Patriots Homer Peter King thinks Jets Will Stink Next Season

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

and?  probably half of the people on this site think the same thing if only because gase is coach.  but if king wants to have any creds then he needs to be objective about his own patsies.

I just liked it when Peter King said we would go 0-16 and win the Clowneybowl in 2013 and we went 8-8 and almost made the playoffs 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

First.... I hate Peter King. I do disagree with where he has the Jets ranked for this year. However I do agree with a good portion of the narrative. I believe in terms of wins and losses..... The Jets will be right about the same place they finished last year.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Gibby said:

First.... I hate Peter King. I do disagree with where he has the Jets ranked for this year. However I do agree with a good portion of the narrative. I believe in terms of wins and losses..... The Jets will be right about the same place they finished last year.

Which would be higher than getting ranked 28 out of 32

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Actually over the course of 50 years we did win 1 SB and been to 5 AFC Title games, and many teams in the league can't say that since only 20 teams including Jets have won SBs and some of them like the Bucs, Bears, to name a few outside of their lone SB have been to very few conference title games and much less than our 5. So, just making the point that saying the Jets suck for a 50 year period means you would have to say that for about half the teams in the league over that span and its just too long of a timeframe to say that about almost any team, Even teams like the Lions, Browns, Cardinals, etc. have had their moments in the playoffs.

Superbowl was 51 years ago.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

people who think the Jets are going 10 or 11 wins or whatever need to sit down and actually look at the schedule

they are due to fly like 31000 miles this year 

great franchises with established programs can overcome such obstacles

the Jets are neither 

Lol! I don't think they're winning 10 or 11 games, but that has nothing to do with how many hours the Jets spend in airplanes this year. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Actually, he's very much got a point in criticizing their schedule. The schedule the Jets had last season is the easiest schedule I've ever seen any team have? Yet, they still managed to give a winless Cincinnati team a win.

Honestly, I think the Jets have improved from last season, but given the strength of their schedule, it wouldn't surprise if they were worse in the W/L column. The Jets are still a terrible when they face the best teams in the league.

You can’t ignore the fact that our QB missed 4 games with illness, was affected at least in one other game as well. This should/could have easily been an 8-10 win season if not for that single stroke of massive bad luck. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol! I don't think they're winning 10 or 11 games, but that has nothing to do with how many hours the Jets spend in airplanes this year. 

They should be able to win 1 more game than last season. They were 0-7 for goodness sake. We should be atleast 8-8.

6 minutes ago, TNJet said:

They should be able to win 1 more game than last season. They were 0-7 for goodness sake. We should be atleast 8-8.

How many games this year are we scheduled to play against others' second teams? We played 1 last year.

How many games this year will be played against teams that finish with 2-4 wins? We played 3 last year. Would have been 4 if we didn't lose to 0-7 Miami.

How many games this year will be against otherwise playoff teams that are missing its star starting QB? We played 1 last year, and 2 if you count what Dak Prescott was without Amari Cooper.

How many winless teams will we play in November and December? We played 1 of each last year.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How many games this year are we scheduled to play against others' second teams? We played 1 last year.

How many games this year will be played against teams that finish with 2-4 wins? We played 3 last year. Would have been 4 if we didn't lose to 0-7 Miami.

How many games this year will be against otherwise playoff teams that are missing its star starting QB? We played 1 last year, and 2 if you count what Dak Prescott was without Amari Cooper.

How many winless teams will we play in November and December? We played 1 of each last year.

I mean unless our QB is going to now catch chicken pox we should be vastly improved. We looked pretty good on defense last year with CJ Mosley on D that first game before losing him and getting gutted the second half against Buffalo. We got both of our LBers back this year and an O line that's entirely revamped. We can't be worse than last year

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Actually, he's very much got a point in criticizing their schedule. The schedule the Jets had last season is the easiest schedule I've ever seen any team have? Yet, they still managed to give a winless Cincinnati team a win.

Honestly, I think the Jets have improved from last season, but given the strength of their schedule, it wouldn't surprise if they were worse in the W/L column. The Jets are still a terrible when they face the best teams in the league.

I think the schedule isn't as big a deal this year, because the Pats won't be a top team any more. That means the Jets will contend for the division. We have the best QB in the division (without mono), a potential top 5 D and Bell and a new line with a better receiving corp. (Herndon, Mims). The difficult schedule assumes the Pats are the same team with a great record - they aren't and they'll most likely suck or be middle of the road. No, they suck. Name one team in any other division that has the best QB and a strong D that would not be picked to win the division?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

We also have a chance to have several elite players this year: Adams, Darnold, Mosely, Q. Williams (yes, a chance), Bell. This team has plenty of talent to contend.

to contend? IDK about that to be better than last year sure. 

We should be vastly improved but we have a lot of pieces that we'll really depend on that we have no idea how good they will be.

If Mims, Becton and Fant don't seriously produce we are in trouble. We also need Williams to prove his worth and that's no given.  

44 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I mean unless our QB is going to now catch chicken pox we should be vastly improved. We looked pretty good on defense last year with CJ Mosley on D that first game before losing him and getting gutted the second half against Buffalo. We got both of our LBers back this year and an O line that's entirely revamped. We can't be worse than last year

The Jets can be better next year and still go 7-9.  It's not mutually exclusive points:  The schedule is just that much tougher.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets can be better next year and still go 7-9.  It's not mutually exclusive points:  The schedule is just that much tougher.

No disagreement there. I don't expect to be a real contender next year. I think we'll grab a wild card at best, but I don't disregard those wins last year. We where a hot mess who I didn't expect to win anything after Darnold got mono and the laundry list of injuries. I'm expecting to be competitive against anyone this year which is all I care about. I just want to see positive improvement 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.

No doubt the roster is better and Sam has more experience. But as much as some may think the 2020 schedule was a giant FU from Goodell - even though the list of opponents is by formula not by handpicked selection, and the only short weeks in 2020 are when we play at home - it was an even greater sloppy wet kiss on the lips in 2019. 

Remove the Jets games from the equation, for obvious reasons, and the 2019 opponents were:

1. 13-2 Baltimore
  2. 10-4 New England
  3. 10-4 New England
  4. 9-5 Buffalo's starters
  5. (0-0) Buffalo's second/scout team
  6. 4-10 Miami
  7. 4-10 Miami
  8. 7-8 Oakland (6 of 7 wins against sub-.500 teams)
  9. 8-7 Pittsburgh (all 8 wins against sub-.500 teams)
  10. 5-10 Jacksonville
  11. 5-10 Cleveland
  12. 2-13 Cincinnati 
  13. 3-12 Washington
  14. 4-11 NYG (half those wins vs. Washington, lol)
  15. 8-7 Philadelphia (half those wins vs. NYG/Wash + 1 split w/Dallas)
  16. 8-7 Dallas (half those wins vs. NYG/Wash + 1 split w/Philly)

In 2019 we only played serious opponents in 4 games (red). Plus 2 more (in yellow) only seemed more serious on paper because GB/Dal each won 5 divisional games: 4 against the two doormats, plus split against each other. Each of them only beat one serious opponent (Philly beat GB; Dallas beat LAR). 

The other 10 Jets opponents, in green, were somewhere between demonstrably weak and outright terrible teams.

Barring another year of lucky scheduling (i.e. play teams when they have injuries at QB and/or multiple key starter positions)... for them to merely match last year's win total, the Jets will need to improve on the field, and with its coaching on the sideline, and not just improve on paper in the preseason.

There's every likelihood they'll win the same (or fewer) games even if they are a better team, if the schedule ends up being as hard as it appears, even if Brady isn't on NE anymore. If they succeed despite this harder schedule, then it'll be easier for a lot of Jets fans to become true believers like we all want to be.

• Upvote 4