Texas allowing Pro Sports with fans in attendance at 25%

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I hear Ireland is going to resume being pale, pasty and unathletic on July 1st. @T0mShane can you confirm? You still have relatives that are conscious some of the time back home?

Well, the League of Ireland tends to practice extreme social distancing at most of its games anyways. I've been to games where there were more players on the pitch than crowds.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

GOLDGOLD.jpg

Some of us will be at the AFC Championship Game.

See ya, fellas.

SAR I

I wonder what will cost more: The StubHub markups for one playoff game sitting where ever the hell I damn well please in the stadium, or 10 years of sh*tty preseason tickets and a PSL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/28/2020 at 7:15 PM, Morrissey said:

Playing field must be equal.

NFL teams share revenue, and 40% of ticket sales go toward that national revenue share. Do you think teams are more interested in unfair advantage of fans in some stadiums, or getting that revenue share from the teams who can let fans in?

How does the 25% capacity rule work? Are only 25% of the sections going to be filled? If that's the case, the people in that section are still going to be right next to each other. Are they going to force people to have one seat empty on both sides of them? That still isn't going to be a difference of 6'. These 25% capacity proposals sound reasonable in theory, I just don't understand in practice how it would work. 

On 5/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, slimjasi said:

It's looking like the "every sports season will dEfInItElY be cancelled crowd" shot their wads a little prematurely. 

This will not work. The stadiums will not generate enough revenue to be fully open. A major source of income for stadiums is parking. They also will not have enough customers to open food stands. This is like opening a restaurant  at 25%. Many of the owners have said we might as well stay closed.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, BallinPB said:

The contract issues come with having the season delayed by COVID no?  That was my point.  

The season  won't  be delayed. The stadiums will be empty. There is too much revenue  from TV but to stsrt staffing a stadium, turning on all the power , staffing security, ticket takers, concession stands, ushers, etc for 25% of the normal crowd? That is a stretch. The owners will likely not turn a profit thst way. The TV money will be there no matter what, opening a stsdium that is 25% full will just eat into that. 

On 5/28/2020 at 5:17 PM, slimjasi said:

Because home teams in Texas would presumably inherit an unfair competitive advantage over home teams in New York.

It has nothing to do with COVID. This would be an NFL stipulation to ensure that all 32 teams are playing under the same set of circumstances. 

There has already been talks about that not happening. 50% of teams stadiums are closed on Sundays for away games. We might be looking at just keeping half the stadiums open to get the season started if all the states are not on the same page. I really don't  think there is a true home field advantage  unless you are the Pats and have equipment to screw up the radio communications

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

How does the 25% capacity rule work? Are only 25% of the sections going to be filled? If that's the case, the people in that section are still going to be right next to each other. Are they going to force people to have one seat empty on both sides of them? That still isn't going to be a difference of 6'. These 25% capacity proposals sound reasonable in theory, I just don't understand in practice how it would work. 

If you want to see how the 25% thing gets implemented watch any home season dolphins game from the past 10 years

• Sympathy 2

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

There has already been talks about that not happening. 50% of teams stadiums are closed on Sundays for away games. We might be looking at just keeping half the stadiums open to get the season started if all the states are not on the same page. I really don't  think there is a true home field advantage  unless you are the Pats and have equipment to screw up the radio communications

Possibly