You’re Wrong Bell is NOT washed-up!!!

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

yeah what does an NFL RB need to run fast for? 

He can just saunter up there and have tea and crumpets with Ed Oliver 

what are we talking about the RB1 runs 8 mph and everyone blames the line

iTs TeH OfFEnSIVE LinE! 

this is what Jets fans tell themselves rather than face the horrible truth Sam isn't that great (he gets his 2.5 seconds) and Bell is god awful possibly the worst starting RB in football. 

Legit the worst article I’ve ever read.

On 5/29/2020 at 8:20 AM, JiF said:

How many plays did he make something out of nothing and not lose yards last year?

I saw a lot more plays where he turned a two yard gain into a four yard loss. That said, the line play was abysmal which blew everything up, and it should be better this year so let’s see what happens

• Upvote 1

Two issues here.  Number one.  Lack of quality play from the offensive line.  The happy news here is that JD did a good job gearing up to fix that issue.  Problem number two.  Adam Gase.  He does not like the Bell contract and is out to prove it was a bad signing.   Gase has a thick skull and he wont or cant utilize Bell's talents. 

13 hours ago, JiF said:

Legit the worst article I’ve ever read.

We can talk about Cimini and the quality of the writing or whatever but AMAZON NEXT GEN STATS don't lie JiF

he didn't make up those numbers

unless you're saying he did and Bell is really Derrick Henry? 

what are you saying exactly? That Bell is fast? 

I'll say it again, BELL IS SLOW AS FFFFFFFF

so friggin slow

maybe those who watch the Jets exclusively forgot what RB speed looks like

This isn't a Curtis Martin era anymore 

55 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Two issues here.  Number one.  Lack of quality play from the offensive line.  The happy news here is that JD did a good job gearing up to fix that issue.  Problem number two.  Adam Gase.  He does not like the Bell contract and is out to prove it was a bad signing.   Gase has a thick skull and he wont or cant utilize Bell's talents. 

third problem the Running back might lose in a footrace to Q Williams 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

We can talk about Cimini and the quality of the writing or whatever but AMAZON NEXT GEN STATS don't lie JiF

he didn't make up those numbers

unless you're saying he did and Bell is really Derrick Henry? 

what are you saying exactly? That Bell is fast? 

I'll say it again, BELL IS SLOW AS FFFFFFFF

so friggin slow

maybe those who watch the Jets exclusively forgot what RB speed looks like

This isn't a Curtis Martin era anymore 

Ok, I'll give you the respect to an answer even though that article really doesnt deserve one.  First and foremost, the idea that they can clock a an individual from the stands or the TV screen on something like MPH accurately is absolutely moronic.  It's just as stupid as the myladscouting taking MPH from the stands in Indy.  Dumbest sh*t I've ever heard and Watson has sh*t all over it.  Not only is it a stupid measurement, it's not accurate.  There is zero percentage chance they clock mph accurately.  Oh and there is this whole thing of, a player isnt always hitting their top speed.  Especially when they're trying to find room to run behind the worst OL in the NFL.  In one breath, the article recognizes the OL deficiencies but in the other it's Bell is slow?  So when exactly did they get to clock his MPH,, when he had a 10 yard window?  lol  What run did Bell actually get to hit his highest gear last year?  lol  So dumb.  So dumb.  Absolutely the most moronic sh*t I've ever read, dude. 

Oh and then there is this whole other part of the conversation.  Bell has never been a speedster, even when he was the best in the business.

So anyway, stupid article, stupid data, stupid point and totally utterly meaningless. 

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ok, I'll give you the respect to an answer even though that article really doesnt deserve one.  First and foremost, the idea that they can clock a an individual from the stands or the TV screen on something like MPH accurately is absolutely moronic.  It's just as stupid as the myladscouting taking MPH from the stands in Indy.  Dumbest sh*t I've ever heard and Watson has sh*t all over it.  Not only is it a stupid measurement, it's not accurate.  There is zero percentage chance they clock mph accurately.  Oh and there is this whole thing of, a player isnt always hitting their top speed.  Especially when they're trying to find room to run behind the worst OL in the NFL.  In one breath, the article recognizes the OL deficiencies but in the other it's Bell is slow?  So when exactly did they get to clock his MPH,, when he had a 10 yard window?  lol  What run did Bell actually get to hit his highest gear last year?  lol  So dumb.  So dumb.  Absolutely the most moronic sh*t I've ever read, dude. 

Oh and then there is this whole other part of the conversation.  Bell has never been a speedster, even when he was the best in the business.

So anyway, stupid article, stupid data, stupid point and totally utterly meaningless. 

Next Gen Stats uses sensors in shoulder pads 

and these fancy things called computers

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/glossary

What is Next Gen Stats?

NFL player tracking, also known as Next Gen Stats, is the capture of real time location data, speed and acceleration for every player, every play on every inch of the field. Sensors throughout the stadium track tags placed on players' shoulder pads, charting individual movements within inches.

they aren't using radar guns you maroon 

read it and weep you will not find Bell on the fastest list

to see the full numbers you have to be ESPN and pay for a subscription 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers

but fact remains he's slow as an old man's balls 

unless you are accusing Cimini of making it all up 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I saw a lot more plays where he turned a two yard gain into a four yard loss. That said, the line play was abysmal which blew everything up, and it should be better this year so let’s see what happens

Jets fans every year: Yes, everything looked bad, and it was bad. But let’s sacrifice an entire year yet again to wait and see if the bad things really were bad. Maybe we were hallucinating. 

• Sympathy 1

So, the man carried the ball 245 times last year.  Had another 66 receptions.  Over 310 touches out of nearly 800 offensive snaps that he played.  And a guy breaks down 4 or 5 plays to illustrate his conclusion.  He may have done an exhaustive review of Bell's seasoin and used 4 or 5 representative plays to illustrate what he is seeing..  Or he may have cherrypicked a few videos to support his conclusion.

The player that I watched last season did not look like an elite back.  To me, he looked slow and lacked burst.  Yes, the OL sucked.  Yes, Bell's style is patience which can make him look hesitant and indecisive when a play is not blocked properly. But there were times when I thought that a play was there to be made, and Bell lacked explosiveness through the hole. 

With an improved line, he should be better than he was last year, but I do not expect to see the elite back that was in Pittsburgh.  I hope to be proven wrong in the coming season.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Lith said:

So, the man carried the ball 245 times last year.  Had another 66 receptions.  Over 310 touches out of nearly 800 offensive snaps that he played.  And a guy breaks down 4 or 5 plays to illustrate his conclusion.  He may have done an exhaustive review of Bell's seasoin and used 4 or 5 representative plays to illustrate what he is seeing..  Or he may have cherrypicked a few videos to support his conclusion.

The player that I watched last season did not look like an elite back.  To me, he looked slow and lacked burst.  Yes, the OL sucked.  Yes, Bell's style is patience which can make him look hesitant and indecisive when a play is not blocked properly. But there were times when I thought that a play was there to be made, and Bell lacked explosiveness through the hole. 

With an improved line, he should be better than he was last year, but I do not expect to see the elite back that was in Pittsburgh.  I hope to be proven wrong in the coming season.

Look no further than his longest run from scrimmage last year. A paltry 19 yards which is pretty much unheard of for someone with that amount of carries no matter how bad the line is. RB's don't get better and faster with age, like some here would like others too believe.

Then add in the fact that he can't turn a corner and you have a RB that probably drops a 4.9 forty right now. I'm no Gase lover but the hate he gets here for not running Bell outside is a joke. The reason he didn't run him outside is because Bell is incapable of doing it because he's so damn slow.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1