Watched perine 2020 Orange bowl- he looked good

An explosive quick hitting back to the hole...is exactly what you want for Gase's zone blocking scheme.  Has good downfield receiving skills too.  And because he's also solid in pass protection, he should get significant playing time this year.  And probably take over from Bell next year...at least as a semi-featured back in a committee back unit. 

IMO...an overall solid back...with playmaking ability. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The next Bilal Powell.  And that's a very good thing.  

If he can carry a starters work load without getting dinged much better than Bilal who always went down when asked to step up.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If he can carry a starters work load without getting dinged much better than Bilal who always went down when asked to step up.

Perine certainly has the build meant for longevity.  And he demonstrated that durability it in college, appearing in 50 games for the Gators over 4 years.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Perine certainly has the build meant for longevity.  And he demonstrated that durability it in college, appearing in 50 games for the Gators over 4 years.

He does look like hes built to last.  Lets hope

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

EVERYBODY LOOK!!!  THEY ALLOW US TO CONTRIBUTE POSITIVE, MEANINGFUL CONTENT WITHOUT DOWNVOTING IT..... 

I'm getting emotional. 

(This reminds me of JetNation before the Great JI Exodus)  

Modern Family Thumbs Up GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1

If Perine's floor is being as good as Bilal Powell then we're in a good shape.  When Powell was healthy he was a very solid #2.

I think this 2020 season will be used to determine if Perine is simply a depth / change-of-pace type RB or if he shows signs he can really carry the mail as a RB1.  Not having to use significant $$ in FA or a Day 2 Draft pick on RB next year would be great.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

EVERYBODY LOOK!!!  THEY ALLOW US TO CONTRIBUTE POSITIVE, MEANINGFUL CONTENT WITHOUT DOWNVOTING IT..... 

I'm getting emotional. 

(This reminds me of JetNation before the Great JI Exodus)  

I want to down vote this post but just cant bring myself to do it. LOL

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

It's pronounced Pee- rine

Which reminds me of pee stain

from Dumb and Dumber

every time.

I think of Apollo 13 when they discharge the urine outside the ship.

Constellation U-rine

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I cant wait to see him out there, very happy hes a NY Jet.

Definitely. I actually see a little bit of Bilal and a little bit of Curtis. Dude isn't really explosive and doesn't really seem great at any one thing but he's pretty damn good at just about everything. He runs hard. Looking forward to see what he can bring.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Definitely. I actually see a little bit of Bilal and a little bit of Curtis. Dude isn't really explosive and doesn't really seem great at any one thing but he's pretty damn good at just about everything. He runs hard. Looking forward to see what he can bring.

I think he looks a little bit like LT

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I think he looks a little bit like LT

About the same size right? I think LT was a little faster though. Perine runs hard man he's a f****** baller. I really think it was a great pick, he's just a good football player and he gets it done

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Barkus said:

Watched the 2020 Orange bowl. Had several drafted players on the FL team including our own Perine and Zuniga, along with van Jefferson and grennard the OLB.

perine had a great game with multiple TDs, including a 40yd td run. The safety fell down so he didn’t show any jukes on the run but hit the hole fast and nobody could catch him. He might be one of those with 4.6 combine speed but plays faster. He showed good hands and also had a TD catch. Looked shifty and always fell forward. Saw him with some blitz pick ups too. He could have had 4 td, stepped out of bounds at the 1 yd line on another long run. I think he could be a good player for us, at worst a Bilal Powell replacement.

Zuniga had some pressures but no sacks. Did show some flash of quickness.

grennard (sp?) looked better to me. Had nice burst off the edge and had 2 sacks I think.

jefferson looked smooth with good hands, had nice yac also. Looks like he could be good too.

Solid observations. Grennard plays a specific position in Todd Grantham's defense (and I cant think of the name of the role he calls it) but Grennard transferred for his last year of eligibility to specifically go back under the man who recruited him to play that position.  It was the same role the Polite played for the Gators last year.  That player always shows out under him in that system; 

Grennard, Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat, Devante Fields, Lorenzo Mauldin, Jordan Jenkins, Jarvis Jones, Justin Houston

That said, he's just not the athlete of Zuniga so I like the upside of our guy much more. 

You hit the nail on the head with Perrine.  Does it all.   He reminds me a lot of Powell.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

About the same size right? I think LT was a little faster though. Perine runs hard man he's a f****** baller. I really think it was a great pick, he's just a good football player and he gets it done

In your opinion How does he compare to Gore? Size, speed etc. 

Thats the type of runner I see watching him

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

In your opinion How does he compare to Gore? Size, speed etc. 

Thats the type of runner I see watching him

Although not exact I can see a good comparison there. Again I named Bilal Powell and Curtis Martin, because neither of them were really fast or really big,  just pretty good at everything.

I would say it's a given that they brought in Frank Gore to be a mentor to Perine.  I also think lamical is a little more athletic and more explosive than Gore at least at this stage of the game obviously LOL. Jetnut compared him to LT... maybe a poor man's LT?  We can only hope!

Personally I love the Chrebet, Jericho Cotchery , Mike DeVito types.  The B+ players. Everybody doesn't have to be a total Superstar and I think it's these types of players that really make a team what it is. the Guards, Nickelbacks, Special Teamers. Wallace Wright? Ashton Davis Etc.

Some dudes just have Grit.

7 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Although not exact I can see a good comparison there. Again I named Bilal Powell and Curtis Martin, because neither of them were really fast or really big,  just pretty good at everything.

I would say it's a given that they brought in Frank Gore to be a mentor to Perine.  I also think lamical is a little more athletic and more explosive than Gore at least at this stage of the game obviously LOL. Jetnut compared him to LT... maybe a poor man's LT?  We can only hope!

Personally I love the Chrebet, Jericho Cotchery , Mike DeVito types.  The B+ players. Everybody doesn't have to be a total Superstar and I think it's these types of players that really make a team what it is. the Guards, Nickelbacks, Special Teamers. Wallace Wright? Ashton Davis Etc.

Some dudes just have Grit.

I thought he looks like LT.

His accelleration and hands catching the ball.