Vote On Your Level Of Confidence In Adam Gase

Vote On Your Level Of Confidence In Adam Gase  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Level Of Confidence In Adam Gase ???

• He is a good HC and a good OC. All he needs is a better roster and he can take the Jets into the post season. Fans that rag him are clueless.
    • I think he is good HC material, but is week as an OC. If he stays as HC, JD should bring in a new OC
    • I think he is a good OC, but wont cut it as a HC sitting in the big chair.
    • Gase is a horrible HC and a horrible OC. The only success he had was gifted to him by Peyton Manning who was really the defacto OC. He has to go !
    • I really cant be sure about Gase. We have to give him another year and see what shakes out with the better roster JD is building.
    • Piss off, idiot...

Gase always seemed like he out-coached Bowles in the Miami games, not saying much but still. That year he made it to the playoffs with Tannehill was kinda flukey but he still gotta give him credit for making it.

I have hope he can still be successful, he wasn't my 1st choice but I don't hate him as much as others do. Gase has alot to prove still, like many others in the Jets organization.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Gase might have had the toughest job in the NFL last year.

He comes to a lousy team in complete disarray, and who's fan base was mostly against him from Day One.

His young, inconsistent QB begins the year with Mono. The backup goes down almost immediately in his first game, leaving the team with a PS guy as the starter.

Injuries ravaged the team, and players he counted on like Mosely, Bell, Williamson and Trumaine Johnson to be his leaders were either out, or played poorly. When his QB came back he failed to take the "second year leap" that was hoped for and had a mediocre season. How much of that was because of the OL is something we'll find out this year.

Despite all that, and a team totally lacking any competent starters on offense, he held the team together throughout the season, and ended up winning 7 games, which 90% of us would've signed up for in a second last August.

So yeah, I think Gase did a great job. There are a lot of things wrong with this team, and a lot of players who have to step up and justify why fans believe in them. Long story short, on a list of the Jets problems, Adam Gase should be at the bottom.

I give him a solid B for his grade last year, and I can't think of anyone besides Greg Williams and Jamal Adams  (and we want him gone also... go figure) who deserves higher.

Just when we need more Peabody and less Eeyore we get the voice of reason.

Bravo.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Gase might have had the toughest job in the NFL last year.

He comes to a lousy team in complete disarray, and who's fan base was mostly against him from Day One.

His young, inconsistent QB begins the year with Mono. The backup goes down almost immediately in his first game, leaving the team with a PS guy as the starter.

Injuries ravaged the team, and players he counted on like Mosely, Bell, Williamson and Trumaine Johnson to be his leaders were either out, or played poorly. When his QB came back he failed to take the "second year leap" that was hoped for and had a mediocre season. How much of that was because of the OL is something we'll find out this year.

Despite all that, and a team totally lacking any competent starters on offense, he held the team together throughout the season, and ended up winning 7 games, which 90% of us would've signed up for in a second last August.

So yeah, I think Gase did a great job. There are a lot of things wrong with this team, and a lot of players who have to step up and justify why fans believe in them. Long story short, on a list of the Jets problems, Adam Gase should be at the bottom.

I give him a solid B for his grade last year, and I can't think of anyone besides Greg Williams and Jamal Adams  (and we want him gone also... go figure) who deserves higher.

Only a Jet fan can celebrate a 7 win season as a “Great job” with an OC/ HC that produced the worst offense in the entire league.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Only a Jet fan can celebrate a 7 win season as a “Great job” with an OC/ HC that produced the worst offense in the entire league.

Coming off a bunch of 5 win seasons, and then starting a complete overhaul of both the roster and organization? With all those injuries and spotty QB play?

I was satisfied with 7 wins. That's completely different than "celebrating."

Do I expect more from the offense this year? Of course. But for that to happen, the QB has to step up or that's not happening no matter who the HC is. No?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Should be a choice between he’s horrible all around, and give him another year

without that choice, I went with he’s horrible 

2 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

I selected piss off idiot, cause why not?

^^^ The correct answer

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Consider this, you ******* ingrate losers. The job he took was a nuclear blast zone and his mission was to irradiate it, clean it up, and put the organization back on solid ground. He’s clearly on a path to doing that. Douglas is here, they brought in a bunch of solid starters at need positions, excised a bunch of dead weight, and—oh yeah—went 6-2 down the stretch last year which enraged most of you because it meant you weren’t getting a coach who might be nicer to you. You got Gase because the job was bad, and when Gase leaves it, the job won’t be as bad. If you really think a Maccagnan-McCarthy regime was going to fix what was wrong with this team, God help you. Maccagnan is nine miles out of the league and the Packers looked like a team reborn after McCarthy left. If Gase doesn’t win another game here, he was still a good hire. 

A simple "Piss off, idiot" would have sufficed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

How was the offense doing before Gase arrived?  Yeah, thought so.  # 23 in the league in 2017 per FO.  # 27 in 2018.  

This was far more of a personnel problem than a coaching problem last year. 

Gase still sucks based on his overall resume, but he got us rid of Macc and won't be here forever.  Good enough for me.

• Upvote 3