Jets Offensive Rankings 2020

Jets Offensive Rankings 2020  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Prediction as to the final Ranking of the NY Jets Offense in 2020?

• Top 5 in both Yards/Points
    • Top 10 in both Yards/Points, but below the Top 5
    • Above 15th in Yards/Points, but below 10th
    • Above 20th in Yards/Points, but below 15th
    • Above 25th in Yards/Points, but below 20th
    • Bottom of League, Below 25th in Yards/Points

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Outside of Mims turning into Randy Moss and Sam Turning into Brett Favre there's nothing on paper to scare opposing DC's 

Bottom of the league

Gase Fired

Sam a Bust

James Morgan Era begins 2021

I really like this Morgan kid by the way. he's a hard worker and a team player, film junkie. Unlikely to get Mono - everything 14 isn't 

that's a more likely outcome than top 10-15 nonsense. Because that's what it is. Go look at other team's offenses. 

So you're on record as saying that Sam will be a bust? Wow - do you watch anything except the OL.

What games have you been watching where you haven't seen Sam look tremendous with the hand he was dealt?

Sam is the best QB to come out in the last three years and will be the Jets best QB for the next 10 years we've had since .... ???

Name the better QB the Jets have had is the last 30 years.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Outside of Mims turning into Randy Moss and Sam Turning into Brett Favre there's nothing on paper to scare opposing DC's 

Bottom of the league

Gase Fired

Sam a Bust

James Morgan Era begins 2021

I really like this Morgan kid by the way. he's a hard worker and a team player, film junkie. Unlikely to get Mono - everything 14 isn't 

that's a more likely outcome than top 10-15 nonsense. Because that's what it is. Go look at other team's offenses. 

Care to back that up with a charity bet? Gase is not fired during or after the 2020 season as you claim.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  There is a pretty simple explanation to this whole post.  The Jets have had nothing but defensive coaches during that time.  In the last 30 years the only offensive coaches were Coslet (4 years), Kotite (the 2 most pitiful years ever) and one year of Gase.  Carroll, Parcells, Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan and Bowles were all defensive guys.  Having a defensive coach does not guarantee that you will have a sh*tty offense, but they generally play the game close to the vest and keep scores and yardage down.  You aren't going to be high in yards or points scored. This is why points/yardage can be misleading and something like DVOA, as proposed by @GreenFish would be a better measure.

I am quoting myself to point out that I was here defending Maccagnan like crazy when he drew his line in the sand and was holding Fitzpatrick's feet over the fire.  I was super pissed when he folded.  I would have gone 0-16 with Hackenberg before I did that.  Of course, if he had done that he probably would have picked Trubisky...  

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

When the 2020 stats are complied will they will based upon - as things stand today?

I don't think this is a serious question, do you?

We can only opine based on what we know today.  The stats will be what actually happens.  That's kinda how predictions work. 

You evaluate now, then predict the future.  You know all those "XXX will have a breakout year" articles.....they're doing the exact same thing we're doing in this thread.  Predicting, based on what we know to-date.

Ask this question right before the 1st game when the roster is set and it might be more valid rather than a straw man setup.

Nothing straw man about it, like every single other debate we have here about what is to come, the debate, and everything within it, are snapshots in time.

If Sam Darnold is the victim of a rabid mongoose attack tonight, and has all his fingers bitten off, it's rather obvious that this thread, and the opinions within, are no longer valid.  No one ever predicts rabid mongeese......

I'm sorry if you don;t like the results, but it's not exactly a crazy question to ask.  We've sucked on offense, now there is alot of hype and hope, so asking where we think we'll rank on the aforementioned offense is pretty tame.  

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think this is a serious question, do you?

Yeah it's a serious question - you ask what will happen in the future when team is still being constructed. You should actually watch the games. Consider the circumstances and then make your evaluation based on what you see and not what the stats show.

5 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Yeah it's a serious question - you ask what will happen in the future when team is still being constructed.

Yes, I ask for a prediction.  Not a new concept in Sports Talk. 

If you're incapable or unwilling to join in, for whatever reason (although I have mu suspicion), that's ok.  

Also, the team is not "still being constructed".  The heart of FA is long over.  The draft is now long over.

While a few late moves could (but might not) happen, the team is likely 95-99% what we will see come Training Camp and Opening Day. 

Most changes now, if they happen, will be at the periphery, the bottom of the roster and camp bodies.

You should actually watch the games.

Haven't missed one in going on three decades. 

Oh, wait, no I missed one game.  In the Pennington Era vs. Jacksonville, when I was at a wedding.

Consider the circumstances and then make your evaluation based on what you see and not what the stats show.

What happened last year isn't the topic.  we have lots of other topics for rehashing last year again and again.  We all know (and have our feelings and opinions) on last year.

We're talking about how we think we will do this coming year. 

Please, do try and keep up.  

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, I ask for a prediction.  Not a new concept in Sports Talk. 

If you're incapable or unwilling to join in, for whatever reason (although I have mu suspicion), that's ok.  

Also, the team is not "still being constructed".  The heart of FA is long over.  The draft is now long over.

While a few late moves could (but might not) happen, the team is likely 95-99% what we will see come Training Camp and Opening Day. 

Most changes now, if they happen, will be at the periphery, the bottom of the roster and camp bodies.

Haven't missed one in going on three decades. 

Oh, wait, no I missed one game.  In the Pennington Era vs. Jacksonville, when I was at a wedding.

What happened last year isn't the topic.  we have lots of other topics for rehashing last year again and again.  We all know (and have our feelings and opinions) on last year.

We're talking about how we think we will do this coming year. 

Please, do try and keep up.  

There's still a good chance the Jets could be significantly upgraded before the 2020 season. Trade Adams, Trumains' cap dollars to sign Ryan, pick up another WR, cap cuts at final cut down.

You and I differ on that you stick to the stats and I rely on an subjective evaluation after watching the game. You should try Game Pass and all-22 and use that to decide which stats are really valid.

24 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

There's still a good chance the Jets could be significantly upgraded before the 2020 season.

Great!

I don't think anyone will be angry they posted a prediction in June, we got better, then did better than that prediction come end of December.

Trade Adams, Trumains' cap dollars to sign Ryan, pick up another WR, cap cuts at final cut down.

I think the "trade Adams" is pure fantasy at this point.  As is signing another WR that would be in the #1/#2 type skill-range.

But we'll see.

You and I differ on that you stick to the stats and I rely on an subjective evaluation after watching the game.

Oh, I have subjective opinions too, and I generally make clear when I'm going that route (use of "IMO" and other notes).

But this topic is one strictly on production and rankings vs. our NFL competitors.  There is no subjective to this question.  It's pure production or lack thereof.

You should try Game Pass and all-22 and use that to decide which stats are really valid.

If you're trying to argue that Points and Offensive Yards are not valid or meaningful stats......

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think the "trade Adams" is pure fantasy at this point.  As is signing another WR that would be in the #1/#2 type skill-range.

But we'll see.

Demaryius Thomas is a distinct possibility as a FA re-signing, he may not be a WR1 but Sam could sure use him to move the chains. If JA is traded I'd rather the Jets gets draft picks next season that will put us over the top in 2021 rather than players this season. But in any event the Jets can *NOT* pay a SS 20M a year with a guaranteed 60 million $$$ long term contract.

Logan Ryan would look real good in the secondary. It's too early to make a decision about how the Jets will statically rate this season.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

dude, they should have fired Gase last season

but they didn't want to pay Bowles, Gase, and a New HC at the same time

make no mistake

adam gase's offense was so bad last year he deserved to be fired 

Dude, only an ass lien owner fires a HC in his first year, especially in a season that started off the way it did and the HC held the team together, kept them from quitting.  You know an important part of coaching along with numbers we all quote.

No offense in light of all the money spent, the well over a billion spent, the constant whining over imaginary cheapness is really king of funny and nonsensical 

20 hours ago, bitonti said:

As much as I love the offensive line and the moves the Jets made on the line, this offense goes as far as 14 takes it

In the 26 games in Darnold's career only 9 games were when the pressure was below 34%. In those 9 games he had a pressure rating of 108.3. This offense will sputter if the OL still sucks. Becton and McGovern are moves in the right direction, if they can get average production from LG, RG and RT this offense will be pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2020 at 8:46 AM, Claymation said:

In the 26 games in Darnold's career only 9 games were when the pressure was below 34%. In those 9 games he had a pressure rating of 108.3. This offense will sputter if the OL still sucks. Becton and McGovern are moves in the right direction, if they can get average production from LG, RG and RT this offense will be pretty good. 

contra case the line was fine lasts year when they replaced Kalil and Winters got Beachum back. With replacement level guys Sam got hot  

the weapons are not good enough to contend. I get they can't fix all the team's problems at once but a team like KC has 4 guys on the field you have to worry about the Jets don't have playmakers. 

also, Bell stinks. 

On 6/2/2020 at 6:14 PM, Jet Nut said:

No offense in light of all the money spent, the well over a billion spent, the constant whining over imaginary cheapness is really king of funny and nonsensical 

the team has quadrupled in value since the Johnson's bought it 2000

even adjusting for inflation buying the Jets was the best move Woody ever made (or will ever make)

he's never going to sell because he uses it like a piggy bank 

the unused cap space goes right into their pockets

the money they are saving paying Adam Gase rather than Matt Rhule is Woody's crumpet budget 

"Imaginary cheapness" let me reiterate they are 25 mil under the cap right now, the real owner is out of the country. the HC is a mental case and most fans want to trade their best player for picks.