WMCJ Mafia Game Thread

On 6/5/2020 at 8:30 PM, Drums said:

This attack comes off very towny to me. Then he unvotes 80 when it gets cleared up. I think Ape's a wasted lynch D1 joke or not so I won't be voting there. I think JETS jumping on the Ape train and then asking about how the lynch is going to go looks bad.

Yes, you are very townie. 

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

Trying to catch up 

before I place my vote @Arsis you're still self-voting care to move your vote or say anything else non relevant to Ape ?

I definitely unvote. JiF must have missed it. I thought I did.

Unvote vote dpr

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I definitely unvote. JiF must have missed it. I thought I did.

Unvote vote dpr

Yea I'm on page 17 right now re-reading everything you def unvoted. 

Ok I've seen some more thoughts from you about the game will be back.

21 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

What?  Barry's entire case rests on his pre-conceived notion that I always vote self voters.  I do often push self voters but the game dictates whether I vote them or I ignore it.  Not sure what else to say.  Rule 14 comers to mind.  The one game he keeps referencing saw me push Arsis for self voting.  I eventually was the day 1 mis-lynch for my efforts.  Who played a pivotal role in my lynch?  Barry.  What was Arsis that game?   Scum.  If anything, you would think he would connect the dots and vote Arsis here.  The pattern is Arsis self-votes = Arsis is scum.  Instead, he concocts this garbage case on me because I didn't vote the self voter Arsis.  Instead, I kept a reaction vote on Pac cause well he's Pac and I wanted to get him to play.  You guys want to lynch me go ahead.  I have very little invested at this point.  So again, Rule 14.

I'm ok with this whole post.

I don't see the vote on you

21 hours ago, Drums said:

Besides that, you typically vote and unvote people, and in your own way you get content going with your chaos. You haven't driven anything besides voting the person voting you. You voted Pac early and stayed on him. The way this game was going, scum was probably thinking they could just coast right to night and Ape/Pac could be an easy lynch.

Then Arsis self voted and a train built but you didn't even join it for fun, which is not what I'd expect from you either. 

I've played with JC when he was town the one were I literally lost to Nyn he barely voted and was in and out. 

He doesn't always bounce around and vote self voters.

The self vote thing on JC I mentioned that before too. 

In addition, to mention the Pac vote is a meh also everyone votes Pac even your most towny (Barry) as a joke. Just like Verb votes 80 & viceversa,

I don't see the JC case. 

I'd like to say if Ape & Arsis are dragging their little feud from the other game to hide as scum mates I think that's really cute I'll keep an eye on you guys. 

22 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Wow so actual gameplay stuff, nice. I like how Drums entered and immediately started questioning and making people take stands. Shook the game into shape during what was looking to be a lackadaisical D1.

JC’s reaction to Barry’s case is a worse look for him than the case itself IMO, specifically piggybacking Arsis’ defense of him rather than making his own defense. Then going OMGUS on Barry and trying to throw shade on Drums for setting up lynches with shoddy logic.

i have some thoughts on other players I think bear discussion as well when I get a chance to type them out

@JiF can we get a VC?

I like this post ^, 

18 hours ago, Drums said:

@AVM @Jetsfan80 @CTM @GATA

18 hours ago, Drums said:

Bitch if these people aren't going to play I'm almost ready to start lynching them

of the 4 which would you take out first? Just a note I have been absent all weekend too and you didn't mention me here

14 hours ago, GATA said:

Sorry I’ve been busy for one, 2. it’s the weekend and 3. the country is burning down. Nothing too crazy I’m going to catch up tomorrow as well. 

For real, I remember the days when weekends were essentially a "time-out" now its almost the busiest part of the game which does not work well for my schedule.

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Ugh some of the stuff on here is making me have to have thoughts. I didn’t intend to do much thinking until day 2. 

12 hours ago, Drums said:

Cool. I'll just put this here while you do that

Unvote vote Kdels

Though its not a lot this comment by kdels is "off" , interesting and drums noticed.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@Drums was very active around the time I made this post and ignored  the fact that I mistakenly thought GATA replaced Nolder, when he did. Weird.

OK I am admittedly running on about 4 hours of sleep and a lot of coffee since Friday. What are you getting at here? Yes Gata replaced Smash, and Drums replaced Nolder. but I am not sure the point to this. 

Before I vote....

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Ugh some of the stuff on here is making me have to have thoughts. I didn’t intend to do much thinking until day 2. 

why make this unprompted comment. does not feel like a town comment 

--------------------------

I will be around for deadline

20 hours ago, DPR said:

I love the smell of town on town violence in the morning. It reminds me of failure.

This is not a good look Pirate even though I love your alcoholic ways how do you know it's town on town?

20 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

crap - I thought GATA replaced Nolder. You're right it was Drums.

scum usually doesn't read ... 

There was a whole post where I said I can't vote for Nolder

• Upvote 1

Just now, GATA said:

This is not a good look Pirate even though I love your alcoholic ways how do you know it's town on town?

I was thinking similarly and that comment made me remember the opening scene....

On 6/1/2020 at 7:11 AM, JiF said:

On the courts of Venice Beach, looks can be deceiving and if you make your living gambling on your game, then you have to be wary of hustlers like yourself.  Sidney Deane learned the hard way when he was hustled by a slow geeky white chump named Billy Hoyle.  Sidney being the opportunist he is, saw the he could leverage Billy's chumpness to hustle others players in the area.  Billy and Sidney were cruising, quickly becoming the best 2 man game in the area.  The only 2 they need to beat to own the courts once and for all were the legendary King and Duck.  The King and Duck are ruthless and will do anything to preserve the legacy.   Can Billy and Sidney come together to unseat the greatest to ever run the courts?  We shall see but that's not the only thing they need to worry about.  You see, Billy has some debts that he hasnt paid and he's being hunted by 2 brothers who will do anything to collect what their owned.

Billy and Sidney have some allies but is it enough to help them survive these mean streets?  

Lets toss the ball at center court and find out! 

Game on! 

I read this and unless its just because I am sleep deprived I read it as multiple factions, or the possibility.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

OK I am admittedly running on about 4 hours of sleep and a lot of coffee since Friday. What are you getting at here? Yes Gata replaced Smash, and Drums replaced Nolder. but I am not sure the point to this. 

I was just pointing out that I thought it was odd drums didn't correct me there when he came in swinging.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Drums said:

See I asked my question because you said your meta changes but I think that's purposeful so if your meta has already changed, I wanted to know what you were going for. As you say, sometimes you set out to play a certain way.

To answer your question: I've played 3 games with you I think and you are definitely different in this one. You were voting this, voting that, trying to cause reactions to things in the most recent one I played with you and no one could get a read on you but you acted like it was easy to read you (you actually said that) because you always play the same way. So I'm still trying to figure out which it is, that you change or that you are the same. The fact that no one has really come in to defend you isn't looking good either.

I'm not trying to act aggressive here to put on a show. I think it would be so much easier, if I were scum, to just come in and not do anything and blame apathy like quite a few here. Instead, I'm trying to make it hard on scum. 

I think what he's trying to say (if you're not JC, sorry) 

Players tactics change to cater to their feeling of the game, sometimes they play more aggressive, sometimes less, sometimes players will play up their preconceived meta  as scum as well (WIFOM). Now if you want to note patterns that's ok but you can't just paint it with a wide brush.

Personally speaking, I prefer to feel out the players throughout the game. It helps more try to rationalize their opinion. But yea going after Meta's I don't think is always the best. Day 1 sucks to help do that as well, especially with the joking around that happens. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

I like this post ^, 

of the 4 which would you take out first? Just a note I have been absent all weekend too and you didn't mention me here

For real, I remember the days when weekends were essentially a "time-out" now its almost the busiest part of the game which does not work well for my schedule.

Though its not a lot this comment by kdels is "off" , interesting and drums noticed.

Out of them, the first I'd like to Lynch would be the one that comes back and tries to post but is just off. If that doesn't happen, I'd analyze who did come back and what they said and then go from there. I didn't mention you because I feel you have some other issues to attend to and playing with you in every game I've played, I feel like what you have posted is pretty normal day 1 Stark. I could be wrong but the one game you were scum was definitely a bit different than this.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was just pointing out that I thought it was odd drums didn't correct me there when he came in swinging.

I addressed this but also weird that you didn't realize Gata and Nolder were playing at the same time..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

My concern is long term. Joke votes and weird trains let’s you look at real decisions over the next few days. Push, push, push early creates bad info that gets double downed on. It’s risk and reward. You Have been asking questions, Barry has been making accusations it’s why I chose Barry over you. 

I don't agree. I doubt anyone really goes back to D1 and pulls some joke vote and uses it against you (hey, it's possible) but giving out some reads and commenting on action, even votes, help establish a baseline to look at later. We're wrong more often than not on D1 and I think everyone knows that. If you don't post, I can't read you at all and that's just no help at all either way.

1 hour ago, AVM said:

If there's not a full page review somewhere during this catch-up I'm going to be unbelievably disappointed

And to clarify this is not an excuse

I don't know, do you?

Wait...so is the case JC won't vote Arsis and his self-vote because he's teammates with Arsis?

Because while Arsis is defending him it seemed like Barry's gotcha was just to JC?

Page 11

Yeah I got a little hungry there for a sec but I've changed my mind on whether or not they're teammates at this point in time. Possible but Arsis isn't really a suspect for me right now. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

My concern is long term. Joke votes and weird trains let’s you look at real decisions over the next few days. Push, push, push early creates bad info that gets double downed on. It’s risk and reward. You Have been asking questions, Barry has been making accusations it’s why I chose Barry over you. 

I thought you voted JC because of what Barry said originally. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I think Drums made a good point that you seem to be ignoring the little game content available in favor of bs'ing. It's a minor thing but not a lot to go on at this point. There's also the fact that Nolder quitting could indicate scum - but that's admittedly a gross line.

Ah this... 

Funny how here you say this ^  when there's also guys like @CTM completely absent and not to mention I addressed why ...

In addition, to the fact here you clearly say "fact that Nolder quitting could indicate scum" therefore your logic would drive you to  Vote Drums ?

No, genius?

20 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

crap - I thought GATA replaced Nolder. You're right it was Drums.

Just now, GATA said:

Ah this... 

Funny how here you say this ^  when there's also guys like @CTM completely absent and not to mention I addressed why ...

In addition to the fact here you clearly say "fact that Nolder quitting could indicate scum" therefore your logic would drive you to  Vote Drums ?

No genius?

I haven't voted you yet, have I?

I am still suspect of that spot but Drums is one of the few who seems to be actively playing trying to find scum, so I'm not voting him for now unless something else comes up.

The diff between you and CTM is that you were here ignoring the little actual game related stuff and sticking on the BS. CTM is just absent. I could easily vote any of the absentees too.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I'm souring on Kdels. Anyone else?  Haven't forgotten about JC but some of his defense felt genuine so I'm looking at some other avenues: Kdels and DPR mainly

I'm more so concerned on the DPR quote and you also slightly did that by calling me town (but I will circle back to making you a possibility later on in the game) I personally think it's hard for scum to sub out they usually have a clear idea of how to play their character and lie.

I can't see Nolder quitting as scum but then again he's mad emo so it can be a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I haven't voted you yet, have I?

I am still suspect of that spot but Drums is one of the few who seems to be actively playing trying to find scum, so I'm not voting him for now unless something else comes up.

The diff between you and CTM is that you were here ignoring the little actual game related stuff and sticking on the BS. CTM is just absent. I could easily vote any of the absentees too.

The point is you put your 3 scum and mention points I can literally debunk.

So wasn't everyone who technically was active doing the same. So put everyone including Arsis for continuing to talk about Cucking no?

I would expect it if that is your logic. 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

And I know the weekend is usually down time but I got here Thursday night so you can blame me @Stark

I think he's more so referencing how aggressive you were specifically on Sat- Sun.