I was Curious About Other Teams Opinions.....

Just now, k-met57 said:

yeah diff is that their QB stinks at football and ours doesnt...which in todays NFL is kind of the only thing that really matters...

Yes, we've been very fortunate to have him the last two seasons

:-({|=

Just now, docdhc said:

Best front four ever? Ravens like defense?  LOL. I’d bet Young is more likely a bust than DROY. 

and yet I'm sure you think Bryce Hall will be the DROY, amirite?

](*,)

I blame you for this @Warfish not them. Hope you're happy with your little social experiment. =D>

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Kinda my point. 

I thought perhaps people might see things differently seeing how OTHER teams fans/media act, and having a bit of their silly over-hype exposed.

I think my intent was pretty obvious, tbqh.  

Your intent was to get Jets fans to be less optimistic about the Jets?  Sounds like a good use of one's time.

Everyone is aware that fans and media alike get this stuff wrong and can be homers.  How many times have the Bills been the "sexy pick", and every year New England finishes several games ahead of them? 

You're not providing anything new here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

....because it's interesting to hear how other teams and fanbases see themselves and compare it to how we see ourselves.

So I did some listening in on the Washington Redskins radio recently, since I am a local here. 

This is a team that had more injuries and lost more starters than the Jets last year.  A team with a similarly young QB.  A team who went 3-13 and was horrible.

Apparently they think they're going to be VERY good this year.  Some things I heard from their beat reporters and local radio yak:

-Chase Young will be DROY and set the all-time Rookie Sack Record.

-Their Defensive Front Four of Young, Kerrigan, Sweat and (I think Payne maybe?) could be the best front four ever, and should be unblockable, especially Young.

-Their Defense will be Raven's-like, and could set records under new D-Co Del Rio.

-Their young QB, under the new HC Rivera, will have a breakout year, as will their Offense.

-They think they will win their division outright, their divisional pigs are ripe for slaughter....as it were.

-They think that without all those injuries last year, they have a much better time coming in 2020.

In short, they sounds just like some of us.  Filled to the very brim with excitement and expectations and lofty dreams.

that be what fans do

I would imagine that being optimistic about the nation’s most popular past time is a more winning strategy than pessimism in the midst of social unrest, a once-a-century global viral pandemic, death, record unemployment, and involuntary mass social confinement typically akin only to those especially violent criminals already in prison. 

A5592A94-1243-4FFB-99C6-DBFEF9073ED1.png

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Give me one, just one 100% reason why Hall cant win DROY over Young

He suffered a severe ankle injury (fractured fibula + broken lateral malleous + numerous torn ligaments + sprain) less than 8 months ago and 2020 will largely be a "redshirt year" for him.  That's a pretty good reason in my book.  Due to that, he's not even the top DROY candidate on the Jets.  

In 2021 he's going to be a top 15 or so CB in the league, however.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

....because it's interesting to hear how other teams and fanbases see themselves and compare it to how we see ourselves.

So I did some listening in on the Washington Redskins radio recently, since I am a local here. 

This is a team that had more injuries and lost more starters than the Jets last year.  A team with a similarly young QB.  A team who went 3-13 and was horrible.

Apparently they think they're going to be VERY good this year.  Some things I heard from their beat reporters and local radio yak:

-Chase Young will be DROY and set the all-time Rookie Sack Record.

-Their Defensive Front Four of Young, Kerrigan, Sweat and (I think Payne maybe?) could be the best front four ever, and should be unblockable, especially Young.

-Their Defense will be Raven's-like, and could set records under new D-Co Del Rio.

-Their young QB, under the new HC Rivera, will have a breakout year, as will their Offense.

-They think they will win their division outright, their divisional pigs are ripe for slaughter....as it were.

-They think that without all those injuries last year, they have a much better time coming in 2020.

In short, they sounds just like some of us.  Filled to the very brim with excitement and expectations and lofty dreams.

They will be good at some point. They don't have enough weapons on offense and with a new HC and GM I don't see them making the post season. They may have a great D line but terrible DBs and no name LBs... Because of that short quick passing teams are going to run up the score on them and without a vertical offense they won't be able to keep up. They are going to be a run first team, much like Tenn, with less talent.

I just don't see them better then 6-10. 

Giants are an underdog team that may surprise and they have to play the cowboys and eagles twice... eek... 

They have vastly improved from a talent perspective from last year but.... They are nowhere close to a playoff team.

21 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Give me one, just one 100% reason why Hall cant win DROY over Young

Young is better?

Just kidding, man. ?

What the hell do I know about these kids? I don't sit in my basement watching you tube highlights of some LG from Central South Dakota State, and when I watch a college game, I'm following the ball. The DBs aren't even on the screen unless its a replay of a pass play. I never heard of Bryce Hall until maybe a day or two before the draft.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:57 PM, 14 in Green said:

until you mentioned Haskins I thought you were talking about us.

If you had said "the QB" instead of his name, I never would've known.

Understandable for sure. I do legitimately like Darnold way more than Haskins though, and I think most smart people agree.

• Upvote 1

Didn’t ESPN or one of these outlets recently predict every team’s record, only to have all of their combined records be like 50 games over .500? 

I mean, it’s that time of year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Didn’t ESPN or one of these outlets recently predict every team’s record, only to have all of their combined records be like 50 games over .500? 

I mean, it’s that time of year. 

That's the problem when you have multiple people guessing teams' records, then smashing all those predictions into one league-wide prediction.  It never works.  

I just want the Deadskins to suck because I want their miserable fans to be hating every minute of their lives 24/7, after having to endure them for  two decades living in DC. When I first got there in '84, I mean, I actually HAD to root for the Giants because I wanted to cheer against them no matter what. (LT was a boon.) Screw them and their Hogs and their self righteousness. They deserve the Snyderbastard as well. I hope he pulls a Dolan and fires everyone competent the minute he gets an ingrown butt follicle about screwing the season ticket holders, or suing old ladies for not renewing their tickets. I fart in their general direction.