Barkus

Watched perine 2020 Orange bowl- he looked good

7 hours ago, Barkus said:

Watched the 2020 Orange bowl. Had several drafted players on the FL team including our own Perine and Zuniga, along with van Jefferson and grennard the OLB.

perine had a great game with multiple TDs, including a 40yd td run. The safety fell down so he didn’t show any jukes on the run but hit the hole fast and nobody could catch him. He might be one of those with 4.6 combine speed but plays faster. He showed good hands and also had a TD catch. Looked shifty and always fell forward. Saw him with some blitz pick ups too. He could have had 4 td, stepped out of bounds at the 1 yd line on another long run. I think he could be a good player for us, at worst a Bilal Powell replacement.

Zuniga had some pressures but no sacks. Did show some flash of quickness.

grennard (sp?) looked better to me. Had nice burst off the edge and had 2 sacks I think.

jefferson looked smooth with good hands, had nice yac also. Looks like he could be good too.

Solid observations. Grennard plays a specific position in Todd Grantham's defense (and I cant think of the name of the role he calls it) but Grennard transferred for his last year of eligibility to specifically go back under the man who recruited him to play that position.  It was the same role the Polite played for the Gators last year.  That player always shows out under him in that system; 

Grennard, Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat, Devante Fields, Lorenzo Mauldin, Jordan Jenkins, Jarvis Jones, Justin Houston

That said, he's just not the athlete of Zuniga so I like the upside of our guy much more. 

You hit the nail on the head with Perrine.  Does it all.   He reminds me a lot of Powell.  

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company