NY Jets second-round pick Denzel Mims has quite an interesting background.

50 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Read the article expecting there would be some amazing fact about Denzel Mims. He juggles chainsaws, caught an 800 sea bass,is a licensed Space Shuttle Pilot, ...no.  And really he is about what you might expect from a college wideout. Philadelphia scares him?

I laughed when i read that, but i think we lose sight of how diverse the US really is. This dude is from a small town in Texas, and not very travelled. Philly probably feels like a different country to him.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh, I see. You think I just made that up. You know we had a forum before you arrived, right?

Usually the complaint was people only posting a link and not pasting the article.  Not the other way around.  Unless I'm mistaken.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm just hopping  we broke the 2nd round WR curse. 

It's certainly been a long while!  Wesley Walker (1977) was the last 2nd round WR to be a hit.  The list since then is so embarrassing....

• Ralph Clayton (1980):  7 career games played (all for STL), 0 catches
  • Reggie Rembert (1990):  28 games (all for CIN), 36  catches, 1 TD
  • Ryan Yarborough (1994):  51 games (29 with Jets), 44 catches, 3 TDs
  • Alex Van Dyke (1996):  42 games (36 with Jets), 26 catches, 3 TDs
  • Stephen Hill (2012):  23 games, 45 catches, 594 yds, 4 TDs
  • Devin Smith (2015):  18 games (14 with Jets), 15 catches, 2 TDs

Ugh.

And other than Coles, the 3rd round has been not much kinder for us, historically, when it comes to WRs.  Gary Hammond, Jo-Jo Townsell, Dedric Ward and ArDarius Stewart is the list of winners there.  Townsell at least had a decent career as a return man, I guess....

Considering that Round 2/3 are the "money rounds" when it comes to finding solid receivers at good value, it's so sad how much talent we've missed out on and what we ended up with.  

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's certainly been a long while!  Wesley Walker (1977) was the last 2nd round WR to be a hit.  The list since then is so embarrassing....

• Ralph Clayton (1980):  7 career games played (all for STL), 0 catches
  • Reggie Rembert (1990):  28 games (all for CIN), 36  catches, 1 TD
  • Ryan Yarborough (1994):  51 games (29 with Jets), 44 catches, 3 TDs
  • Alex Van Dyke (1996):  42 games (36 with Jets), 26 catches, 3 TDs
  • Stephen Hill (2012):  23 games, 45 catches, 594 yds, 4 TDs
  • Devin Smith (2015):  18 games (14 with Jets), 15 catches, 2 TDs

Ugh.

And other than Coles, the 3rd round has been not much kinder for us, historically, when it comes to WRs.  Gary Hammond, Jo-Jo Townsell, Dedric Ward and ArDarius Stewart is the list of winners there.  Townsell at least had a decent career as a return man, I guess....

Considering that Round 2/3 are the "money rounds" when it comes to finding solid receivers at good value, it's so sad how much talent we've missed out on and what we ended up with.  

I had forgotten a couple of those names.  That is just brutal.  When Stephen Hill is the best of the bunch, you know it is not a very good bunch.

Hopefully Mims passes all these guys career numbers by December.

• Upvote 1