Sign in to follow this  
DLJ

The Bills Jake Fromm puts foot in mouth...

The Bills have a type:

“Jake Fromm, a former star quarterback for the University of Georgia who was recently drafted to the Buffalo Bills, apologized on Thursday after past text messages of his emerged online, showing him saying that guns should be expensive so only “elite white people” can buy them.

According to NBC Sports, in the newly emerged messages, Fromm said that guns were “good" and added, “Just make them very expensive so only elite white people can get them haha.” The messages were reportedly sent when Fromm still played for Georgia in March of last year.

Fromm tweeted on Thursday afternoon that he is “extremely sorry” for his choice of words in the text message conversation.

“Although I never meant to imply that I am an ‘elite white person,’ as stated later in the conversation, there’s no excuse for that word choice and sentiment. While it was poor, my heart is not,” Fromm said.

“Now, more than ever, is the time for support and togetherness and I stand against racism 100%,” he continued. “I promise to commit myself to being a part of the solution in this country.”

“I addressed my teammates and coaches in a team meeting today and I hope they see this incident is not representative of the person I am. Again, I’m truly sorry for my words and actions and humbly ask for forgiveness,” Fromm added. “

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I just love social media justice. Let's cancel everyone for a perfect world. 

• Upvote 2

Buffalo. The land of elite whites. 

Where’s that video of a Bills fan putting his toddler through a folding table? 

forgot to add What an f’ing scumbag this kid is. Even if he was just joking with his idiot friends. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

I think maybe people should think before they say stupid shit. Easier than trying to convince people it was by accident after the thought. 

• Upvote 1

My number one guy Jamal Adams lit into Fromm and Drew Brees over this sh*t today. Wait until Jamal finds out Darnold has been taking a very woke stance on the golf courses of Palo Alto this week! 

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, static14 said:

Buffalo. The land of elite whites. 

Where’s that video of a Bills fan putting his toddler through a folding table? 

forgot to add What an f’ing scumbag this kid is. Even if he was just joking with his idiot friends. 

I have relatives that live in the Buffalo area and believe me they are not elite 'white privilege' folks. But they do own and have an $300 shotgun. #AntifaTerrorists had better not try to invade their homes. They use the shotguns to feed their families during deer hunting season rather than rely on welfare and food stamps.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My number one guy Jamal Adams lit into Fromm and Drew Brees over this sh*t today. Wait until Jamal finds out Darnold has been taking a very woke stance on the golf courses of Palo Alto this week! 

joe burrow is already beating Sam

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

That last part is a chuckle

3B2FCDCA-143D-45C5-9B8A-0AB8BD01461E.png

• Haha 1

Why is this even surprising what he said? He grew up in the south they just have inherent racist beliefs from centuries of thoughts and actions indoctrinated in their heads.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

What a BS world we live in today.
One guy cant say he's proud to be an American and the other cant joke around with his friends in personal texts.
Then the masses that have certainly said "questionable" things many times in the past but have been fortunate enough to have not been "outed" or "discovered" (yet) get to ride their high horses and get praised for their condemnations of the less enlightened.
If you believe The Prez and others never made a light hearted racist joke in his life then your just a plain fool

Give me a break.

Except “ proud to be American”‘isn’t what he said.

Just say you don’t GAF and Go.
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I have relatives that live in the Buffalo area and believe me they are not elite 'white privilege' folks. But they do own and have an $300 shotgun. #AntifaTerrorists had better not try to invade their homes. They use the shotguns to feed their families during deer hunting season rather than rely on welfare and food stamps.

Just one ? Most of my hunting buds out here have several, myself included.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

FWIW "Elite white people" (as Fromm put it) dont carry guns. They pay people to do it for them.

I'm not in any way "elite". I've worked my way up since I've been 12 years old and I have had a CCW since the FL law was passed over 25 years ago. I carry my gun whenever I need to put myself in risk, which I avoid at all costs. A home invasion and they will be sorry and I'll be protected by the Castle Doctrine Law which gives me liability from criminal and CIVIL liability.

You can call me elite since I've retired at 61 and have had everything I want and can wake up everyday and do whatever I want everyday. But I've WORKED for that and not expected welfare to provide for me.

FACT - The most law abiding demographic is CCW permit holders. - Eat that baby.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

3B2FCDCA-143D-45C5-9B8A-0AB8BD01461E.png

Not surprising Tom since those are the main urban areas in WNY.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Not surprising Tom since those are the main urban areas in WNY.

I know. I’m not denigrating the need for it. Just rebutting Slick implying Buffalo is too proud for public assistance. 

Also, off topic, thanks for your tips on running a while back. I’ve completed two virtual half marathons in the past three weeks. Your advice was incredibly helpful

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, DLJ said:

That last part is a chuckle

You've never had to rely on deer meat to provide food for your family. Do you receive food stamps? Or do you other .gov monetary assistance?  It's easy when you rely on other peoples tax dollars.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

I know. I’m not denigrating the need for it. Just rebutting Slick implying Buffalo is too proud for public assistance. 

Also, off topic, thanks for your tips on running a while back. I’ve completed two virtual half marathons in the past three weeks. Your advice was incredibly helpful

He’s not talking about Buffalo Tom...
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this thread will end gracefully.

• Haha 2

A lot of people are going to pull a hammy climbing on high horses just trying to show how woke they are in some of todays threads....

• Haha 2

You've never had to rely on deer meat to provide food for your family. Do you receive food stamps? Or do you other .gov monetary assistance?  It's easy when you rely on other peoples tax dollars.

And why would ask if I receive food stamps or other government assistance or rely on “other peoples tax dollars”?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

Hey Crusher just go ahead and lock this one up.

It won’t end well.

Ok, dear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3