Jetsfan80

Schein: Bold NFL Predictions - "Sam Darnold will become a star"

On 5/31/2020 at 4:01 PM, 14 in Green said:

:roll:  Well, that's why you're not qualified to be the GM of the Jets. Nor will you ever be.

I'd say doing something like that would make him extremely qualified for the Jets gm position, tbh.

Lamar took a record number of hits including some monster shots last year- not sure wtf you’re talking about. 

On 5/31/2020 at 3:31 PM, 14 in Green said:

I could care less what Schein or any of these guys think about these QBs. This is their 3rd season as starters. 

We know Jackson is the league MVP. He's already proven he's a star FQB. Darnold, Allen and Mayfield are all playing on improved teams, and have enough talent around them to win. No more excuses this year. Let's see who does... it's time. Darnold and Allen are both in probably the weakest division in the NFL. Mayfield and the Browns should at worst be a WC team, even though the North is a lot tougher than the East, no excuses for them either.

Jackson is the cream of the crop, lets sit back and see which of the other 3 (if any) can show us this year they belong in the conversation.

Mayfield had the best supporting cast in the NFL and a returning OC last year- and regressed. Completely different situation than Darnold. Trollz

• Upvote 1

Just now, nico002 said:

Mayfield had the best supporting cast in the NFL and a returning OC last year- and regressed. Completely different situation than Darnold. Trollz

Things I've said about Mayfield in this thread:

1. He hasn't lived up to expectations

2. He hasn't proved anything yet

3. No excuses, this year he has to do better

Things Nico has said in this thread:

1. But, but... Sam is the bestest QB evah!!! 

On 5/31/2020 at 4:21 PM, 14 in Green said:

Jackson, Allen and Darnold are all just a couple of months apart in age. I don't agree with the "using age as an excuse" thing.

This is like when you spent all of last offseason talking about how Baker won OROY (hint, he didn’t).

If the first sentence were true, I’d agree with the second sentence. Unless “just a couple of months” is slang for 17 months.

edit: and before we wash away how little time 17 months is because it doesn’t fit the narrative, let’s remember that these are very young people we’re talking about. Growth and learning a job in the real world is amongst the highest it will ever be on an age chart - for any industry; especially for a specialized profession like quarterbacking. It’s two full off seasons of learning how to play the position, and a full season of reps to grow from. 

LJax has proven he’s creme of the crop. Allen has proven he’s a good player but a sub-par passer. Sam has proven that he’s not a bust, but he hasn’t yet proven that he’s a FQB. This is where we stand. Age in this case isn’t an excuse or a reason for any of the three; but as a proxy for experience, it’s a very valid part of the analysis.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

literally everything you just posted is false. Trollz

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam isn’t the best ever he’s just better than Baker Mayfield 

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This is like when you spent all of last offseason talking about how Baker won OROY (hint, he didn’t).

If the first sentence were true, I’d agree with the second sentence. Unless “just a couple of months” is slang for 17 months.

edit: and before we wash away how little time 17 months is because it doesn’t fit the narrative, let’s remember that these are very young people we’re talking about. Growth and learning a job in the real world is amongst the highest it will ever be on an age chart - for any industry; especially for a specialized profession like quarterbacking. It’s two full off seasons of learning how to play the position, and a full season of reps to grow from. 

LJax has proven he’s creme of the crop. Allen has proven he’s a good player but a sub-par passer. Sam has proven that he’s not a bust, but he hasn’t yet proven that he’s a FQB. This is where we stand. Age in this case isn’t an excuse or a reason for any of the three; but as a proxy for experience, it’s a very valid part of the analysis.

Splitting hairs, but okay, aside from the age thing, I think we're in agreement on everything else here.