Jets sign Bryce Hall

IMO...Hall was a 2nd round stud that Jets lucked into the 5th.  Then...picks like...Ashtyn Davis in 3rd...Zuniga in the 4th...and my man Mims...still there...at 59!  Beckton...was Destiny.  Perine...could be the dominant  ball carrier down the stretch run for the division.  Mann flips the field and wins us a game or two.

I just love this draft.  I see so many of these guys making plays and having an impact. 

Are we due...to be one of the big surprises in the NFL this year.  I think so.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

IMO...Hall was a 2nd round stud that Jets lucked into the 5th.  Then...picks like...Ashtyn Davis in 3rd...Zuniga in the 4th...and my man Mims...still there...at 59!  Beckton...was Destiny.  Perine...could be the dominant  ball carrier down the stretch run for the division.  Mann flips the field and wins us a game or two.

I just love this draft.  I see so many of these guys making plays and having an impact. 

Are we due...to be one of the big surprises in the NFL this year.  I think so.  

Every pick had logic behind it.  Nearly every pick (Perine being the lone exception) was a guy with athleticism and, and it seems all of them are high-character guys too.  The UDFA pool was a quality looking group too.  Versatility was present throughout the names called too.

Hall especially shouldn't have been passed on for as long as he was.  The only reason he fell was because 2020 will likely be a "redshirt" year for him.  So what?  You'll very likely get 3 quality years of CB play out of him after that before his rookie deal ends.  That's worth a 3rd rounder.

Not all of these picks are going to pan out, of course.  But for once there wasn't a draft where I was left scratching my head, like I did for the previous 6 drafts.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every pick had logic behind it.  Nearly every pick (Perine being the lone exception) was a guy with athleticism and, and it seems all of them are high-character guys too.  The UDFA pool was a quality looking group too.  Versatility was present throughout the names called too.

Hall especially shouldn't have been passed on for as long as he was.  The only reason he fell was because 2020 will likely be a "redshirt" year for him.  So what?  You'll very likely get 3 quality years of CB play out of him after that before his rookie deal ends.  That's worth a 3rd rounder.

Not all of these picks are going to pan out, of course.  But for once there wasn't a draft where I was left scratching my head, like I did for the previous 6 drafts.

Perimeter might not have tested well athletically but on tape he is really athletic.  Hall is just a blessing who could very well bea starter.