Jump to content
joewilly12

Happy (day late) Birthday Joe Namath.

Recommended Posts

I was hoping this was going to pass by without recognition.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 5
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I was hoping this was going to pass by without recognition.

SAR I

Typed this ^^ while "snuggling" with his Sanchez blow up doll.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I was hoping this was going to pass by without recognition.

SAR I

No you weren’t. You needed this thread so you could post this.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Typed this ^^ while "snuggling" with his Sanchez blow up doll.

I have no such doll, but Mark Sanchez was a better Jets quarterback than Joe Namath was.  Take the Super Bowl out of it, Mark was better.  And they ran him out of town.  Tragic.

41 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

No you weren’t. You needed this thread so you could post this.

Every Jets fan loves Joe Namath, but he's gone from a welcomed icon to a sad reminder of how bad things have been.  I'm tired of being reminded.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NY Jets need to build a monument/statue of Joe Namath either at MetLife or Florham Park. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets need to build a monument/statue of Joe Namath either at MetLife or Florham Park. 

 

5B4FCF09-D4A2-427B-B2C5-FA0D053808CA.jpeg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no such doll, but Mark Sanchez was a better Jets quarterback than Joe Namath was.  Take the Super Bowl out of it, Mark was better.  And they ran him out of town.  Tragic.

Every Jets fan loves Joe Namath, but he's gone from a welcomed icon to a sad reminder of how bad things have been.  I'm tired of being reminded.

SAR I

They played in different eras. Namath was more talented then Sanchez in every way. Hell, I saw Namath clothes lined by Ben Davidson and get up for the next play. Sanchez went down by running into his own lineman. Namath had one of the best college careers of any player and if he didn't have his legs taken from him he would have been even better. If he played in the current era where QBs wear dresses he would own the record book. Oh and one more thing, he won a Superbowl, didn't lose two championship games in a row. Todd, O'Brien, and Pennington were all better QBs than Sanchez.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no such doll, but Mark Sanchez was a better Jets quarterback than Joe Namath was.  Take the Super Bowl out of it, Mark was better.  And they ran him out of town.  Tragic.

Mark was run out of town because In an era where every single rule change was made to make the qb's and offenses job easier Sanchez still sucked and was incapable of running a pass first offense.  It just wasn't in him.  

Namath on the other hand did.  In an era that would have swallowed Sanchez up and broke him.  Please dont compare Sanchez to any HOF QB, any SB winning QB.   He had none of the talent, production, swagger, coolness of Namath.  Namath was the epitome of cool and men wanted to be Namath, kids made believe they were Namath when they played ball.  No one wanted to be Sanchez.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Mark was run out of town because In an era where every single rule change was made to make the qb's and offenses job easier Sanchez still sucked and was incapable of running a pass first offense.  It just wasn't in him.  

Namath on the other hand did.  In an era that would have swallowed Sanchez up and broke him.  Please dont compare Sanchez to any HOF QB, any SB winning QB.   He had none of the talent, production, swagger, coolness of Namath.  Namath was the epitome of cool and men wanted to be Namath, kids made believe they were Namath when they played ball.  No one wanted to be Sanchez.  

For me, I always thought Sanchez was physically very talented, intelligent and very likeable. I also think his football downfall was lack of intensity and focus.  He played well in playoff games when the heat of the situation forced an elevation of his senses, but in general, I don't think he was really into it.  His mistakes were all due to a lack of concentration and focus.  Butt fumble, unforced interceptions and so on.  He had all the tools, but his head and heart really were not into it.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no such doll, but Mark Sanchez was a better Jets quarterback than Joe Namath was.  Take the Super Bowl out of it, Mark was better.  And they ran him out of town.  Tragic.

Every Jets fan loves Joe Namath, but he's gone from a welcomed icon to a sad reminder of how bad things have been.  I'm tired of being reminded.

SAR I

Maybe SAR I should be given a timeout for dissing Broadway Joe .

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Maybe SAR I should be given a timeout for dissing Broadway Joe .

Maybe SAM SAM should be given a timeout for dissing another poster.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Maybe SAR I should be given a timeout for dissing Broadway Joe .

 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Maybe SAM SAM should be given a timeout for dissing another poster.

SAR I

I have half a mind give you both a time-out for using the word dissing. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, SAR I said:

I was hoping this was going to pass by without recognition.

SAR I

Without Joe, We're the Lions. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Sanchez was a better Jets quarterback than Joe Namath

SAR I

 

of all the things we've had to put up with this year, now this.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Every Jets fan loves Joe Namath, but he's gone from a welcomed icon to a sad reminder of how bad things have been.  I'm tired of being reminded.
SAR I


I have a Sanchez rookie card I'll sell you for a quarter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Without Joe, We're the Lions. 

Worse, really. The Lions won 4 NFL championships.  I know they got a several decade head start, but the most recent of those titles was just 12 years before the Jets won Super Bowl III and 3 years before the formation of the NY Titans.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe.  You were so good that they let you make a biker movie with Ann Margaret.  And that's honestly the highest praise I can give you for a belated Hapoy Birthday.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Without Joe, We're the Lions. 

Without SB lll the Jets have nada.

Thank you again and happy birthday Joe!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Without Joe, We're the Lions. 

I'm not a Joe hater.  I've just gone from seeing him as a hero to an iconic reminder of 51 years of futility.  Every time someone whips Joe Namath out it doesn't make me proud, it makes me sad.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fusionCA said:

Then go see some professional help , don't blame your mental issues on Joe Namath 

I have no mental issues.  Any rational person would feel as I do.  

If you're 60 and single and you see your ex-wife looking beautiful and happy 5x a year it would make you miserable too.  It's human nature.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have no mental issues.  Any rational person would feel as I do.  

If you're 60 and single and you see your ex-wife looking beautiful and happy 5x a year it would make you miserable too.  It's human nature.

SAR I

I'd say you have a few mental issues if you're thinking of Namath along the same lines as an ex-wife.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...