Flacco contract

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

It's actually mind blowing how I once thought Macc was a decent GM when he first got here.  I apologize....

Eh, me too.

GM gets that 1 to 2 year grace period, where you think he's doing well.   Then you realized the team is bottom 5 in talent, and has no cap space.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Unbelievable. I went crazy over that contract. Some people said, It isn't your money what does it matter.

LOL, spend the other 9 million of good players. Crazy concept.

Even crazier, the Eagles signed the guy for $2M last year and he played in the playoffs for them.  Same player at 1/5 the price.  Do you think maybe Maccagnan bid against himself a bit on that one? 

• Upvote 2

Flacco already made his money and is a jersey guy.  Gets to live close home and work on being a mentor.  Maybe he’s looking to be a QB coach after playing, possibly OC long term. Works out good for him.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Unbelievable. I went crazy over that contract. Some people said, It isn't your money what does it matter.

LOL, spend the other 9 million of good players. Crazy concept.

100% agreed! I too was enraged by that 10 million dollar deal. I liked McKown as a mentor, was hoping they would have hired him as the QB coach. He didn't have anything left as a backup, just another Mac deal that was unexplainable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GaryM said:

100% agreed! I too was enraged by that 10 million dollar deal. I liked McKown as a mentor, was hoping they would have hired him as the QB coach. He didn't have anything left as a backup, just another Mac deal that was unexplainable.

Not to mention we already had Bridgewater at the time.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

It's actually mind blowing how I once thought Macc was a decent GM when he first got here.  I apologize....

Same. I held on waaay too long.  When he got us Sam I couldn’t shake my rose colored Macglasses.  I still feel like I’d buy the guy a coffee just for doing that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

What’s the plan? Do teams carry 3 qbs or is it 2 and an emergency. Feel like the rule changes recently. Darnold flacco rookie?

Well first off, Flacco won't be ready for Week 1, so that impacts things a bit.

Secondly, with rosters increasing to 55, I think carrying 3 QB's is fine, but activating 3 on gameday might not happen.  

Until Flacco gets back it'll likely be Fales operating as the # 2, with Morgan as the # 3 and White perhaps on the Practice Squad.

Once Flacco returns I'm not sure what happens to Fales and White.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Flacco already made his money and is a jersey guy.  Gets to live close home and work on being a mentor.  Maybe he’s looking to be a QB coach after playing, possibly OC long term. Works out good for him.

I agree.   He gets to live where he hopefully wants to live, it's like a paid intern to being a QB coach, if he does a good job as a backup, he could last 3-4 more years making a bit more money than he is now, 2-3 million per year.

Let's face it, is there a better job in the world than being a backup QB?   You get paid to work out, know the playbook, talk football to your #1 QB, you aren't even allowed to be hit in practice.  Oh, and you make millions per year.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well first off, Flacco won't be ready for Week 1, so that impacts things a bit.

Secondly, with rosters increasing to 55, I think carrying 3 QB's is fine, but activating 3 on gameday might not happen.  

Until Flacco gets back it'll likely be Fales operating as the # 2, with Morgan as the # 3 and White perhaps on the Practice Squad.

Once Flacco returns I'm not sure what happens to Fales and White.

See?  Ha!  Now we really agree.

• Upvote 1