Jamal comes in at #20 on PFF top players

All it takes is just one other GM.... Just one out of 31 who agrees with this rating and we are golden.  Two GMs would be better of course but one is enough.

I suspect that the real number is ZERO

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

They can't all be Darnold bashing threads, sorry. 

Poster #1:  I sure hope Darnold finally lives up to his potential, and throws for over 4,000 yards and maybe 30 TD's this year.

Poster #2:  WHY ARE U BASHING DARNOLD.  WHY DO U HATE HIM SO MUCH!!!!!  WHY DO YOU HATE THE JETS!!!!  HATER!!! HATER!!!! HAAAAAAAATE!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Most fan bases rejoice at seeing their best players recognized. 

Not Jets fans though. And then people wonder why the reporters for the team always have a negative slant.

We’re the ones who see him every week.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Not Jets fans though. And then people wonder why the reporters for the team always have a negative slant.

Because it helps sell clicks in a town where one franchise is consistently good and the other you can bash with impunity.  What.  You think they'd actually change their tone if Jets fans were any less an angry mob?  If the team ever wins... it'll be "yeah, those days may be over but you're still the Jets.  And here's another laundry list of reasons why you stink."  The only thing that changes that kind of thing is championships.  I think it was Madden said, "They stop laughing at you when you win championships."

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I haven’t seen the list, but I’ll guarantee you that #21-25 will all be players you’d happily trade Jamal Adams for

Correct. 

These top whatever lists don't mean anything. A "most valuable" list would be more useful. 

17 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Yeah, someone should really do something about these fans. 

• Haha 3

See here's the thing about Adams.

He's really good.  Really good.  

It's also true that he plays a position that traditionally isn't as valuable as some others.

I think it's probably true that he is a better overall player than Bosa is.  Does that mean that I wouldn't swap the 2 if possible?  No.  But it also doesn't mean it can't be acknowledged that Adams is a very, very good player.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

What a ridiculous example.

1st: Jamal Adams doesn't play the same position as Reed.  He also doesn't make even 1 sliver of the same impact as Reed playing the position(s) that he does play.

2nd:  Reed's career is finished, whereas all three players being discussed here are, literally, just getting started.  We're comparing young players to other young players.

Now that we've settled that, here's the best answer I can possibly give this question:

If Myles Garrett continues his trajectory and, ultimately, becomes a HoF Pass-Rusher?  No.  I would take Garrett 10 times out of 10.  Same goes for Bosa.  If they both become HoF pass rushers, you take the Pass Rusher over the Safety every single time.

Not an example.  Was just wondering if you would take perhaps the best safety ever to play over an elite quality D-lineman/Edge.  It is more a question of the added value of a remarkable player at a lesser valued position vs. a very good player at a more valued position.  

And now, time for me to put on my idiot head cap.

I'd take Jamal over Bosa under certain conditions.  

• WTF? 1