Trevon Wesco Blocking Highlights

14 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

I really don't understand why people want to cut this guy. I know, "MAC PICK HURR", but all teams still need competent lead blockers and extra inline blockers. He's one of the few guys who can play FB and TE. 

This.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Wesco looks.like Wreck-it Ralph.

im gonna wreck it GIF

confirmed 

31 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

this is my early nominee for Post of the Year

and possibly the peak of the Internet

it's all downhill from here folks.

as for Wesco he has value as a blocker and Bell runs like a man with a cold load in his trousers. 

Adam Gase's "Strong I" vs the Ravens choice was truly gutless. Weren't they down like a million to nothing? 

• Haha 4

Lol, I like how I watch him on these plays, and he makes the block.  However, there are like 8 other guys surrounding the running back anyway.  

I'm not sure he makes the roster because it's an opportunity cost.  Herndon/Griffen are the TEs in 12 personnel, and I'd much rather keep an extra OL (although 1 I believe is already required with the expansion) and a WR over a blocking TE.  He makes good blocks for a TE, but he's not really a receiving threat outside of the "oh crap, he's not blocking?" reaction lapses from the defense.  

Wesco is valuable because he does the little things and is versatile. He played more, and played well, as the season went on.

He can play TE, H-Back and Fullback, has strong blocking ability and also plays special teams. He'll never be a highlight reel player as a receiver, but he is a very useful guy to have on the team.

• Upvote 2

Guys like Wesco are necessary on every team. He's not Kelce or Kittle, but he doesn't have to be. On the other side of the ball if you remember Bart Scott wasn't exactly a sack machine he was just there to take on blocks. A guy like Mike DeVito wasn't a superstar but he seemed to be in on almost every play somehow.

Some of these unsung hero types are very necessary for the formation, the scheme or the play to work properly. Just don't draft them at # 6 overall lol.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, win4ever said:

Lol, I like how I watch him on these plays, and he makes the block.  However, there are like 8 other guys surrounding the running back anyway.  

I'm not sure he makes the roster because it's an opportunity cost.  Herndon/Griffen are the TEs in 12 personnel, and I'd much rather keep an extra OL (although 1 I believe is already required with the expansion) and a WR over a blocking TE.  He makes good blocks for a TE, but he's not really a receiving threat outside of the "oh crap, he's not blocking?" reaction lapses from the defense.  

I really like Wesco. I want him to make the team. I think he's just a fun player, the kind of guy you can root for on any given play whether he has the ball in his hands or not, but it's a number's game at TE. As you say, Herndon and Griffin are locks as the receiving TEs, and Wesco doesn't really back either of them up, that's Brown's job. 

I think a lot of it will come down to how well the OL is performing, and if they feel Wesco's blocking ability is worth keeping him around for over another OL. The fact that he can be an effective blocker from the FB or TE position should add some value. Not sure they could keep a third-string guard or tackle who could pull that off. There could definitely be plays/formations where he makes the most sense as the sixth blocker. But how often? 

His other path is special teams, mostly with more blocking. Hope he's had access to a jugs machine during the lock down, too. 

Oh, and he should switch his number back to #47. He should be wearing a big fat prime number, not Wesley Walker's. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

I really don't understand why people want to cut this guy. I know, "MAC PICK HURR", but all teams still need competent lead blockers and extra inline blockers. He's one of the few guys who can play FB and TE. 

Good point. Didn't he do pretty much what he was drafted to do?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Guys like Wesco are necessary on every team. He's not Kelce or Kittle, but he doesn't have to be. On the other side of the ball if you remember Bart Scott wasn't exactly a sack machine he was just there to take on blocks. A guy like Mike DeVito wasn't a superstar but he seemed to be in on almost every play somehow.

Some of these unsung hero types are very necessary for the formation, the scheme or the play to work properly. Just don't draft them at # 6 overall lol.

I'll have you know Mike Devito was a football god kind sir!

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Wesco is valuable because he does the little things and is versatile. He played more, and played well, as the season went on.

4 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Guys like Wesco are necessary on every team. He's not Kelce or Kittle, but he doesn't have to be.

Of course he's valuable.  The only problem (which is not his fault) is he was taken in the 4th round.  You know, 1 round later than Kelce was taken and 1 round earlier than Kittle was taken.  

A TE taken in the 4th needs to be a pass-catching threat.  Not just a blocker or Fullback type.  Again:  That part is not his fault.