WMCJ Mafia Game Thread

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

Half the game is hiding.  I still think Barry is scum.  Could also vote Pac or Crusher but doubt the town has the will to lynch either.  

Yeah I've played with Crusher three times and he does seem to have a shield day 1. Never serious. 2/3 times he was town. First game, town, he subbed out early. Second game he was scum (mother ****er) and lasted maybe until endgame, I don't remember. Then last game I was suspicious of him and his lack of seriousness on D1, poked at him a little, but then he died that night and was town so I don't have much on him right now.

@DPR seemed to have some thoughts on Crusher though, I'd love to hear that.

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Drums has been active so I'm not willing to go there but Nolder has shown a lack of energy lately and scum usually requires more so maybe he chose to bail for that reason.  

Nolder bailed because of GATA not because of inactivity. At least that's how I saw it. He probably still has more posts than some people still in the game. 

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah, the JC heat definitely died down. People don't want to vote there, which is why I've tried moving on and focusing on other people, but I still don't understand your vote on Barry-- the guy you felt good voting with prior to the heat dying down. I know you said he was making accusations but can you elaborate on that vote?

And I think not posting hurts the cause worse. You give scum a chance to hide because process of elimination gets harder. I don't care what day it is I want to see interaction. Lynches and trains do give the most info but I'd like to see the thought behind things as early as possible even if it is wrong. 

I think there should be interaction and conversation but the info comes from votes and trains. The bad casing hurts the cause long term. There was a game a few back where I gave away the masons clearly if you look at my votes but people looked at my words instead and followed my joke posting into weird conclusions. Bad casing, too much info, gives scum something to hide behind.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Have you given opinions on everyone? I’m pretty okay voting Barry. He has been quick to finger point and at best it’s not helpful and at worst it’s scummy. 

If he’d accused JC of something and left it there, I’d feel pretty good about it. Instead, he got off that one and started to seek the next shoddy casing. Too much for me to stay where I was. 

Also, I think Crusher is town. Just feels that way. 

Please explain what you're referring to when you say "started to seek the next shoddy casing"? You said that as if the first was shoddy. IDGAF if you think it's shoddy but why follow my vote if you think it's shoddy casing?

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2020 at 4:45 PM, Integrity28 said:

I’m very unlikeable, but I wouldn’t characterize me as an easy lynch. I’m sure anyone that feels like being honest will attest to that

^^^ The most self-awareness Ape has demonstrated in his entire JN Mafia career.

• Haha 3

On 6/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, kdels62 said:

That’s weird framing. So you go and have 3 pages of cuck talk and foolishness that I just don’t care for but my lack of interest is the anti-town part. Did your cuck talk enlighten you into some truth? 

Arsis is all about "Do as I say, not as I do."  It makes me laugh.  

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Have you given opinions on everyone? I’m pretty okay voting Barry. He has been quick to finger point and at best it’s not helpful and at worst it’s scummy. 

If he’d accused JC of something and left it there, I’d feel pretty good about it. Instead, he got off that one and started to seek the next shoddy casing. Too much for me to stay where I was. 

Also, I think Crusher is town. Just feels that way. 

Well, like you said, no one seemed to get on the JC train and I don't think any new evidence will prevail so I've cooled on that a bit but it was helpful to get the game going and I took full advantage.  

Barring something crazy, I am not going to vote: Barry, ape, jvill, arsis, stark, crusher, and even gata. 

80 is here reading now and I generally wasn't very suspicious of him because he does have that other thread and he hasn't done anything pingy to me when he was here before

If we as a town decide JC makes the most sense I could go back there but I don't see that happening and I've found his last few posts to be pretty genuine

Not against voting an inactive today because that's one less person the scum can hide with but I'm not there yet. I think someone posting is scum and maybe we can get them. 

Top people I'd vote are you, JETS, and DPR in no particular order

On 6/6/2020 at 10:25 PM, kdels62 said:

Just saying, “oh that’s not true. You’re being scummy.” I find the “you don’t know me” defense to be kinda weak and then he paired them with quick accusations. Idk if he’s scum but I’m comfortable with my vote staying there, given how little info exists so far.

Page 16.  Kdels is off my radar.

Has JETS participated yet?  If I don't see anything in the next few pages he gets my vote.

On 6/6/2020 at 10:32 PM, kdels62 said:

I’d like to add that I’m good at finding scum. I’m just an a$$hole and bad at convincing people of what I notice because I’m an a$$hole.

This is Pac's problem too.  Minus the part about being good at finding scum.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I appreciate you appreciating other people's appreciation of your enthusiasm.  

I appreciate you appreciating me appreciating other people's appreciation of my enthusiasm. Gata didn't ;-(

• Haha 2

On 6/7/2020 at 12:29 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Do we think we lost the crowd to 80 and Crusher's new PM thread about politics?  

Cricket Images PNG Transparent For Free Download , Page 2- PngFind

Not intended to be a political thread.  And you should join in the conversation.  I think you'd have some interesting things to say.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Drums said:

I appreciate you appreciating me appreciating other people's appreciation of my enthusiasm. Gata didn't ;-(

I appreciate you appreciating 80's appreciation for your own appreciation of my appreciation to your enthusiasm. Don't ever think different.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

I don't know where this relationship blossomed from haha (obviously from playing this game but I don't know when it happened)

You know when you slipped him the triple bacon cheeseburger and started sending him random postmates orders. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Jetsfan80 @CTM @AVM- we have 2 hours 

@Pac  @DPR Are you guys going to vote?

VOTE DPR (sorry bb that comment left a sour taste in my mouth)

@JustEndTheSuffering I think more content has occurred now what are your thoughts?

Reading up on the DPR case. Thinking of changing my vote since everyone seems to have moved off of JC. 

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

I don't know where this relationship blossomed from haha (obviously from playing this game but I don't know when it happened)

I got a little jealous when you went to Dweebsville to play in that other game. Then when you missed me so much you got replaced to come win this game for town with me, it meat a lot. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:30 PM, Drums said:

This attack comes off very towny to me. Then he unvotes 80 when it gets cleared up. I think Ape's a wasted lynch D1 joke or not so I won't be voting there. I think JETS jumping on the Ape train and then asking about how the lynch is going to go looks bad.

The Ape train D1 felt like a replacement of the usual 80 D1 (or Pac...) train..

Quite lazy, agreed. Remembered not loving 80 and I think it was Kdels placement at the time to really get it going. 4 is joke vote-y....6 votes and there's momentum to lynch, regardless of still being L-6 to 80s point.

(but I'm not lynching 80 D1 regardless, so meh)

On 6/6/2020 at 9:24 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Nice little catch made by Barry and there’s not much on anyone else so I’ll unvote vote jc. 

On 6/6/2020 at 9:30 AM, kdels62 said:

Unvote 

vote JC

theres like nothing of substance really in this so far and Barry at least tried something 

These two posts say basically the exact same thing but I feel gross about it from JETS and less so about kdels...just weird.

On 6/6/2020 at 10:18 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Yup. Town JC is an aggressive scum hunter. Either he's been heavily sedated all week or he's not town.

He was also very subdued during the Arkham game where he was Bane (town). I had to push him a lot on D1 to get content...there was someone else, too. He was the same way when we were on the SK team in Blade as well...I'm struggling to remember his role/alignment for Watchmen but feel like I was pushing him for intel then, too.

I get your point - but slow starts have been the trend in the games I've played with him.

On 6/6/2020 at 10:31 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Nah, **** it.  Unvote, vote Barry.  

FOS on Drums for jumping on this narrative where if I don't vote according to one player's preconceived notion I therefore must be scum.  

I am town.

OMGUS is new for you?

You may have already done this by the time I finish catching up but would like to see your thoughts on JETS and Kdels...

On 6/6/2020 at 10:38 AM, Jetscode1 said:

1.  You are replying to yourself.  Usually a scum tell IMO.

2.  So my lynch allows you to put Arsis in the null pile?  Dumb.

3.  Do you have a legit case against Arsis?

Scum tell for anyone or scum tell for drums specifically?

Page 13...not going to have time for a full-catch up by 3 so going to try to wing it, I guess.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not intended to be a political thread.  And you should join in the conversation.  I think you'd have some interesting things to say.  

I'm interested.  Joined the old political thread years ago but got tired of everyone talking for the sake of being heard.  Threads should be actionable.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GATA said:

This is not a good look Pirate even though I love your alcoholic ways how do you know it's town on town?

They are both being honest. I rr'd them and although Barry is aggressively stirring the pot, he's doing it in a scum-hunting way imo. Dust ups like theirs are exactly the kind of thing I look at on D1 when there's nothing else to see yet. Just how I see it atm. 

14 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah I've played with Crusher three times and he does seem to have a shield day 1. Never serious. 2/3 times he was town. First game, town, he subbed out early. Second game he was scum (mother ****er) and lasted maybe until endgame, I don't remember. Then last game I was suspicious of him and his lack of seriousness on D1, poked at him a little, but then he died that night and was town so I don't have much on him right now.

@DPR seemed to have some thoughts on Crusher though, I'd love to hear that.

Crush has a range he operates in and when he's confident, he's funnier. His comments this game have less edge and feel like obligatory replies for the eobvious layup. he's also pandering a good bit, voting with others without ever making a case, etc. Like I said, I'm not 100% because everyone has been apathetic, but it is what it is. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not willing to lynch Arsis or Ape today.  Their back and forth continues to entertain me.  

unvote

You are easily entertained...

Vote CTM

GTH, I figure he's our best shot for doing his patented disappearing-when-scum act. I waited to see if he'd show up this morning, but he didn't, so town doesn't lose much if he's not scum.