Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Whats Jordan Palmer know about being a good QB? He sucked. But yes, Sam is elite.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only took that absolute goober, Joe Caporoso, what? 2 weeks to finally catch this video and stop sniffing his own farts long enough to post it on his blog.  

Great video though.  Love that Sam is still working with Jordan Palmer.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Only took that absolute goober, Joe Caporoso, what? 2 weeks to finally catch this video and stop sniffing his own farts long enough to post it on his blog.  

Great video though.  Love that Sam is still working with Jordan Palmer.

That Palmer must be making some nice coin.

It seems like so many of these young QBs go work with him...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay the course! Stay the course! Stay the course! Stay the course! Stay the course! Stay the course!

F@%K the course - I want wins and lots of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Whats Jordan Palmer know about being a good QB? He sucked.

It never ceases to amaze me how embraced this horrid logic is.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, David Harris said:

And minimal pressure fumbles from Sam in the pocket which was always the talking point before his draft.  I follow them too- a lot of tweaks in mechanics 

Josh Allen, who was another mechanical mess, was fixed up something fierce by Palmer.  Personally, I'd put him up there with Tom House as far as reliable QB gurus go.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the cult of jordan palmer is a joke

  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

the cult of jordan palmer is a joke

Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Joe Burrow, Darnold, Goff, (and plenty more high profile QBs) must all be jokes then.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Joe Burrow, Darnold, Goff, (and plenty more high profile QBs) must all be jokes then.

shall we list all the dogs too?

like jp made the above guys what they are? 

that tune is outta tune.

Smash Mike D GIF by Beastie Boys

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

the cult of jordan palmer is a joke

Jordan Palmer is the definition of a new age QB guru.  What David Cutliffe did for the Mannings he is doing for Sam. Cutliffe didn’t make the Mannings good but he cleaned up their natural talent and helped maximize their high potential.
 

That’s what Jordan Palmer does.

 

Palmer also worked with Hawaii QB Cole McDonald who was drafted in the 6th round by Tennessee this year. Palmer isn’t going to turn hamburger into steak but he’s one of the best maximizing these guys. Sam couldn’t be with a better guy.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If we listed every single failure associated with every single QB guru and judged them solely on those guys, there would be none worth discussing.  The fact of the matter is this: star QBs, both pro and collegiate, overwhelmingly pick Palmer and his group over the other guys.  There's a reason for that.

Jared Goff had sloppy footwork due to lack of snaps under center out of Cal and the fact that he played his entire collegiate career in the Air-Raid system.  By the time he took his first snaps as a rookie, this issue was cleaned up, thanks to his pre-draft training with Palmer.

Deshaun Watson had an awful hitch in his throwing motion and sloppy footwork in college.  Both issues were non-existent after pre-draft training with Palmer.

Patrick Mahomes barely used his lower body when throwing the ball, had atrocious footwork, and an elongated motion at Texas Tech.  Some pre-draft training and one full off-season with Palmer erased those nasty habits.  The Mahomes of today resembles nothing of the raw project from Texas Tech.

Sam Darnold had an incredibly elongated throwing motion and release coming out of USC.  Incredibly long.  Before his junior year, he started working with Palmer and made huge strides.  He continued working Palmer for his pre-draft training and by the time he stepped on the field for rookie camp, his mechanics were tight and compact.

Joe Burrow sought out Palmer and his joined his group to tighten his mechanics up in order to generate more torque on the ball, and improve his footwork.  He went on to have the greatest collegiate season by any QB ever and was widely considered to be a very mechanically clean prospect.

QB gurus don't "make" these guys.  They refine them and help polish them, mostly mechanically, so that they can reach their full potential.  It's still up to the players to put it all together.  That being said, Jordan and his group do incorporate film study and breakdowns into their off-season work, something that guys like Tom House or George Whitfield Jr. don't really incorporate.

I think it's overrated. You don't. Cool. Fair dinkum as they say.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If we listed every single failure associated with every single QB guru and judged them solely on those guys, there would be none worth discussing.  The fact of the matter is this: star QBs, both pro and collegiate, overwhelmingly pick Palmer and his group over the other guys.  There's a reason for that.

Jared Goff had sloppy footwork due to lack of snaps under center out of Cal and the fact that he played his entire collegiate career in the Air-Raid system.  By the time he took his first snaps as a rookie, this issue was cleaned up, thanks to his pre-draft training with Palmer.

Deshaun Watson had an awful hitch in his throwing motion and sloppy footwork in college.  Both issues were non-existent after pre-draft training with Palmer.

Patrick Mahomes barely used his lower body when throwing the ball, had atrocious footwork, and an elongated motion at Texas Tech.  Some pre-draft training and one full off-season with Palmer erased those nasty habits.  The Mahomes of today resembles nothing of the raw project from Texas Tech.

Sam Darnold had an incredibly elongated throwing motion and release coming out of USC.  Incredibly long.  Before his junior year, he started working with Palmer and made huge strides.  He continued working Palmer for his pre-draft training and by the time he stepped on the field for rookie camp, his mechanics were tight and compact.

Joe Burrow sought out Palmer and his joined his group to tighten his mechanics up in order to generate more torque on the ball, and improve his footwork.  He went on to have the greatest collegiate season by any QB ever and was widely considered to be a very mechanically clean prospect.

QB gurus don't "make" these guys.  They refine them and help polish them, mostly mechanically, so that they can reach their full potential.  It's still up to the players to put it all together.  That being said, Jordan and his group do incorporate film study and breakdowns into their off-season work, something that guys like Tom House or George Whitfield Jr. don't really incorporate.

Are you talking about the same Tom House who pitched and coached in MLB?

I knew he became a top pitching instructor, is he now working with NFL QBs on their mechanics also?

*Man I hope it's the same guy, or the "do you even watch the games????" crowd will be all over me for asking this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Are you talking about the same Tom House who pitched and coached in MLB?

I knew he became a top pitching instructor, is he now working with NFL QBs on their mechanics also?

*Man I hope it's the same guy, or the "do you even watch the games????" crowd will be all over me for asking this...

Yup. He's most known for his work with Brady, but he works, or has worked, with Alex Smith, Dak Prescott, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer (when he played, now Carson helps Jordan out), Luck, Bortles, and plenty more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yup. He's most known for his work with Brady, but he works, or has worked, with Alex Smith, Dak Prescott, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer (when he played, now Carson helps Jordan out), Luck, Bortles, and plenty more.

Wasn’t the dak hip thing a Tom house drill? 
thought I saw someone doing it in a show about him 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I'm super excited by Jordan Palmer's latest  speaking of future greatness. 

Whomever Jordan Palmer sprinkles pixie dust on, they're destined for QB greatness...right?

 

"When Jets Quarterback Christian Hackenberg left Penn State he hired a nutritionist and a Quarterback coach. That Quarterback coach was Jordan Palmer. Palmer has worked with Hackenberg on his footwork, throw angle and more. It was refreshing to get the inside track from someone that actually work with Hackenberg instead of the people who have already quit on him.

Palmer: a lot of the stuff that I do installing for the draft, even when I was training Christian, I stole from what Josh did. When I was sitting at 9 at night, I was backing Josh up when (Jay) Cutler got hurt in Chicago. So I stole a lot of the stuff from Josh. How he prepares, how he thinks, so the fact that Christian got to go sit with that and Mike (Maccagnan) and Todd (Bowles) have been so patient with him. Christian doesn’t really care what everyone says, same with Blake Bortels, which is why Blake was able to have the best game of his life when it mattered the most in the AFC Championship game. And I think Christian is still a guy who will play in this league and I’m really excited because this is the biggest offseason of his life. He’s going to get an opportunity and I think he’s going to be a kid who runs with it.

 



Read More: QB Jordan Palmer Expects Big Things From Christian Hackenberg | https://1045theteam.com/qb-coach-jordan-palmer-expects-big-things-from-christian-hackenberg-audio/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dd.jpg

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Larz said:

Wasn’t the dak hip thing a Tom house drill? 
thought I saw someone doing it in a show about him 

Yup.  Sure, it looks funny, but hey, it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

Back up, failed QBs make the best coaches. Everyone should know this by now. That’s not sarcasm either. 

bellichiken played qb?  he played db at wesleyan.  tom landry played qb?  he played db for the giaints.  don shula played qb?  he played lb for the browns. brian billick played lb and te in college. bill walsh played qb and then te and de in college. bill parcells played lb in college.  pete carroll played db in college.  sean mcvay played wr.  kyle shanahan played wr.

gruden, payton and gibbs played qb in college. sam wyche was an nfl qb. mike shanahan played qb.  mike holmgren played qb (usc).

i agree with the premise that the guys on the end of the bench make good coaches but how much of that is due to the need to be employed after the career ends or just being a better coach than the star players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

Back up, failed QBs make the best coaches. Everyone should know this by now. That’s not sarcasm either. 

It's really annoying that people think otherwise. Was Vince Lombardi the best player in the NFL ever? What about Red Auerbach, Bellicheat, Bill Walsh, Greg Popovich? What makes a great coach is their understanding and passion for the game and an ability to communicated it to players. Jordan Palmer made it to the NFL. How many of the guys that criticize him are in the top 64 in the country in a highly competitive field? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 1:23 AM, Mogglez said:

If we listed every single failure associated with every single QB guru and judged them solely on those guys, there would be none worth discussing.  The fact of the matter is this: star QBs, both pro and collegiate, overwhelmingly pick Palmer and his group over the other guys.  There's a reason for that.

Jared Goff had sloppy footwork due to lack of snaps under center out of Cal and the fact that he played his entire collegiate career in the Air-Raid system.  By the time he took his first snaps as a rookie, this issue was cleaned up, thanks to his pre-draft training with Palmer.

Deshaun Watson had an awful hitch in his throwing motion and sloppy footwork in college.  Both issues were non-existent after pre-draft training with Palmer.

Patrick Mahomes barely used his lower body when throwing the ball, had atrocious footwork, and an elongated motion at Texas Tech.  Some pre-draft training and one full off-season with Palmer erased those nasty habits.  The Mahomes of today resembles nothing of the raw project from Texas Tech.

Sam Darnold had an incredibly elongated throwing motion and release coming out of USC.  Incredibly long.  Before his junior year, he started working with Palmer and made huge strides.  He continued working Palmer for his pre-draft training and by the time he stepped on the field for rookie camp, his mechanics were tight and compact.

Joe Burrow sought out Palmer and his joined his group to tighten his mechanics up in order to generate more torque on the ball, and improve his footwork.  He went on to have the greatest collegiate season by any QB ever and was widely considered to be a very mechanically clean prospect.

QB gurus don't "make" these guys.  They refine them and help polish them, mostly mechanically, so that they can reach their full potential.  It's still up to the players to put it all together.  That being said, Jordan and his group do incorporate film study and breakdowns into their off-season work, something that guys like Tom House or George Whitfield Jr. don't really incorporate.

Great post. Obviously greatness is innate, but getting there requires coaching, nurturing and developing the natural talent. If you include behavioral sciences, there's even more that goes into greatness.

Unless of course, the belief is that Peyton Manning and Patrick Mahommes were/will be there same world beaters in their prime as the were at 15, 18, 21 years of age due simply to a supernatural gift imparted on them either at conception or birth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All position guys go to these types of coaches, and I'll be the first to tell you most of the highest level coaches are players that careers never panned out or were cut short due to injury.  Palmer is one of the best in the QB training markets for sure, and he gets great results.  Rashad Whitfield which I'm sure most everyone here has never heard of, was a walk on at the university of houston as a defensive back, whose career was cut short due to injury (shoulder injury i believe). He is now runs one of the premiere footwork camps in the country working with some of the best players at every level.  A ton of top players go to him every offseason to work on position specific footwork. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...