Sign in to follow this  
GaryM

The NY Jets are expected to skip minicamp upon the conclusion of their virtual offseason program.

Pro athletes seem to not like playing sports.

12 hours ago, Web72 said:

Jamal would rather sit home

I think we are seeing this from a lot of pro athletes. They've gotten a taste of doing what they want at all times. No practices, responsibilities etc...most have enough money. MLB is dead, the 2020 NBA season is scheduled to start in 2040...and the NFL is already cancelling mini-camps etc. I don't see the NFL season happening if the MLB and NBA dont go through, the players wont want to play/be the first league to re-open.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

They have team meetings and classroom work during OTAs and minicamps. They can get things done via computer. However eventually they have to get back on the field.

Do the players actually want to get back on the field is the question. MLB is looking toast. I dont buy the NBA comeback...NFL players will fight going to camp. It's going to be sticky.

25 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You bring up a very legitimate point.  

Both the athletes and owners not enjoying playing sports is becoming a thing. This is across all pro sports. Gut says there's going to be major push back from the players about playing this season. There was an NBA victory lap regarding their season apparently starting in 2 months, but the players have yet to sign off on that either.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company