Warfish

One Posters Plea to the Members of JN

I also think if Max will allow a heavily moderated thread on the subject it would be up to us to refrain from personal attacks.  There are some people I don't trust to do that.  However, I do remember Max saying that he can ban certain people from threads only now so that may be a good thing if anyone starts going off the rails.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I think its both.  There are plenty of numbers out there to indicate there is implicit bias.  And there is information to suggest that racist policies of the past have hurt and continue to hurt people of color today.  Redlining is the big one there.  

Racism and classism BOTH exist, and are pervasive at a systemic level.  I just happen to think racism is the worse evil right now, since people of color tend to be hurt by both.

I get it and also want to clarify when I say culture is that I mean the social aspect of life.  For example in a neighborhood with poverty, it may be more acceptable to be on welfare, drop out of school, be a drug dealer etc.  Not sure if those are bad examples but you get what I'm saying.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company