Cowboys #1 seed in the NFC

Bills win the AFC East and a home playoff game

Browns in the Playoffs

Just now, The Crusher said:

Your auto correct changed c*ck to crow. 

Thank goodness...

• Haha 1

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Thanks for the info.  I always wonder where some of these insiders come from.

He's just being T0m.

He left out the part where Schein was a regular on various talk shows, then  co-hosted a daily half hour show on SNY for about 10 years before signing a huge deal with the NFL Network and Sirius Radio about 5 years ago.

Sorry, but I have to protect those Syracuse grads.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Good look for 2 of your 3 favorite teams!  Not so much for the other one, but 2/3 isn't bad!

I'll take it... 😜

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

Syracuse ‘79  here

Love to hear it. Go Orange!!!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TNJet said:

But, but, Josh Allen is sooo much better...lmfao.

What does this even mean? What are you LMFAOing about?

At this point in their careers, there's really not much separating any of these guys, except for Lamar Jackson.

Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen were considered the top 3 of that class. Jackson has blown everyone out of the water, he's way better than all of them. Rosen has done nothing, Mayfield and Darnold haven't lived up to their hype. Allen, who was supposedly the most raw and looked at as a project type, has at the very least shown he's the equal of Darnold and Mayfield so far.

You can choose whoever you like best among those 3 and root for him, that's fine, but the truth is after two seasons none of the QBs from '18 (except for Jackson) has proven themselves as FQBs. 

You have nothing to LMFAO about.

I could care less what Schein or any of these guys think about these QBs. This is their 3rd season as starters. 

We know Jackson is the league MVP. He's already proven he's a star FQB. Darnold, Allen and Mayfield are all playing on improved teams, and have enough talent around them to win. No more excuses this year. Let's see who does... it's time. Darnold and Allen are both in probably the weakest division in the NFL. Mayfield and the Browns should at worst be a WC team, even though the North is a lot tougher than the East, no excuses for them either.

Jackson is the cream of the crop, lets sit back and see which of the other 3 (if any) can show us this year they belong in the conversation.

• Upvote 3

Just now, MindOverMatter said:

That probably has something to do with the Browns, Jets, and Cards/Fins not being good teams, making them tough spots for a rookie qb to blossom into a FQB.

Context matters, some people see it others don't. If Lamar Jackson gets drafted by the Jets, Browns, or Cardinals does he win MVP and look like the next amazing qb talent along with Mahomes and others? Maybe, but probably not. Only thing I know for certain is that those 3 teams have no where near as good of a roster as Baltimore, and Harbaugh with the rest of his coaching staff is top 5 in the league. Built a perfect offensive scheme for Lamar, meanwhile Sam is playing in his 1st season with the same offensive playbook since college, same boat Baker is in. Josh Allen is in another good situation, great D, solid OLine and offense. Imagine the Jets drafting Allen, i imagine results would have been worse.

If the Jets OLine can give Sam even average protection IMO I expect him to take a big step and look like a FQB.

I get what you're saying about Jackson and where he was drafted, I used to feel the same way. Then someone here showed what their record was their last few years Flacco was their starting QB. It wasn't good, then midway through the'18 season they pulled Flacco and gave Jackson his shot. He turned them around right away. He might have even saved Harbaugh from being fired. Remember how that was a thing at the time?

Where Harbaugh and the organization really showed their mettle though was between the '18 and '19 seasons. That's when they knew they had to go all in on Jackson. They changed their offense and personnel to fit him. Not many teams would do that for a 21 year old QB with half a season under his belt. They did, and it paid off. Now it seems like the Ravens have joined the Chiefs as one of the two "powers" of the AFC going forward.

Just now, YankeeJet22 said:

If I were the GM of the Jets, and Baltimore called to offer Jackson and  a no. 1 pick for Sam,  I'd hang up them. 

:roll:  Well, that's why you're not qualified to be the GM of the Jets. Nor will you ever be.

Just now, MindOverMatter said:

Yeah, I hear ya but they went all in on Jackson because that's what good coaching staffs do. Flacco was done at that point, molding the team around Jackson was less ballsy and more logical.

And as of right now Lamar and Baltimore are regular season stars, but in the playoffs in both of Lamars 1st two years have been bad. Losing to the Chargers in his rookie year and the Titans in his 2nd, neither were great teams and Lamar came up short in both games. If the Ravens go 11-5 this year but lose to the Bills in the WC game, what's the narrative on Jackson going forward?

Yeah, eventually a player has to take that next step, however lets not lose perspective here.

Jackson, Allen and Darnold are all just a couple of months apart in age. I don't agree with the "using age as an excuse" thing, but if we do it here, I'll give them that same excuse.

You ask a good question though, here's the best one I can give you.

I'd say it depends on how well he played in the loss, and how good was the team he lost to? I think getting to the playoffs is a big accomplishment, and there's no shame getting beat, unless you're an overwhelming favorite.

Some teams take a while longer to break through, or they're just not good enough. Then there's the "luck" factor also. Who you play, how hot are they? So many variables... I think Brees and Rodgers have one ring each. Does that mean they aren't as good as Eli? Or that they're only as good as Flacco?

I hope you don't think I ducked your question, its just a really hard one to answer...

2 hours ago, slats said:

I agree 100%. I started a thread -like last year- about it. Just what you said; these QBs are as good as their situations. It’s even more true now. John Harbaugh might be the best coach in the NFL. On 25 other teams, Lamar Jackson is a gimmick player almost giving up hope to get a fair chance. Allen is easily in the next best situation, Rosen in the worst, and Darnold and Mayfield I’m very similar, crappy boats (although Mayfield has had a lot more talent around him than Darnold). 

And Allen is Jackson lite right now. Trying to do the same things, but not doing any of them as well. If I’m a Ravens fan, I love Lamar Jackson, but I don’t really want him rushing for 1000 yards every year. I want that to be a threat, not the offense. Maybe that’s because I’m getting old, but I’ve seen a lot of running QBs in my day (Sonny!) and I’m not convinced, yet, that it’s sustainable. 

Do you think the new rules protecting QBs both in the pocket, and when out of it (sliding) could change your opinion on that?

See, I'm not worried so much about a running QB if they know when and how to get down. It's when guys like Allen and Jackson, who are still so young and probably feel invincible either look for contact or meet it head on that I worry.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TNJet said:

The fact that Josh can't hold Sam's jock at anything regarding the QB position but played on a much better team with a better head coach. Bills made the playoffs so "Allen" gets the undeserved nod as the AFC Easts best QB. I call hogwash. 

Sorry. gave up trying after "can't hold Sam's jock"

English I'm ok with, maybe even basic level Italian. I have trouble understanding Homerish though.

Just now, nico002 said:

Mayfield had the best supporting cast in the NFL and a returning OC last year- and regressed. Completely different situation than Darnold. Trollz

Things I've said about Mayfield in this thread:

1. He hasn't lived up to expectations

2. He hasn't proved anything yet

3. No excuses, this year he has to do better

Things Nico has said in this thread:

1. But, but... Sam is the bestest QB evah!!! 

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This is like when you spent all of last offseason talking about how Baker won OROY (hint, he didn’t).

If the first sentence were true, I’d agree with the second sentence. Unless “just a couple of months” is slang for 17 months.

edit: and before we wash away how little time 17 months is because it doesn’t fit the narrative, let’s remember that these are very young people we’re talking about. Growth and learning a job in the real world is amongst the highest it will ever be on an age chart - for any industry; especially for a specialized profession like quarterbacking. It’s two full off seasons of learning how to play the position, and a full season of reps to grow from. 

LJax has proven he’s creme of the crop. Allen has proven he’s a good player but a sub-par passer. Sam has proven that he’s not a bust, but he hasn’t yet proven that he’s a FQB. This is where we stand. Age in this case isn’t an excuse or a reason for any of the three; but as a proxy for experience, it’s a very valid part of the analysis.

Splitting hairs, but okay, aside from the age thing, I think we're in agreement on everything else here.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company