Sign in to follow this  
Rhg1084

Jamal comes in at #20 on PFF top players

See here's the thing about Adams.

He's really good.  Really good.  

It's also true that he plays a position that traditionally isn't as valuable as some others.

I think it's probably true that he is a better overall player than Bosa is.  Does that mean that I wouldn't swap the 2 if possible?  No.  But it also doesn't mean it can't be acknowledged that Adams is a very, very good player.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

It absolutely is an example.  An example is something you use to get a point across.  You used Ed Reed vs Myles Garrett and Nick Bosa.  That's an example in every way, shape, and form.

Addressing the meat of this: Myles Garrett, compared to Jamal Adams, is, at the very least, on equal footing when discussing player caliber.  Going further than that, he might be better.  The fact that he's an EDGE player is the cherry on top.  Bosa, after his rookie year, is not far behind Jamal.  The difference between Jamal and both Garrett and Bosa is that Myles and Nick are absolute game changers at a position that is second, maybe, to QB.

Factoring all of that in, I'd trade Jamal for either one and never think twice about it.

I'm not saying I disagree with the overall sentiment here, but one of the counterpoints always brought up against Adams as a "game changer" is the Jets record since his arrival.  Maybe not by you, but I've seen it many times. If that's part of the equation them why is Garrett a game changer?

What constitutes a game changer? I think that term gets thrown around very loosely and changes meaning depending on the person.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company