Your top 3 classic rock songs of all-time

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So sexy!!!  That video cranking on a 70 inch tv in the dark is absolutely enough by itself. Provided it don’t give you a seizure. 

If there is one video that might actually give a person a seizure it's "Midnight Mover" by Accept.  First time I saw this on TV, I got so nauseous I almost puked.  Good tune, though.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If there is one video that might actually give a person a seizure it's "Midnight Mover" by Accept.  First time I saw this on TV, I got so nauseous I almost puked.  Good tune, though.

More nauseous like a dam merry go round. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jethead said:

The Beatles or The Stones? Good vs evil!

The Beatles were the more impactful group.  But because of their longevity and sheer catalogue of great music, The Stones get the nod as the better group.  Even though, obviously, the Beatles had so many incredible songs in such a short time.

Cop out answer, I know.

11 hours ago, Jethead said:

The Beatles or The Stones? Good vs evil!

I could spend the day just noodling around on my acoustic with Keith's riffs.   I love the overall vibe of the Stones' sound.  

But gun to my head, I pick the Beatles.  All these years later, most of us can hum the melodies and sing the words to every one of their songs.  As good as Stones' albums were, I don't think they hold a candle to the Beatles in their heyday.  Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, Rubber Soul, The White Album; these are all masterworks most bands would have killed just to produce one of this quality.  They all changed the direction of rock/pop music.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I could spend the day just noodling around on my acoustic with Keith's riffs.   I love the overall vibe of the Stones' sound.  

But gun to my head, I pick the Beatles.  All these years later, most of us can hum the melodies and sing the words to every one of their songs.  As good as Stones' albums were, I don't think they hold a candle to the Beatles in their heyday.  Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, Rubber Soul, The White Album; these are all masterworks most bands would have killed just to produce one of this quality.  They all changed the direction of rock/pop music.

Meet the Beatles was the first LP I ever bought. The White Album is my favorite album. Get Back is my #1 single.

Let it Bleed tops my list for the Stones.

The Dead have covered many tunes from both!

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The Beatles were the more impactful group.  But because of their longevity and sheer catalogue of great music, The Stones get the nod as the better group.  Even though, obviously, the Beatles had so many incredible songs in such a short time.

Cop out answer, I know.

Yea you sound like the beatles had a short career. Not true. And in that time they were prolific. They were also innovative AF and wrote hooks and anthems that wil live on for centuries.

now I love the stones too but they were and are a straight up rock and roll band. Not much innovation

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2020 at 12:19 PM, The Crimson King said:

So, era and criteria?

I never get this category right. Always thought of it as 70's dorm room vinyl FM "singles" which disqualifies that one know-it-all-guy who has a huge collection of stuff that no one has heard of by bands that got no airplay other than WNEW-FM at night.

So no Mahavishnu, RTF, 11th House, Weather Report, KC, Yes, Genesis, ELP, Procol Harum/Trower, Beck, TOP or other prog or jazz, OK? How's:

1. Rock and Roll Hootchie Koo - Johnny's version

2. Run, Run, Run - Jo Jo Gunne

3. Kitty's Back - Springsteen (OK, OK, yes that's David Sancious doing the organ solo). Alternative would be NYC Serenade (and yeah, Sancious does that piano opening too)

No Mahavishnu? That’s just not right! 

• Haha 1