Warfish

I was Curious About Other Teams Opinions.....

....because it's interesting to hear how other teams and fanbases see themselves and compare it to how we see ourselves.

So I did some listening in on the Washington Redskins radio recently, since I am a local here. 

This is a team that had more injuries and lost more starters than the Jets last year.  A team with a similarly young QB.  A team who went 3-13 and was horrible.

Apparently they think they're going to be VERY good this year.  Some things I heard from their beat reporters and local radio yak:

-Chase Young will be DROY and set the all-time Rookie Sack Record.

-Their Defensive Front Four of Young, Kerrigan, Sweat and (I think Payne maybe?) could be the best front four ever, and should be unblockable, especially Young.

-Their Defense will be Raven's-like, and could set records under new D-Co Del Rio.

-Their young QB, under the new HC Rivera, will have a breakout year, as will their Offense.

-They think they will win their division outright, their divisional pigs are ripe for slaughter....as it were.

-They think that without all those injuries last year, they have a much better time coming in 2020.

In short, they sounds just like some of us.  Filled to the very brim with excitement and expectations and lofty dreams.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

nice, I expect most fans to think this way.

Oh these weren't fans (although fans later agreed).  This was a DC Sports Radio Host and a Beat Reporter.

So you agree, you think they'll be that good then?

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh these weren't fans (although fans later agreed).  This was a DC Sports Radio Host and a Beat Reporter.

I do not. But that doesn’t mean I know anything more than they do despite the difference in opinion.

• Upvote 3

At the end of the year only one team’s fans are happy.

The rest are bitter excuse making crybabies.... like me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I mean, those statements for the Redskins aren’t too far off imo. They do have a very good defense and front. And Chase Young should be very good. 

Sounds about right for the most part. 

I actually think Jets fans are more hesitant then thinking we’ll have a breakout season or anything. More so hoping we’re better then anything!

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

....because it's interesting to hear how other teams and fanbases see themselves and compare it to how we see ourselves.

So I did some listening in on the Washington Redskins radio recently, since I am a local here. 

This is a team that had more injuries and lost more starters than the Jets last year.  A team with a similarly young QB.  A team who went 3-13 and was horrible.

Apparently they think they're going to be VERY good this year.  Some things I heard from their beat reporters and local radio yak:

-Their Defensive Front Four of Young, Kerrigan, Sweat and (I think Payne maybe?) could be the best front four ever, and should be unblockable, especially Young.

-Their Defense will be Raven's-like, and could set records under new D-Co Del Rio.

-Their young QB, under the new HC Rivera, will have a breakout year, as will their Offense.

-They think they will win their division outright, their divisional pigs are ripe for slaughter....as it were.

-They think that without all those injuries last year, they have a much better time coming in 2020.

In short, they sounds just like some of us.  Filled to the very brim with excitement and expectations and lofty dreams.

It's  possible they can win the division if Philly and Dallas both lose their QB's and Offensive lines. 

Who comes up with this stuff? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I mean, those statements for the Redskins aren’t too far off imo. They do have a very good defense and front. And Chase Young should be very good. 

Sounds about right for the most part. 

I actually think Jets fans are more hesitant then thinking we’ll have a breakout season or anything. More so hoping we’re better then anything!

We are in a way more flawed division than the skins. We would need certain things to happen like the OL hitting the ground running, Q being a dominant DL, and most of all Sam having the break out year but we are playing against a Pats team without Brady and Gronk, a rebuilding Fins team, and a good Bills team with a QB capable of throwing a back break pick at any time. 

Sorry but I like our odds better

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

There is a difference between being optimistic and delusional.

On June 3rd? Not so much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I've listened to DC sports radio, albeit years ago when I lived there. Total Homerville. It seems most towns media and radio guys are total Homer Superfans. Everywhere and everyone but the NY Jets media people. LOL. 

Guys like Cimini and Manish often seem to actively despise the team they cover, and seem like their assignment was punishment. Hell, our own former radio play by play guy Howard David seemed to loathe the Jets, and ran directly for Miami to call their games and host a radio show when he quit calling Jets games in 99. It's weird. 

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Things you bring up that I actually think is true

1) Just like how Jets fans have felt since Williams took over the defense. REdskins fans should be excited about Jack Del Rio being their DC. I think Jack Del Rio is every bit as fine a DC as Williams. As a Jets fan, I don't worry about the defensive coaching. My ONLY worry from that standpoint is will JD provide Williams with the talent he needs on a year by year basis? Because Williams, and Jack Del Rio for that matter, can flat out coach like their hair is on fire.

2) I think Chase Young is every bit as good as advertised. It wouldn't surprise me if he's DROY and breaks the sack record.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Sports radio hosts are idiots too. What exactly are we doing here?

• Upvote 2

I automatically thought you were going to tell us about the Browns for some reason.  

(Imagine my relief.)

• Haha 2

Not much different from politics or business. Out with the old, in with the new...and you get a temporary boost in morale.

Fan-bases from teams with new leadership, young QBs or the 'next big thing' are prone to acting irrationally optimistic. Change is meant to be for good, right?

Redskins definitely fit the criteria. As do the jets.

I'm not sure the Jags, Bears or Lions are feeling too hot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

There is a difference between being optimistic and delusional.

Kinda my point. 

I thought perhaps people might see things differently seeing how OTHER teams fans/media act, and having a bit of their silly over-hype exposed.

I think my intent was pretty obvious, tbqh.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Sports radio hosts are idiots too. What exactly are we doing here?

I, for one, don't set expectations for my teams until Michael Kay or Mike Francessa chime in.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, I think it's entirely possible their defense will be really good.

That said, I don't like Haskins and expect their offense to continue to suck.

until you mentioned Haskins I thought you were talking about us.

If you had said "the QB" instead of his name, I never would've known.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hell, our own former radio play by play guy Howard David seemed to loathe the Jets, and ran directly for Miami to call their games and host a radio show when he quit calling Jets games in 99. It's weird. 

An old Jewish guy moved to Miami in '99... You thought that was weird?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I've just worked out a trade with Washington. They get @T0mShane and we get a perpetually optimistic Scottish Redskins fan with genital warts that thinks they are a Jamal Adams away from the Super Bowl.

Good luck, Tommy Boy!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I've just worked out a trade with Washington. They get @T0mShane and we get a perpetually optimistic Scottish Redskins fan with genital warts that thinks they are a Jamal Adams away from the Super Bowl.

Good luck, Tommy Boy!

My first thread: CHANGE THE NAME TO THE WASHINGTON LEFTIST GUERRILLAS. COME ON SNYDER U COWARD

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My first thread: CHANGE THE NAME TO THE WASHINGTON LEFTIST GUERRILLAS. COME ON SNYDER U COWARD

LMAO

or just add the rest of that to Redskins and you can make everyone miserable. Don't be jealous that I came up with that.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

LMAO

or just add the rest of that to Redskins and you can make everyone miserable. Don't be jealous that I came up with that.

I will credit you when I’m permabanned

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Washington Dischords... Actually a really cool name for a football team.  But Ian Mackaye and Henry Rollins would probably lose their sh*t if you tried to name their hometown team after DC hardcore. 

(As if you needed to give Rollins an excuse to open his trap about anything.)

• Post of the Week 1

I am a 48 year old Jet fan. The Jets sucked last year- they will suck this year. The Jets have been a miserable disappoint to me since I was 6 years old. Having said that. I am optimistic every single year and hope one day they will surprise me. Go Jets!!!

3 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I am a 48 year old Jet fan. The Jets sucked last year- they will suck this year. The Jets have been a miserable disappoint to me since I was 6 years old. Having said that. I am optimistic every single year and hope one day they will surprise me. Go Jets!!!

821a762670b3f94a7ca83424010db7a8--plague-school-lunch.jpg.8869ff301194044a937695bb526c392a.jpg

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

yeah diff is that their QB stinks at football and ours doesnt...which in todays NFL is kind of the only thing that really matters...

• Upvote 2

Every Athlete on every NFL team is world class. It's just a matter of the stars aligning. Quarterback, head coach, G.M, Coordinators Etc.

I think the Jets have a really great Foundation right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Best front four ever? Ravens like defense?  LOL. I’d bet Young is more likely a bust than DROY.