WMCJ Mafia Game Thread

16 minutes ago, Drums said:

Okay, @Jetscode1, if you are playing it up differently this game, what was your strategy starting D1? 

Strategy?  I usually joke around till the game gets serious and then watch for people searching for low-hanging fruit.  The Pac train was to a degree low-hanging fruit plus the guy never gets crap on Day 1 (even though he earns it) so if he was the lynch so be it.  Barry makes this bullsh*t case NOT because of what I did but on his expectation of how I should play.  This is not his first game trying this angle.  You've done similar this game.  I guess, I'm not aggressive enough for either of you this Day 1.  Rule 14.  

Questions for you?  Am I not aggressive enough for you based upon your observations in past games with me or my general reputation?  How many games have you played with me? 

Each game is different, require different tactics based upon the play of others especially when the games turned quickly from cuckoldry jokes and brick shot gifs to serious let's get JC lynched on Day 1.  The whole case is contrived and you've contributed to that.  I get it.  You're trying to appear aggressive, we appreciate that but it doesn't guarantee you're town and comes off as self-serving. 

You want to lynch me Day 1 again go for it.  I've played this game for a (sad to say) decade.  I've been a day 1 lynch often.  I've also played and a low-volume poster.  In fact, I would argue that's more my meta then a Day 1 scum hunter over the years  Ape usually was the bull in the china shop.  As he stated, he needs to change up his play because he got accused of not playing the way he did before.  I'm trying to adjust to the new players as well.  Using meta is only one way to hunt.  I'd rather look for low-hanging fruits chasers with an occasional reaction test to move the game forward.  This game got serious before I did and I've played defense ever since.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Strategy?  I usually joke around till the game gets serious and then watch for people searching for low-hanging fruit.  The Pac train was to a degree low-hanging fruit plus the guy never gets crap on Day 1 (even though he earns it) so if he was the lynch so be it.  Barry makes this bullsh*t case NOT because of what I did but on his expectation of how I should play.  This is not his first game trying this angle.  You've done similar this game.  I guess, I'm not aggressive enough for either of you this Day 1.  Rule 14.  

Questions for you?  Am I not aggressive enough for you based upon your observations in past games with me or my general reputation?  How many games have you played with me? 

Each game is different, require different tactics based upon the play of others especially when the games turned quickly from cuckoldry jokes and brick shot gifs to serious let's get JC lynched on Day 1.  The whole case is contrived and you've contributed to that.  I get it.  You're trying to appear aggressive, we appreciate that but it doesn't guarantee you're town and comes off as self-serving. 

You want to lynch me Day 1 again go for it.  I've played this game for a (sad to say) decade.  I've been a day 1 lynch often.  I've also played and a low-volume poster.  In fact, I would argue that's more my meta then a Day 1 scum hunter over the years  Ape usually was the bull in the china shop.  As he stated, he needs to change up his play because he got accused of not playing the way he did before.  I'm trying to adjust to the new players as well.  Using meta is only one way to hunt.  I'd rather look for low-hanging fruits chasers with an occasional reaction test to move the game forward.  This game got serious before I did and I've played defense ever since.  

See I asked my question because you said your meta changes but I think that's purposeful so if your meta has already changed, I wanted to know what you were going for. As you say, sometimes you set out to play a certain way.

To answer your question: I've played 3 games with you I think and you are definitely different in this one. You were voting this, voting that, trying to cause reactions to things in the most recent one I played with you and no one could get a read on you but you acted like it was easy to read you (you actually said that) because you always play the same way. So I'm still trying to figure out which it is, that you change or that you are the same. The fact that no one has really come in to defend you isn't looking good either.

I'm not trying to act aggressive here to put on a show. I think it would be so much easier, if I were scum, to just come in and not do anything and blame apathy like quite a few here. Instead, I'm trying to make it hard on scum. 

40 minutes ago, Drums said:

See I asked my question because you said your meta changes but I think that's purposeful so if your meta has already changed, I wanted to know what you were going for. As you say, sometimes you set out to play a certain way.

To answer your question: I've played 3 games with you I think and you are definitely different in this one. You were voting this, voting that, trying to cause reactions to things in the most recent one I played with you and no one could get a read on you but you acted like it was easy to read you (you actually said that) because you always play the same way. So I'm still trying to figure out which it is, that you change or that you are the same. The fact that no one has really come in to defend you isn't looking good either.

I'm not trying to act aggressive here to put on a show. I think it would be so much easier, fi I were scum, to just come in and not do anything and blame apathy like quite a few here. Instead, I'm trying to make it hard on scum. 

lol, I'm rarely defended.  My voting this way and that way is not always appreciated.  I think my style confuses others and most will not go out on a limb to defend me. 

You're aggressiveness is appreciated.  I'm not suggesting otherwise.  It just takes me awhile to adjust to the expectations of new players especially as talented a group as we've seen since the DM invasion of years ago.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Let me know if I subbed in For.. k! Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Slowly I hope 

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just one? Tease!

^^^another guy not really playing serious^^^

Never lynched Day 1.