Jaguars coaches and players march in Jacksonville (yes, it’ll be locked, but this is really amazing, imo)

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

As we all know, the NFL loves to pay lip service to this kind of thing and then go back to doing nothing, so any measure beyond scratching a check is noteworthy. This is so interesting to me, even if it’s mostly performative, for the coaching staff to be involved and with the blessing of the owner. Good for them. As we know, Jacksonville is a despair-ridden hellhole of a city—what I call the sluice-trough of the Eastern seaboard—so this is a much needed sign of hope there. Good for Marrone. 

SK is one of the more progressive owners in sports.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

SK is one of the more progressive owners in sports.

Indeed. However how long before some insensitive skunk digs up something he said 11 years ago to pee on this that is out of context and counter. UGHHHHH

1 hour ago, OCCH23 said:

I'm sure their support for police officers is right around the corner . . .

A fair point. But there is a systemic problem, which is the focus of these protests. The definition of tyranny is power without accountability. True accountability is hardly too much to ask for from those in whom so much power is vested. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

As we all know, the NFL loves to pay lip service to this kind of thing and then go back to doing nothing, so any measure beyond scratching a check is noteworthy. This is so interesting to me, even if it’s mostly performative, for the coaching staff to be involved and with the blessing of the owner. Good for them. As we know, Jacksonville is a despair-ridden hellhole of a city—what I call the sluice-trough of the Eastern seaboard—so this is a much needed sign of hope there. Good for Marrone. 

Raise you

Jerry-Jones-kneels.jpg

All that's left to ask is:

when are the Nike-made, NFL-endorsed, 'racism is bad' t-shirts coming out?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Exactly, it's hysterical when people try to give Kaepernick credit about how "peaceful" protest.  He was always inciting violence and now he put it into words which led to rioting.  He also is paying to spring the looting criminals out of jail.  It has completely hijacked the message from the real protesters.

• Upvote 3

Just now, JiF said:
Z0Fnk7lN_normal.jpeg

Im a 24 year old black man from Atlanta. Mother from africa and an illegal alien for almost 30sum years until 15 months ago. I’ve seen racism and experienced social injustice personally. maybe even on a deeper level because my mother had a foreign accent.

My license has been valid for as long as i can remember, but for some reason i still peep the rear view a couple times when a cop get behind me... why? Because that’s what i was taught to do.

Z0Fnk7lN_normal.jpeg

I’ve literally been in a bank and had the cops called on me. Not because i was robbing it.. but because i looked like i could have been robbing it. Oh... the teller was the one that called. I only needed like 200 dollars but i pulled out 10k just to play her ass ?

I’ve been in nice restaurants and been asked to leave because i can’t wear a hat, or because i was dressed “inappropriately” for the dining room. But, y’all know that mean i was just too black to eat in there that day lol

Z0Fnk7lN_normal.jpeg

I’m saying all of this to say... until you are black in America, you won’t truly understand what it is to be black in america and that’s fine. But don’t act like this doesn’t exist or isn’t real.

Black boys go from “cute little kids” to “threatening” within the same breath even if all they were doing was walking home. And A man walking in the wrong neighborhood becomes a casualty simply because he looks like he doesn’t belong.

Z0Fnk7lN_normal.jpeg

I’ve been in enough situations where the color of my skin was seen as a big enough threat to cost me my life. And i know there are countless others that that fit my description that could say the same.

I can kneel confidently because i know that with just that small gesture, a much bigger message is being conveyed. And also within that gesture the voices of those who no longer have a voice can be heard.

Z0Fnk7lN_normal.jpeg

I can kneel confidently because i know that with just that small gesture, a much bigger message is being conveyed. And also within that gesture the voices of those who no longer have a voice can be heard.

Sorry for Alvin, it doesn't change what Kaepernick is about.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

r374636_1296x729_16-9.jpg

CJ and the Jets handled this very well a few years back and I expect they'll do something similar again.  Solidarity.

SAR I

I actually agree with you. Was happy with the way he handled it. Hopefully he continues to be on the front lines and leading the franchise towards the right side of history. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I actually agree with you. Was happy with the way he handled it. Hopefully he continues to be on the front lines and leading the franchise towards the right side of history. 

Unfortunately he has ruined the franchise but as long as he agrees with Greenwichjetfan(where the only black lives that matter are the ones taken by police or white people) then he's alright!

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

What about Dungy?  He doesn't count? Is that because he was rational in his thinking?

How can people not agree this is insanity where people cannot give their honest opinions.  They'd prefer the phoniness of others rather than just respecting an opinion and starting a meaningful discussion.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

What about Dungy?  He doesn't count? Is that because he was rational in his thinking?

How can people not agree this is insanity where people cannot give their honest opinions.  That's prefer the phoniness of others rather than just respecting an opinion and starting a meaningful discussion.

• Upvote 2