Run It Back: The Jets' greatest comeback ever -- the 'Monday Night Miracle'

Video can be found by clicking the link:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/run-it-back-the-monday-night-miracle

Kyle Brandt and Peter Schrager relive the thrilling Monday Night matchup from the 2000 season between the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets. Watch the biggest comeback in the history of Monday Night Football.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure if it was more pathetic that we signed him OR that he actually was desperate enough to sign the contract.  Kind of a wash, I guess.

It's basically the only thing I'll never forgive the legendary Rex Ryan for doing while he was leading us to greatness. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Video can be found by clicking the link:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/run-it-back-the-monday-night-miracle

Kyle Brandt and Peter Schrager relive the thrilling Monday Night matchup from the 2000 season between the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets. Watch the biggest comeback in the history of Monday Night Football.

I was there! What a night!

• Upvote 1

I was playing in a pool league that night and had to listen to all the Phin's fans  BS. When the league ended @9:30 PM I had to drive from Boynton Beach back to Jupiter and listen to the DJ on the radio pumping himself off when the Jets were down. But I got home and when the Jets were coming back my daughter checked that I hadn't turned off the game. I was watching and expecting the worst.

I walked out of my house because I couldn't watch the final FG.

A night I'll never forget.

The next day at work all the Dolphin's fans took a whole lot of crap from me. A buzz that's better than any high I've ever had.

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I was there! What a night!

So were' 150,000 others, and they all stayed for the full game!  lol.

(Not doubting your honesty at all, just making light of the dishonesty of others when they talk about legendary events, lol)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So were' 150,000 others, and they all stayed for the full game!  lol.

(Not doubting your honesty at all, just making light of the dishonesty of others when they talk about legendary events, lol)

LOL!!!

• Sympathy 1

What a game,,,unbelievable..Dolphins up 30 to 7 in the 3rd quarter. I was with a bunch of Giants fans who were giving it to me pretty good. When Chrebet caught the TD to tie it up with less than 4 minutes left, the silence was deafening. The Fins scored another TD 22 seconds later, but one of my most memorable play tied it up and sent it to OT. Jumbo Elliot bobbled a pass but hauled it in to send the game to OT, Jay Fiedler  got picked off by Marcus Coleman and John Hall made a 40 yard FG to win it...was amazing!!

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, GaryM said:

What a game,,,unbelievable..Dolphins up 30 to 7 in the 3rd quarter. I was with a bunch of Giants fans who were giving it to me pretty good. When Chrebet caught the TD to tie it up with less than 4 minutes left, the silence was deafening. The Fins scored another TD 22 seconds later, but one of my most memorable play tied it up and sent it to OT. Jumbo Elliot bobbled a pass but hauled it in to send the game to OT, Jay Fiedler  got picked off by Marcus Coleman and John Hall made a 40 yard FG to win it...was amazing!!

John Hall had the weirdest looking helmet ever.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:10 PM, Big_Slick said:

I was playing in a pool league that night and had to listen to all the Phin's fans  BS. When the league ended @9:30 PM I had to drive from Boynton Beach back to Jupiter and listen to the DJ on the radio pumping himself off when the Jets were down. But I got home and when the Jets were coming back my daughter checked that I hadn't turned off the game. I was watching and expecting the worst.

I walked out of my house because I couldn't watch the final FG.

A night I'll never forget.

The next day at work all the Dolphin's fans took a whole lot of crap from me. A buzz that's better than any high I've ever had.

The Miami Herald website had their own “Dewey Defeats Truman” moment when they published Dan Lebatard’s column the next morning about how MIA destroyed the Jets and revealed them as pretenders....I emailed him about it and he actually replied back with a mea culpa saying his deadline was before the end of the game, etc...

• Haha 1