Patriots Homer Peter King thinks Jets Will Stink Next Season

1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I mean unless our QB is going to now catch chicken pox we should be vastly improved. We looked pretty good on defense last year with CJ Mosley on D that first game before losing him and getting gutted the second half against Buffalo. We got both of our LBers back this year and an O line that's entirely revamped. We can't be worse than last year

Bad as Falk was, there's no guarantee they'd have won any of his 3 games.

In a way it was GREAT for Gase and Darnold, because there's every likelihood they'd have lost at least 2 of those 3 even with a healthy Darnold, and it's unlikely Darnold would have gone 20/25 passing vs. Cleveland.

So the result is Darnold ended up with fewer losses on his year total, and Gase got full mulligans for each non-Darnold game. Never mind it was 100% Gase's idea to have Falk on the roster in the first place. No there aren't a lot of ace 3rd string QBs, but c'mon. Literally, Sanchez off his couch and finding a new creative way to buttfumble, would still have been a better QB than Falk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

people who think the Jets are going 10 or 11 wins or whatever need to sit down and actually look at the schedule
they are due to fly like 31000 miles this year 
great franchises with established programs can overcome such obstacles
the Jets are neither 
I see 8-8

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Our schedule tho was a giant FU from Roger Goodell

^^^^ Just another senseless comment by the master of them.

@Philc1 has no clue how the league makes up the schedule. We've told him many times, but he'd rather whine than listen.

"but... but... Goodell hates us," wah wah :baby:

8 hours ago, Gibby said:

First.... I hate Peter King. I do disagree with where he has the Jets ranked for this year. However I do agree with a good portion of the narrative. I believe in terms of wins and losses..... The Jets will be right about the same place they finished last year.

Right, but the Jets were 7-9 last year with a ridiculous number of injuries, which was easily better than 28/32.

So, I think it’s fair for people to say that we have a better roster this year but a tougher schedule, and therefore, expect approximately the same overall record. But 28/32 seems pretty harsh.

regardless, I don’t really care. Peter is allowed to think whatever he wants. 

also, we typically do better when everyone thinks we are gonna suck. 

I'd say the Jets will win between 6 and 8 games.  

The bad news is the HC.   The VERY good news is the GM.   

JD has the roster going in the right direction and I'm sure he will continue to build intelligently and economically for sustained success.  If many of us are right about Gase not being HC material, I'm sure JD will *help* the Johnsons make a good choice for the new HC in 2021.

Since Woody became owner, there has not been a lot to be hopeful about, but I believe JD is a game changer.  I *REALLY* think JD will build a winner.

PK is a Pats drum beater and he can piss off either way... 

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2020 at 5:57 AM, THE BARON said:

I'd say the Jets will win between 6 and 8 games.  

The bad news is the HC.   The VERY good news is the GM.   

JD has the roster going in the right direction and I'm sure he will continue to build intelligently and economically for sustained success.  If many of us are right about Gase not being HC material, I'm sure JD will *help* the Johnsons make a good choice for the new HC in 2021.

Since Woody became owner, there has not been a lot to be hopeful about, but I believe JD is a game changer.  I *REALLY* think JD will build a winner.

PK is a Pats drum beater and he can piss off either way... 

I really really dont see the Jets being that bad. I think they are greatly improved from last year. It is simple to just look at last years teams and say that this season will be really hard, but there is no guarantee that the NFC teams will be anywhere near as strong as last year, and ALL AFC East teams play them. The AFC West has the Chiefs but I am not sure the rest of the teams will be all that improved so we could have success there. A lot of it is timing and injuries. If we play Cincinnati a week earlier last week Dalton might not have played and that might have been a win as an example. 10 games might win our division this year and with a vastly improved OL, another year of experience for Sam, improved WR core and much greater depth at CB, couple with Herndon, Moseley and others coming back from injury I think we really have a shot. I can see us being as high as Top 3 in defense and I think we will be Top 15 in offense. That is a playoff caliber combo

• Upvote 2

On 6/2/2020 at 1:09 PM, Philc1 said:

Has jets ranked #28 out of 32 teams.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/06/nfl-power-rankings-giants-jets-slammed-by-nbc-sports-peter-king-eagles-show-signs-of-hope.html

4CF6DADE-81D2-49F6-BD17-A8F8E024FD91.jpeg

Eff Peter King with the dildo that Kraft had stuck up his butt in that massage parlor.

• Upvote 2

On 6/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, 14 in Green said:

^^^^ Just another senseless comment by the master of them.

@Philc1 has no clue how the league makes up the schedule. We've told him many times, but he'd rather whine than listen.

"but... but... Goodell hates us," wah wah :baby:

You took a break from licking Baker’s balls to stalk me!  Nice!

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You took a break from licking Baker’s balls to stalk me!  Nice!

If we could all refrain from these types of posts discussing posters performing homosexual acts, that would be great. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2020 at 4:37 PM, Aaron Hernandez said:

Peter King is a relic of sh*tty print media. We used to be somewhat forced to read his opinion cause he was around forever. Now he's basically like any douche on bleacher report but more desperate cause his influence is disappearing, where as a normal BR writer never had any to begin with

I wouldn't call him a print media relic.

His MMQB column was on SI.com for 15 years, and he now writes at ProFootballTalk.com for NBC Sports.