the world...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vader said:

Yep. And Canada now has some new lockdowns. 

If this continues look for every team to relocate to Texas. 

Waco Phillies

El Paso Bruins 

San Antonio Pistons 

Oh man.  That would suck!  Everything would become as overrated as their college football teams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...