Vote On Your Level Of Confidence In Adam Gase

Vote On Your Level Of Confidence In Adam Gase  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Level Of Confidence In Adam Gase ???

• He is a good HC and a good OC. All he needs is a better roster and he can take the Jets into the post season. Fans that rag him are clueless.
    • I think he is good HC material, but is week as an OC. If he stays as HC, JD should bring in a new OC
    • I think he is a good OC, but wont cut it as a HC sitting in the big chair.
    • Gase is a horrible HC and a horrible OC. The only success he had was gifted to him by Peyton Manning who was really the defacto OC. He has to go !
    • I really cant be sure about Gase. We have to give him another year and see what shakes out with the better roster JD is building.
    • Piss off, idiot...

Just now, Warfish said:

I'll start having more faith in Gase (and Darnold) when Gase (and Darnold) starts putting up above average Offensive production. 

Seems fair to me.

I know we're all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for you to come to a conclusion one way or another after the fact 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How was the offense doing before Gase arrived?  Yeah, thought so.

It got worse in both yards and points.

From 23rd to 31st in Points.

From 29th to 32nd in Yards.

Let me repeat, it got worse (much worse in points) after we fired Bowles and hired Gase. After we fired BOWLES ffs.  Lol.

The 31st/32nd finish is the the worst finish in the O rankings in NY Jets history.  

I think, if you want Gase to be praised, he'll need to sort that out in 2020, and produce something with a number at or high than say, 15th?

It'll be the first time he does so as an NFL Head Coach, but hey, anything is possible right? ?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Only a Jet fan can celebrate a 7 win season as a “Great job” with an OC/ HC that produced the worst offense in the entire league.

With those injuries on a team that wo 4 games the year before, lost its starting QB, lost its backup one game in, yes, 7 wins after the start was a good job.  

Kind of simple really.  I get it, no matter the situation, no matter the talent, anything under 10-12 wins was a failure and reason to fire the HC.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How was the offense doing before Gase arrived?  Yeah, thought so.

Well, they were ranked 28th in 2018.  I could be wrong but I think 28 is better than 32.

Moreover, in 2018 the Dolphins offense (which was Gase’s team at the time) finished 31st, 2nd to last.   The Dolphins this year finished 27th...

So to recap ...

the team he took over went from 28th to 32nd

the team he left went from 31st to 27th

Look, he’s a bad coach, it was a bad choice, people make mistakes - not the end of the world. 

We all know this, my guess is CJ knows it too but has to keep him around another year to save a little face - Woody’s back next year and he’ll make the change.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Let me repeat, it got worse (much worse in points) after we fired Bowles and hired Gase. After we fired BOWLES ffs.  Lol.

The 31st/32nd finish is the the worst finish in the O rankings in NY Jets history.  

I think, if you want Gase to be praised, he'll need to sort that out in 2020, and produce something with a number at or high than say, 15th?

It'll be the first time he does so as an NFL Head Coach, but hey, anything is possible right? ?

You missed the part where the QB was sick and missed time, as did the backup.  

Situations are meaningless.  Its all about wins.  Anyone would have done a better job.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

His record and offensive rankings tell us what he is.  A very bad head coach for a guy who is supposed to be an offensive genius.

Might he improve after many years of failure?

Highly unlikely, but not impossible?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You missed the part where the QB was sick and missed time, as did the backup.  

Situations are meaningless.  Its all about wins.  Anyone would have done a better job.

OMG - the excuses for this guy are overwhelming.  

Every year over his 4 years as a HC his offenses have gotten worse - until this year when he finished dead last.  Good coaches find a way to stay out of the basement.

I have nothing against Gase and wish I was wrong about him, unfortunately I’m not and you know it...I get holding on to hope - I’m just too much of a realist I guess.  

The only hope I have for him is I hope he doesn’t ruin Sam.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Every year over his 4 years as a HC his offenses have gotten worse - until this year when he finished dead last.  Good coaches find a way to stay out of the basement.

I have nothing against Gase and wish I was wrong about him, unfortunately I’m not and you know it...I get holding on to hope - I’m just too much of a realist I guess.  

Facts aren't excuses

I'm sorry that you cant see past hating someone.  

You want to tell me that another 4th year HC could win more than 7 games with this roster and injury list go for it.  

Excuses.  

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

A realist? No. Pessimism is not being a realist.

A realist sees things alot differently, they can absorb the situation without a filter.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Facts aren't excuses

I'm sorry that you cant see past hating someone.  

You want to tell me that another 4th year HC could win more than 7 games with this roster and injury list go for it.  

Excuses.  

It is not so much the record.  It is the overall offensive performance.  For the upcoming 2020 season, by the numbers, the Jets have the second hardest schedule in the NFL.  If the Jets only went 8-8 this year, I would not roast Gase given the challenge they are up against.  BUT.  If they have a split or losing season and still remain at the bottom of the heap with respect to offensive production, I think it would be accurate to conclude that Gase is not doing his job. A conclusion that a bunch of us already came to...

Nothing personal against him.  As a fan, I don't like the way he does his job.  

And remember... He's rich 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, its more fun watching you play the role and not realizing it

I can do whatever I want.  

If the Jets offense puts up decent numbers this year, I will officially award myself with the grand title "IDIOT HEAD OF THE YEAR"

And how shall you react if the Jets offensive stats stay in the basement ???

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's OK to think he sucks (and vote accordingly) and hope he will be great.

For me it is just another thread to attack Gase and I feel that it is unnecessary and NO ONE on this board was more anti Gase hire than me.

I went NUCLEAR!

But right now if Gase doesn't perform he will be gone. 

Me saying for the One thousandth time that I don't think that he is Great wont make a bit of difference but I didn't attack anyone for voting or say the thread was silly.  

What else do we have to speak on?

I just said for me I am not there anymore and essentially..

Let's Go Jets!!!

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

His record and offensive rankings tell us what he is.  A very bad head coach for a guy who is supposed to be an offensive genius.

Might he improve after many years of failure?

Highly unlikely, but not impossible?

I'm still waiting to see any proof .. who said Adam Gase was an Offensive genius, Offensive Guru or a Quarterback Whisperer LMFAO!?

I really don't give a flying f*** what our offensive rankings are, I don't play FanDuel or Fantasy Football.

I care about WINS...thats all.

Our entire team and culture has changed since he got here. From top to bottom! I'm looking forward to a much better year. I'm looking forward to a competitive season where we are tough in all three phases of football so that I can watch it on television and enjoy it! I really don't care what Patrick Mahomes does or how many fantasy points he puts up. I think Adam Gase is the best coach we've had in years.

I have had the head coaches back since day one and that will continue. Great hire!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

For me it is just another thread to attack Gase and I feel that it is unnecessary and NO ONE on this board was more anti Gase hire than me.

I went NUCLEAR!

Me saying for the One thousandth time that I don't think that he is Great wont make a bit of difference but I didn't attack anyone for voting or say the thread was silly.  

What else do we have to speak on?

I just said for me I am not there anymore and essentially..

Let's Go Jets!!!

Actually, I honestly wanted to see a count/percentage of where the fans in here stand with respect to Gase. Thats why I made a poll

22 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I honestly don't think that is true.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no matter what Gase does in 2020, he will still be the Jets Head Coach for 2021.

Also, you ever notice how the folks who love Gase will never, ever, tell you he will have an above average Offense in 2020?  Not a single "oh yeah, he WILL be ranked 15th or higher, just you see!" post.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I'm still waiting to see any proof .. who said Adam Gase was an Offensive genius, Offensive Guru or a Quarterback Whisperer LMFAO!?

I really don't give a flying f*** what our offensive rankings are, I don't play FanDuel or Fantasy Football.

I care about WINS...thats all.

Our entire team and culture has changed since he got here. From top to bottom! I'm looking forward to a much better year. I'm looking forward to a competitive season where we are tough in all three phases of football so that I can watch it on television and enjoy it! I really don't care what Patrick Mahomes does or how many fantasy points he puts up. I think Adam Gase is the best coach we've had in years.

I have had the head coaches back since day one and that will continue. Great hire!

The person who hired him said he was "taking football where it's going", so maybe calling him a "genius" was putting it mildly.  This guy is the future of the NFL according to his boss.

I'm glad you think he's great. 

I hope you're right and his actual on-field results for the past four seasons are a fluke. 

He won't have a schedule flooded with garbage opposing QB's and no road trips in 2020 like he did in 2019.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no matter what Gase does in 2020, he will still be the Jets Head Coach for 2021.

I disagree but I don't think you're off by much.  I'd say he's safe unless 2020 is an absolute catastrophe.  If it's 3 wins or less and tons of blowouts, he goes.  

If he wins 4 or more and can claim the team was "in every game", he'll be back IMO.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Actually, I honestly wanted to see a count/percentage of where the fans in here stand with respect to Gase. Thats why I made a poll

Hey 

I am so HAPPY YOU MADE THE POLL!

At least it was something NEW!! :) 

I commented on the thread because it is a GOOD ONE!!!

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Also, you ever notice how the folks who love Gase will never, ever, tell you he will have an above average Offense in 2020?  Not a single "oh yeah, he WILL be ranked 15th or higher, just you see!" post.

I agree with you!

I too think Gase probably gets two more years absent him imploding.

The difference here is I don't think that JD will keep Gase here no matter what if he isn't getting the job done.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I disagree but I don't think you're off by much.  I'd say he's safe unless 2020 is an absolute catastrophe.  If it's 3 wins or less and tons of blowouts, he goes.  

If he wins 4 or more and can claim the team was "in every game", he'll be back IMO.

I’m kinda with you, but I just think he’s a little less safe than you’re describing here. I think if the Jets are 7-9 or worse, he’s gonna -at the very least- have to face some questions about why the team’s record didn’t improve after Joe D did the things Gase was asking for with personnel. 

IMHO, the man gets judged on Darnold. Sam breaks out, Gase is safe. Sam struggles, Gase struggles to keep his job. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

A realist? No. Pessimism is not being a realist.

A realist sees things alot differently, they can absorb the situation without a filter.

Simply not true.  
I Just don’t put my head in the sand.   Gase is bad coach. It’s clear. And not everything our new GM does Is genius  

but...

I think Sam’s going to be a top 5 QB in this league. (Assuming Gase doesn’t ruin him and we build an Oline that can protect him)

I think Mims will easily be the best WR from this draft class.

I think Zuniga is going to be 10+ sack guy. 

I think our DC is one of the better DC’s in the league.

I think we can have a top 5 defense this year  

I think we’ll have a tough time  getting to the playoffs - mostly due to the limited ability of our head coach  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Because most of us know that being an NFL HC, a successful one doesnt have dick to do with offensive rankings.

Heres a clue, go watch the Rex Ryan Jets, those were two good teams and two lousy offensive teams.  Has nothing to do with loving anyone, just in understanding the game

You keep asking the same question as if it's meaningful. 

• Upvote 1

i was for mccarthy but they hired gase.  now that i look back on it the jets made the better choice.  who knows if mccarthy would've gotten rid of mac.  that alone helped this team.  and while mccarthy had a good record as hc, a lot of that can be attributed to having rodgers as qb.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because most of us know that being an NFL HC, a successful one doesnt have dick to do with offensive rankings.

Heres a clue, go watch the Rex Ryan Jets, those were two good teams and two lousy offensive teams.  Has nothing to do with loving anyone, just in understanding the game

You keep asking the same question as if it's meaningful. 

yep.  it's all about points scored for and against.  a lot of yardage statistics are somewhat meaningless when talking about an offenses prowess. i think a lot of people call for a passing game and downplay the effectiveness of the run game when the biggest issue is having an offense that can execute the plays they need to.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree with you!

I too think Gase probably gets two more years absent him imploding.

The difference here is I don't think that JD will keep Gase here no matter what if he isn't getting the job done.

Since when does the Jets GM make HC hiring/firing decisions?  Did Woody Johnson change the organizational structure?  Woody Johnson's business model is to have the HC and GM ultimately blaming each other.  Every f'ing time.  Rinse... spit... repeat...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Consider this, you ******* ingrate losers. The job he took was a nuclear blast zone and his mission was to irradiate it, clean it up, and put the organization back on solid ground. He’s clearly on a path to doing that. Douglas is here, they brought in a bunch of solid starters at need positions, excised a bunch of dead weight, and—oh yeah—went 6-2 down the stretch last year which enraged most of you because it meant you weren’t getting a coach who might be nicer to you. You got Gase because the job was bad, and when Gase leaves it, the job won’t be as bad. If you really think a Maccagnan-McCarthy regime was going to fix what was wrong with this team, God help you. Maccagnan is nine miles out of the league and the Packers looked like a team reborn after McCarthy left. If Gase doesn’t win another game here, he was still a good hire. 

Where is the Gase love coming from?  Yes the team wasn't great last year but, when he took the job, there was still a lot of potential for this team (young promising potential FQB plus $100M to spend in FA).  Plus I'm pretty sure Gase didn't exactly have a ton of options after he got himself fired in Miami for apparently mouthing off to the owner.

You point out 6-2 down the stretch but you're ignoring 1-7 to start.  Yes we had a tough schedule early last year and yes Sam was out with mono.  But even when Sam came back, we still lost to the winless Fish and Bengals.  And the Bengal game was a "win and we have an outside shot at the playoffs" game.  To me, Gregg Williams' defense came together better than Gase and the offense (as let's be honest, Gase is, for the most part, a glorified OC while GW mainly runs the defense).

I haven't seen any reason to be too thrilled about Gase (and I'd have been completely fine - if not happy - if he got canned after last year) but I'm not saying there's no chance he can get things turned around.  Obviously the NFL is a difficult game for the average Joe to really understand so I'll give him another year.  I'm not particularly optimistic about him though and I still don't see why you and SAR are convinced that he's the solution.  I'd like to see Gase start to "do more with less" (like GW did with the defense).  To me, that's one of the signs of a quality HC.  

57 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Since when does the Jets GM make HC hiring/firing decisions?  Did Woody Johnson change the organizational structure?  Woody Johnson's business model is to have the HC and GM ultimately blaming each other.  Every f'ing time.  Rinse... spit... repeat...

Though it does seem that he allows the HC to fire the GM, so who knows, lol

I do think the model Woody had in place, and many other teams used, was turned over by CJ

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I haven't seen any reason to be too thrilled about Gase (and I'd have been completely fine - if not happy - if he got canned after last year) but I'm not saying there's no chance he can get things turned around.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say Gase is the long-term answer, but I think that the job required someone smart and ruthless who was also unconcerned with public perception. Gase, in 18 months, has single-handedly dragged this Jets team from being a clownish bottom-feeder to the point where they appear to be doing smart, sustainable and coherent things with the roster, and with building the front office. Gase did all that. The alternative was Mccarthy, which meant Maccagnan would still be here. I don’t think any pluses with McCarthy would have been worth the minuses of keeping Maccagnan under any circumstance. So, to answer your question, if you told us 18 months ago that the Jets would be where they are now, with who they have in the front office and who they added to the roster, and with a healthy cap situation moving forward, I would have signed up for that in a second. So, while I have misgivings about Gase’s long-term prospects here, I think it’s clear that he was the right man at the right time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

Run the numbers for the last 8 games thanks.

SAR I